Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Offer! China or Japan? NEED ADVICE!, company offer me new job

views

TSchanzian
post Oct 16 2018, 10:28 PM, updated 6y ago

22 posts

Need some advice on the future!!! biggrin.gif

Thanks in advance guys, lets get started.

Experience : 2 yrs 7 mths (diploma highest)
Salary : 4.9k
Industry : IT (software)

So there is two companies (branches) here in malaysia want to hire me.

One is from Japan and another is from China (both also fully owned sub)

Both also offer me 5.5k~6k

Pros of the China Company
- Get to travel to other SEA countries TO WORK!!! (phillipines, thai, hk, china)(frequent!!!)
- Per Diem ( <100usd if travel, vary by country)

Cons of China Company
- Cannot surf /k and bark with ktards and bye.gif friends and family
- More on support work(web app) (In IT i think is not so good in career development)

Pros of the Japan Company
- MAYBE in future will have chances to go JP work, but con lan firm not now.(TBD 99)
- FULL STACK(blockchain) ...... boom liver more = learn more
- Can work in M'sia (more nearner to friends and family)

Cons of Japan Company
- Consider a pros also i think, is FULL STACK aka one leg kick (for those who dk is actually one person make whole software slt)
- I scare i might get into comfort zone.....

For those lazy to read
Conclusion:

China company might give me a whole new opportunity to become expat in my life but sacrifice f&f, also not sure will find amoi aboard or not? because idk in the age of 24, imma want to settled down ady. start a family, normal life, become kulik. (In msia also no awek want me...i think its more harder to get one if i constantly travel)

Japan company might just another typical MNC in msia which offer me FULL STACK(good career advancement) ...that's all....

This post has been edited by sweet_pez: Oct 17 2018, 09:27 AM
ichigo_6091
post Oct 16 2018, 10:37 PM

Renewable energy pls
2,079 posts

It is just my opinion, my opinion, it is probably not important to you.
If it were up to me, I would take the China option in a heartbeat, it sounds like an opportunity to experience a steep learning curve which is good for you in the long run and plus you get to travel around SEA? 7 nice yo.
My opinion, starting a family should be your last priority, can wait until you late 20's, early 30's la, dont rush it, merrid already, happiness is not guaranteed also.
TSchanzian
post Oct 16 2018, 10:59 PM

22 posts

QUOTE(ichigo_6091 @ Oct 16 2018, 10:37 PM)
It is just my opinion, my opinion, it is probably not important to you.
If it were up to me, I would take the China option in a heartbeat, it sounds like an opportunity to experience a steep learning curve which is good for you in the long run and plus you get to travel around SEA? 7 nice yo.
My opinion, starting a family should be your last priority, can wait until you late 20's, early 30's la, dont rush it, merrid already, happiness is not guaranteed also.
@ichigo_6091@

Thanks ichigo, thanks for the advice bro,

So many ppl around me also suggest me to go for the china one.

The only thing that drags me back is

i feel so empty ....even now while i have f&f near me, seems like the work life and my passion on technology has throw me into a gaint black hole that sucks all my emotion. I work & work and come back home, read tech article, read AI books, and loop the next day.

that's why i tho maybe if i started a family, things will change, maybe the void in my heart can be filled. I love kids SO MUCH (not pedo but... almost bruce.gif sry FBI), i think kids and wife will change my life(idk but i just feel that way) and I wanted to take care someone and share something(my passion) with the mrs right.

Can you advice on some of these? did you started your own family? what do you think? i know ppl always say don rush it, but i scare if i continue venture into these, day by day the chances of me who will meet the one will be getting slimmer as i getting older.

