Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> SSSS.Gridman, Tsuburaya x Trigger (Anime)

nazrul90
post Oct 17 2018, 09:48 PM, updated 21h ago

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

https://gridman.net

user posted image

Yuta Hibiki awakens with amnesia and the ability see things that others cannot. He first encounters a Gridman in the reflection of his friend Rikka Takarada's computer and it tells him to "Remember his calling," but Yuta doesn't understand what this means. Later, in the distance, he sees an extremely large monster but it doesn't move. It's only when Yuta gets to school that the two sightings make sense: a monster attacks and the hero Yuta saw in the computer screen pulls him within the computer and transforms Yuta into a giant hero named Gridman.

Watching right now.
Quite nice anime with toku elements. Trigger delivered this anime.

This post has been edited by nazrul90: Oct 23 2018, 11:51 PM
patnam
post Oct 18 2018, 02:36 PM

Getting Started

Superhuman Samurai Syber-Squad...!!
cycheah
post Oct 18 2018, 02:46 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(patnam @ Oct 18 2018, 02:36 PM)
Superhuman Samurai Syber-Squad...!!
deshou?

this name is quite nostalgic... would chase this series every friday evening... would go as far as record it when living room TV is occupied tongue.gif
memphiz_zero88
post Oct 18 2018, 04:09 PM

Your fate has been decided.
Group Icon
Group: Moderator

really enjoyed watching this. guess making it into anime instead of live action works well I guess.
epsilon_chinwk86
post Oct 18 2018, 05:21 PM

On my way
Group: Senior Member

Maciam Ultraman + GaoGaiGar
Alternate-Zer0
post Oct 21 2018, 01:47 PM

Group: Newbie

QUOTE(epsilon_chinwk86 @ Oct 18 2018, 05:21 PM)
Maciam Ultraman + GaoGaiGar
Yep, Gridman was created by Tsuburaya, the company known with producing the Ultraman series.

This the original 1993 Gridman and later got adapted in the US as Superhuman Samurai Syber Squad

JonSpark
post Nov 1 2018, 01:13 PM

Bryn

The transformation and fighting stances are a callback to the old Gridman series and also Ultraman.
Rei7
post Nov 8 2018, 03:00 AM

Multi-platformer

Surprisingly this is one of my favourites this season
goldfries
post Nov 8 2018, 10:08 AM

40K Club
Group Icon
Group: Forum Admin

QUOTE(Rei7 @ Nov 8 2018, 03:00 AM)
Surprisingly this is one of my favourites this season
Damn nice la wei, not because of T H I C C because that one's a bonus only.

To me the story nothing special also but the feels, I'm not a fan of Ultraman and didn't know about Gridman but watching it just feels great, seeing those childhood robot vs monster thing being animated. biggrin.gif

Not just that, the action scenes and soundtrack are superb.

Most importantly it's that MECHA feel, that GATTAI goosebumps, and those final moves. Cheesy but man, it makes you feel great again with all this simple yet memorable stuff. cool2.gif
Rei7
post Nov 8 2018, 12:03 PM

Multi-platformer

QUOTE(goldfries @ Nov 8 2018, 10:08 AM)

To me the story nothing special also but the feels, I'm not a fan of Ultraman and didn't know about Gridman but watching it just feels great, seeing those childhood robot vs monster thing being animated. biggrin.gif

Most importantly it's that MECHA feel, that GATTAI goosebumps, and those final moves. Cheesy but man, it makes you feel great again with all this simple yet memorable stuff.  cool2.gif
Has to do with waifu as well for me. It is most likely that it's somewhat following the Ultraman formula, but in an anime way of telling it. Glad I didn't skip this one. I only watch it because a lot of japanese artist are drawing the series a lot, while other series barely got as much artwork.

Very good yeah, plus the animation is also high budget. One those who watches Ultraman back when they are little gets the nostalgia feeling out of this show.
cycheah
post Nov 8 2018, 12:03 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(goldfries @ Nov 8 2018, 10:08 AM)

Most importantly it's that MECHA feel, that GATTAI goosebumps, and those final moves. Cheesy but man, it makes you feel great again with all this simple yet memorable stuff.  cool2.gif

yeah... second that...

btw, what is thicc?

goldfries
post Nov 8 2018, 10:24 PM

40K Club
Group Icon

QUOTE(cycheah @ Nov 8 2018, 12:03 PM)
btw, what is thicc?
That one referring to Rikka. tongue.gif

But no la, she's not T H I C C like what people say. biggrin.gif
goldfries
post Nov 8 2018, 10:26 PM

40K Club
Group Icon

QUOTE(Rei7 @ Nov 8 2018, 12:03 PM)
Has to do with waifu as well for me. It is most likely that it's somewhat following the Ultraman formula, but in an anime way of telling it. Glad I didn't skip this one. I only watch it because a lot of japanese artist are drawing the series a lot, while other series barely got as much artwork.

Very good yeah, plus the animation is also high budget. One those who watches Ultraman back when they are little gets the nostalgia feeling out of this show.
I got curious because so many people mentioned the girl(s).

When I watch I was totally floored by what it is, super robot action. All those gattai scenes and fights and all does make me feel like a kid watching those shows. biggrin.gif And after having gone through quite a drought when it comes to mecha series, this one breathes a whole fresh air to the scene.

Rei7
post Nov 9 2018, 02:50 AM

Multi-platformer

If you go Pixiv or any other fanart place, you can't miss this girl's artwork kinda everywhere. Every day there will always be a few hundred lol.

Still looking forward to this anime the most.
nazrul90
post Yesterday, 01:45 PM

Getting Started

Oh they break the monster-of-the-week format.

Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0765sec    3.65    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 16th November 2018 - 11:24 AM