Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

engine oil, for my kapcai 150

views

apamise
post Oct 13 2018, 10:17 PM

Getting Started
295 posts

QUOTE(haturaya @ Oct 13 2018, 09:55 PM)
Read the manual. It clearly says 10W-30.  10W-30, 10W-40, etc got nothing to do with cooling. Internal combustion engine and lubrication 101.  whistling.gif
The 30 in 10w-30 literally means 30 degree celcius. Malaysian atmospheric temperature can exceed 30c, so I personally prefer 40 instead of 30.
buraqdunia
post Oct 13 2018, 10:22 PM

On my way
601 posts

QUOTE(haturaya @ Oct 13 2018, 09:55 PM)
Read the manual. It clearly says 10W-30.  10W-30, 10W-40, etc got nothing to do with cooling. Internal combustion engine and lubrication 101.  whistling.gif
it is to do with cooling, as per my understand. I mean 40 is so "ringan", so its make engine work harder. On long distance ( more than 2h riding 80% full throttle ) i can hear sound "tak2 x99" or "tik2 x99". so i put 50, no more sound. well in my SOHC kapcai.
SUSskyblu3
post Oct 13 2018, 11:09 PM

Getting Started
157 posts

QUOTE(g4gary123 @ Oct 13 2018, 08:14 PM)
also can use at motor,but not good for overall,because motorcycle oil need multi support to the clucth and even gear box... laugh.gif
If got effect on clutch... Why still say can use?

This kind of money not worth saving .

SUSskyblu3
post Oct 13 2018, 11:37 PM

Getting Started
157 posts

QUOTE(apamise @ Oct 13 2018, 10:17 PM)
The 30 in 10w-30 literally means 30 degree celcius. Malaysian atmospheric temperature can exceed 30c, so I personally prefer 40 instead of 30.
Sorry but the 30 doesn't represent the temperature.
It is the measurement of viscosity of the oil at 100 degree Celsius. In layman's it simply means the thickness. Or rather thinning at 100 Deg.
The higher number , for example 30 Vs 40.... Means at 100 degree Celsius, 30 is thinner than 40. Or rather 40 is thicker than 30.

We don't really need to look at the 10w, Because that is the "thickness" at zero degree Celsius, W stands for winter.

apamise
post Oct 14 2018, 12:04 AM

Getting Started
295 posts

QUOTE(skyblu3 @ Oct 13 2018, 11:37 PM)
Sorry but the 30 doesn't represent the temperature.
It is the measurement of viscosity  of the oil at 100 degree Celsius.  In layman's it simply means the thickness.  Or rather thinning at 100 Deg.
The higher number , for example 30 Vs 40.... Means at 100 degree Celsius, 30 is thinner than 40.  Or rather 40 is thicker than 30.

We don't really need to look at the 10w, Because that is the "thickness" at zero degree Celsius, W stands for winter.
Ok my bad. Maybe not literally, but that 2nd number is a good indicator whether the oil is suitable for our country or not. I personally wouldn't go below 40 in our hot weather. Yes 30 is thinner and easier on the engine, but if it gets too thin, it won't protect the engine anymore.
TSg4gary123
post Oct 14 2018, 01:21 AM

Getting Started
168 posts

as engine company will recommend their to you depends on personal needs

10w-30 - light and speedy(but suit for short distance ride within 1 hour)
10w-40 - city ride most recommend in asia country (light but can handle traffic jammed)
10w-50 - long distance on road ( more than a hours ride usually)

as i take 10w-50 fully synthetic oil because i will have one or two times long distance activity...we can read the viscocity index on 100 celsius on our oil...the higher index they handle it better on the hot engine.
TSg4gary123
post Oct 14 2018, 01:25 AM

Getting Started
168 posts

QUOTE(skyblu3 @ Oct 13 2018, 11:09 PM)
If got effect on clutch... Why still say can use?

