Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Where is a good place to buy gaming monitors?

views

TSCurrent Events guy
post Oct 12 2018, 11:26 PM, updated 6y ago

Enthusiast
960 posts

I tried digital mall in PJ, selection was okay but I didn't find what I wanted. Klang valley only please.
Steve Lum
post Oct 13 2018, 02:41 AM

Ayyyyy
709 posts

I'd look it up online for the model that meet my preference, based on the screen size, resolution, refresh rate, design, branding etc, then look for the reviews, then search for the model in lelong.com or browse through digital mall website catalogue, to compare prices, then look at their physical store location and buy straight from the shop itself after contacting them. Cos most shops usually have them in their warehouse instead and require "bookings" since they takes up space 🤔🤔
ytkwong
post Oct 13 2018, 02:46 AM

Getting Started
85 posts

Best place to browse gaming monitors would be at PC fair...

Else, go to Lowyat and visit the few larger shops.
TSCurrent Events guy
post Oct 13 2018, 08:48 AM

Enthusiast
960 posts

QUOTE(Steve Lum @ Oct 13 2018, 02:41 AM)
I'd look it up online for the model that meet my preference, based on the screen size, resolution, refresh rate, design, branding etc, then look for the reviews, then search for the model in lelong.com or browse through digital mall website catalogue, to compare prices, then look at their physical store location and buy straight from the shop itself after contacting them. Cos most shops usually have them in their warehouse instead and require "bookings" since they takes up space 🤔🤔
Is there a way to check out any sellers on lelong that might have a physical store?

Do you have links to the usual digital mall website and/or physical stores you can recommend?
TSCurrent Events guy
post Oct 13 2018, 08:49 AM

Enthusiast
960 posts

QUOTE(ytkwong @ Oct 13 2018, 02:46 AM)
Best place to browse gaming monitors would be at PC fair...

Else, go to Lowyat and visit the few larger shops.
Are PC fair prices still competitive? I know they were once upon a time but I'm not so sure anymore. Anyways, I know the models that I want, so I'm just looking for a place that sells it at a decent price.
Sentinel92
post Oct 13 2018, 04:40 PM

20000% Chinaman Certified Discount Hunter.
3,573 posts

QUOTE(Current Events guy @ Oct 13 2018, 08:49 AM)
Are PC fair prices still competitive? I know they were once upon a time but I'm not so sure anymore. Anyways, I know the models that I want, so I'm just looking for a place that sells it at a decent price.
Go check out Lazada and Shopee if you already know what you want. Some models are priced under SRP. But if you insist on testing the monitors then Lowyat Mall is pretty much your only destination.

If you don't mind buying a nice clean used unit, go check the garage sale section, and some still do have still a lengthy warranty period left.
Steve Lum
post Oct 13 2018, 10:28 PM

Ayyyyy
709 posts

QUOTE(Current Events guy @ Oct 13 2018, 08:48 AM)
Is there a way to check out any sellers on lelong that might have a physical store?

Do you have links to the usual digital mall website and/or physical stores you can recommend?
Usually just click on the seller and if they state their address at the top of the website, then it's their physical store. Like these https://www.lelong.com.my/store/easyit2u and https://www.lelong.com.my/store/lingloong . But yeah, compare prices and availability first, so you get the best for your buck and convenience. I bought my gaming monitor from easyit2u since it's one of the the nearest to me and one of the few who carries the model that i wanted.
ytkwong
post Oct 18 2018, 04:14 AM

Getting Started
85 posts

QUOTE(Current Events guy @ Oct 13 2018, 08:49 AM)
sorry if lambat reply.

You'll be surprised about the last minute deals u can get at PC fair. Most sellers dont want to bring the inventory back and are up for negotiations.

I bought a X34 monitor 2 years back, and my brother actually got a deal for RM700 less at the PC fair after like 2-3 months.

Anyways if you know what you want, find around on LYN, just check their warranty and exchange policy, my x34 had some dead pixels and bleeding issues which i dealt with Acer personally to get it exchanged.

Do note that most PC Shops dont stock up on premium monitors and would require a deposit to order it.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0169sec    0.53    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:34 PM