Because that time i might be earning a quite good income which no true love anymore. (because ayam still young and poor now)
ichigo_6091
post Oct 17 2018, 12:01 AM

Renewable energy pls
2,079 posts

I give you some facts applicable for our time, so you can consider it carefully. My heart-to-heart advice.
Things nowadays move so fast in the industry as well as outside your work, individuals nowadays are less ethical and loyal compared to our parents time simply because they are pressured to strive for goals and ultimately financial freedom and also individuals nowadays got many choices if they grow to not like the one they have currently, it is completely different from our parents time.
Graduate unemployment date in MY is now at 10%+, topkek. Things are also inflating so much, its like 2013-2014 inflation has been on steroids and job opportunities are becoming harder to come by because of competition and the market in general.

If let's say a fresh grad with degree come in contact with an opportunity like yours, where you get the chance to travel, they won't think twice you know, straight rampas from u, because it's rare. Also, starting a family at this age is not "ideal", to put it nicely lah. These are the years you can grow alot because you have the energy, you should grow the best you can "individually" and reach a certain level, like let's say get few certs here and there, invest your money wisely in future technologies or good commodity, basically strengthen your position "individually" in this world first, which I expect you can by late 20's/early 30's. Family commitments and relationship is not something you should focus on, but if you meet someone and got "spark" naturally, then ok la, go with the flow only. However, priority must always be yourself first.

Reason I say, is because to be honest, maybe it's the social circle you perceive or what. Generally, I would say most couples are not really happy in this generation because of so many external stresses. sweat.gif . It's not like your parents time, when people are loyal to each other no matter what because need to "keep face". In this current age, I would advise you to believe that things are easily replaceable and people can move on easily/adapt easily now better than the previous years. I have personal experience and seen many cases happen, even though those people thought that their significant other was "the one".

rx4r
post Oct 18 2018, 10:54 AM

Getting Started
117 posts

QUOTE(ichigo_6091 @ Oct 17 2018, 12:01 AM)
I give you some facts applicable for our time, so you can consider it carefully. My heart-to-heart advice.
Things nowadays move so fast in the industry as well as outside your work, individuals nowadays are less ethical and loyal compared to our parents time simply because they are pressured to strive for goals and ultimately financial freedom and also individuals nowadays got many choices if they grow to not like the one they have currently, it is completely different from our parents time.
Graduate unemployment date in MY is now at 10%+, topkek. Things are also inflating so much, its like 2013-2014 inflation has been on steroids and job opportunities are becoming harder to come by because of competition and the market in general.

If let's say a fresh grad with degree come in contact with an opportunity like yours, where you get the chance to travel, they won't think twice you know, straight rampas from u, because it's rare. Also, starting a family at this age is not "ideal", to put it nicely lah. These are the years you can grow alot because you have the energy, you should grow the best you can "individually" and reach a certain level, like let's say get few certs here and there, invest your money wisely in future technologies or good commodity, basically strengthen your position "individually" in this world first, which I expect you can by late 20's/early 30's. Family commitments and relationship is not something you should focus on, but if you meet someone and got "spark" naturally, then ok la, go with the flow only. However, priority must always be yourself first.

Reason I say, is because to be honest, maybe it's the social circle you perceive or what. Generally, I would say most couples are not really happy in this generation because of so many external stresses. sweat.gif . It's not like your parents time, when people are loyal to each other no matter what because need to "keep face". In this current age, I would advise you to believe that things are easily replaceable and people can move on easily/adapt easily now better than the previous years. I have personal experience and seen many cases happen, even though those people thought that their significant other was "the one".
TS, like mentioned
i think you should go for the china one, honestly IT sector in china is booming with huge opportunity to grow.
If you look at the IT company there and the usage of smart technology, definitely in the next 3 to 5 years it will be massive.
I would say that at your age, you are still able to take the risk to work overseas as you dont have much commitments.

Speaking from experience, once you are tied down/have commitments, you will tend to hesitate when faced with these sort of offers (that are good for career but not so good for personal).
Why not take the chance now and go for it?

Also, who knows you might even meet your SO while at overseas? (ive heard a few friends that actually met their SO during oversea assignments, some are locals some are even malaysians that work there as well)

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0116sec    0.58    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:38 AM