This kind of money not worth saving .
hehe...as in depends oils choose is depends on user...so i not the motorcycle engineer so i will search what is from user review and from the net to give me a answer,but will try new oil next round if wanna compare how is it... mega_shok.gif mega_shok.gif mega_shok.gif
basilisk
post Oct 14 2018, 02:07 AM

30 posts

QUOTE(skyblu3 @ Oct 13 2018, 09:19 AM)
There's a picture of a truck there.
Isn't this is for lorries?
yes for diesel engine.

actually i just discovered this ' using hdeo' on petrol cars and bikes with wet clutch, like several months ago.

so i do search online, n discovered many ppl around the world hv been doing this for along time already.

so i lurk in the hdeo fb group to check out wht the guys been using.

i was in xj6 group, some one jz bought a used xj6 and he was asking, the bike he bought, the engine was damn smooth feeling, then he change to 'forgot wht' fully synth bike oil, and damn, the feeling is jz not the same..
so the guys there said must be hdeo la.. haha..

the main reason they use cos its damn buttery smooth(semut they call it), engine feel, gear changing...

and hdeo has more detergent in it. so they like the clean engine internal look.

and they can buy in tongs, so saves alot, use in cars bikes, all same oil.

even approved by kaki lenjan, claimed to hv lenjan for years using r4x without any adverse effect.

some fanatics even try out all sorts of different brand of hdeo.

these oils comes in mineral, semi synth, and fully synth as well.

one jz really need to try it to feel whether it does feel different.
the clean engine internals is a sure thing.

regarding clutch slipping, for normal usage i dont think a rider can feel any at all.

This post has been edited by basilisk: Oct 14 2018, 02:37 AM

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
SUSskyblu3
post Oct 14 2018, 08:14 AM

Getting Started
157 posts

QUOTE(apamise @ Oct 14 2018, 12:04 AM)
Ok my bad. Maybe not literally, but that 2nd number is a good indicator whether the oil is suitable for our country or not. I personally wouldn't go below 40 in our hot weather. Yes 30 is thinner and easier on the engine, but if it gets too thin, it won't protect the engine anymore.
Yes. Correct.

I used to follow what the manufacture recommend.... Which is 40.

Bring in KL traffic, especially traffic jam where the engine temperature is hot, I find using 40 the engine is rough when it gets really hot.

Now I'm on 50. Much better.

Unless you use the bike as a hobby weekend bike then should be ok to follow. But mine is daily bike go to office.
BlackBananaV6
post Oct 14 2018, 01:17 PM

Getting Started
132 posts

Attached Image

This is the recommended engine oil for Honda scooter, meets Jaso MB standard with 10w-30 viscosity.

It is made by Petronas for Honda. At this age of new government, I would support this product solely because of that. I think we should play our part whenever we can to assist the new government to turn around this country for the better. More profit for Petronas, more money for the new government to achieve their goals. Please don't flame me 😁

But if that is not convincing enough, read up on the product descriptions -

- developed by Honda R&D under supposed SEVERE durable condition
- bring out engine performance IN ANY RUNNING SITUATION
- has additives to smoother engine performance

Price varies between shops RM17 - RM25 per bottle. Cheap and good enough I think.
waveweaver
post Oct 14 2018, 08:16 PM

★★Android & Apple★★
All Stars
13,146 posts

QUOTE(BlackBananaV6 @ Oct 14 2018, 01:17 PM)
Attached Image

This is the recommended engine oil for Honda scooter, meets Jaso MB standard with 10w-30 viscosity.

It is made by Petronas for Honda. At this age of new government, I would support this product solely because of that. I think we should play our part whenever we can to assist the new government to turn around this country for the better. More profit for Petronas, more money for the new government to achieve their goals. Please don't flame me 😁

Price varies between shops RM17 - RM25 per bottle. Cheap and good enough I think.
Where can get one? Petronas pump station got stock?
haturaya
post Oct 14 2018, 09:43 PM

Look at all my stars!!
Group Icon
Elite
2,469 posts

QUOTE(BlackBananaV6 @ Oct 14 2018, 01:17 PM)
Attached Image

I've been using this oil since day one owning my PCX 2015. Had gone through 4 oil change (1,000km, 5,000km, 10,000km, 15,000km). The scoot run as good as new. thumbup.gif

Simple, who else better in developing an oil blend other than the engine manufacturer themselves? whistling.gif

QUOTE(waveweaver @ Oct 14 2018, 08:16 PM)
Where can get one? Petronas pump station got stock?
Most Honda bike shop have it. Cheap. RM17-RM25 per bottle (0.8L). Exact quantity for and oil change (PCX engine).
TSg4gary123
post Oct 15 2018, 01:45 AM

Getting Started
168 posts

QUOTE(basilisk @ Oct 14 2018, 02:07 AM)
yes for diesel engine.

