Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

University What degree course should I take?, Wanna further my studies but....

views

TSTWBrain24
post Oct 17 2018, 09:33 AM, updated 6y ago

22 posts

Hey

So, I'm currently doing my internship for Diploma Digital Technology (Information Technology). It's my last semester and I'm thinking to further my studies instead of working immediately. Mainly because I don't think I'm ready with working lifestyle.

But right now I'm really confused what degree course should I take.

I found this "Bachelor of Information Technology (Games Technology) " course in UTEM website and kinda interested with it. I like gaming so why not make it as a job, right?
But some colleague says that Game development is harder than what I'm learning. I can do some simple coding using C++, java, html and vb.net but I'm not confident with my programming skills.

I even think of taking animation or maybe multimedia degree course. I was thinking to join next September as I will finish my internship next month and gonna apply with next year UPU. What should I do?

terrywong
post Oct 17 2018, 09:42 AM

46 posts

pursue your dream son, when you still have the capital.

TSTWBrain24
post Oct 17 2018, 12:54 PM

22 posts

QUOTE(terrywong @ Oct 17 2018, 09:42 AM)
pursue your dream son, when you still have the capital.
My dream is to be a game streamer which I doubt will never happen. sweat.gif I don't think my parents will allow it. But thanks for your opinion smile.gif
chengyue
post Oct 18 2018, 08:05 PM

Getting Started
109 posts

I believe that make ur passion as a hobby while taking a job which can earn u good money. U can be a part-time streamer or smtg and if it really earns u good money than ur full-time job then i dont see a reason to not become a full-time streamer afterwards.
TSTWBrain24
post Oct 19 2018, 12:16 PM

22 posts

QUOTE(Captain8 @ Oct 17 2018, 11:19 PM)
Find out what skills are required, then take the course with the relevant modules... end of 5 years = you have all the skills to be a game streamer.
You probably still need work experience but everyone starts some where.

Don't argue with your parents.
Just gradually expose them to the gaming world.
I hear that Malaysia is big in game development. Expose them to news like that.

In the end remember, out of millions of sperm, you have the winning DNA.
I'll try to check out other courses too. Thanks for the advice smile.gif

QUOTE(chengyue @ Oct 18 2018, 08:05 PM)
I believe that make ur passion as a hobby while taking a job which can earn u good money. U can be a part-time streamer or smtg and if it really earns u good money than ur full-time job then i dont see a reason to not become a full-time streamer afterwards.
That's a good idea. Thanks smile.gif

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0111sec    0.46    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:53 PM