actually i just discovered this ' using hdeo' on petrol cars and bikes with wet clutch, like several months ago.

so i do search online, n discovered many ppl around the world hv been doing this for along time already.

so i lurk in the hdeo fb group to check out wht the guys been using.

i was in xj6 group, some one jz bought a used xj6 and he was asking, the bike he bought, the engine was damn smooth feeling, then he change to 'forgot wht' fully synth bike oil, and damn, the feeling is jz not the same..
so the guys there said must be hdeo la.. haha..

the main reason they use cos its damn buttery smooth(semut they call it), engine feel, gear changing...

and hdeo has more detergent in it. so they like the clean engine internal look.

and they can buy in tongs, so saves alot, use in cars bikes, all same oil.

even approved by kaki lenjan, claimed to hv lenjan for years using r4x without any adverse effect.

some fanatics even try out all sorts of different brand of hdeo.

these oils comes in mineral, semi synth, and fully synth as well.

one jz really need to try it to feel whether it does feel different.
the clean engine internals is a sure thing.

regarding clutch slipping, for normal usage i dont think a rider can feel any at all.
rclxub.gif rclxub.gif wow...win liao....really superb and new to me...wow wink.gif
basilisk
post Oct 15 2018, 03:13 AM

30 posts

QUOTE(g4gary123 @ Oct 15 2018, 01:45 AM)
rclxub.gif  rclxub.gif wow...win liao....really superb and new to me...wow wink.gif
yes new to us..

if u go to ,

BITOG (bob is the oil guy website/forums)
http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/
http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=cfrm

youll be surprised.. biggrin.gif

leon898
post Oct 15 2018, 08:39 AM

Enthusiast
733 posts

QUOTE(buraqdunia @ Oct 13 2018, 10:22 PM)
it is to do with cooling, as per my understand. I mean 40 is so "ringan",  so its make engine work harder. On long distance ( more than 2h riding 80% full throttle ) i can hear sound "tak2 x99" or "tik2 x99". so i put 50, no more sound. well in my SOHC kapcai.
QUOTE(apamise @ Oct 13 2018, 10:17 PM)
QUOTE(g4gary123 @ Oct 14 2018, 01:21 AM)
as engine company will recommend their to you depends on personal needs

10w-30 - light and speedy(but suit for short distance ride within 1 hour)
10w-40 - city ride most recommend in asia country (light but can handle traffic jammed)
10w-50 - long distance on road ( more than a hours ride usually)

as i take 10w-50 fully synthetic oil because i will have one or two times long distance activity...we can read the viscocity index on 100 celsius on our oil...the higher index they handle it better on the hot engine.
what the fuq did I just read today
myred
post Oct 15 2018, 08:39 AM

9 posts

go to any Honda motorcycle dealer shop and buy it.
petrol stations will only sell their own brand.
buraqdunia
post Oct 15 2018, 08:44 AM

On my way
601 posts

QUOTE(leon898 @ Oct 15 2018, 08:39 AM)
what the fuq did I just read today
so? if u don't see it, it not mean it not there. now apply that to yr reading. actually, what do mean by " ..... fuq did I just read today"?
leon898
post Oct 15 2018, 08:47 AM

Enthusiast
733 posts

QUOTE(buraqdunia @ Oct 15 2018, 08:44 AM)
so? if u don't see it, it not mean it not there. now apply that to yr reading. actually, what do mean by " ..... fuq did I just read today"?
ringan....temperature....10w-30 only for short distance.

u really need to read more before giving advice to other people
BlackBananaV6
post Oct 15 2018, 08:51 AM

Getting Started
132 posts

QUOTE(myred @ Oct 15 2018, 08:39 AM)
go to any Honda motorcycle dealer shop and buy it.
petrol stations will only sell their own brand.
Sometime Honda motorcycle dealership's staff will push you to the more expensive oils for reason they are better. Be careful, you may be spending more than you need to.
buraqdunia
post Oct 15 2018, 08:51 AM

On my way
601 posts

QUOTE(leon898 @ Oct 15 2018, 08:47 AM)
ringan....temperature....10w-30 only for short distance.

u really need to read more before giving advice to other people
there a thing u cannot just read, u need experience 1st hand. So what was wrong or right in my opinion it my experience and it came at a price. and btw, by "ringan" i said b4, it a smooth and responsive engine , it nothing to do with weight.

5 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0231sec    0.32    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:13 AM