Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Pros & Cons of Confinement Lady

views

TSRedShirt
post Oct 11 2018, 08:29 PM, updated 6y ago

On my way
515 posts

I am not too keen on the idea of a stranger living in with us.
Would like to know the other pros and cons of having a confinement lady (especially from those who had hired CL before)?
I had two relatives who couldn't stand their CL (different CLs) and kick them out of the house within a week or 2, and resorted to going for a centre instead.

Or confinement centres are the in-thing and better option these days?
vasculio82
post Oct 11 2018, 08:31 PM

Getting Started
151 posts

Confinement centre better
SUSslimey
post Oct 11 2018, 11:18 PM

6,914 posts

no need for confinement

lowlowc
post Oct 12 2018, 10:14 AM

Enthusiast
918 posts

The pros and cons actually depends on whether you luckily finds a good one. Out of 10 people I asked, 9 of them have problem with the CL. And the only one friend who recommends hers, her CL wants to charge me an expensive price with certain terms which I do not want.

Confinement center is good in a sense that the price is inclusive of all meals already, but again, only if you found a good one.

TSRedShirt
post Oct 12 2018, 11:44 AM

On my way
515 posts

QUOTE(lowlowc @ Oct 12 2018, 10:14 AM)
The pros and cons actually depends on whether you luckily finds a good one. Out of 10 people I asked, 9 of them have problem with the CL. And the only one friend who recommends hers, her CL wants to charge me an expensive price with certain terms which I do not want.

Confinement center is good in a sense that the price is inclusive of all meals already, but again, only if you found a good one.
Yes, that's the feedback and impression I have with confinement ladies. Kinda makes me think if they are trying to piss you off so that you get fed up with them and terminate (where she already received her deposit which is a sizeable chunk and some have the cheeks to ask for angpow).

I am not saying all is bad but at least most if not all that I hear are bad.

If those are voicing for confinement centre, what are the requirements or things that you want to see/know they provide before deciding?
Assuming we are talking about those that are around the same price range, what will make you choose this instead of the other?

This post has been edited by RedShirt: Oct 12 2018, 11:46 AM
lowlowc
post Oct 12 2018, 12:40 PM

Enthusiast
918 posts

QUOTE(RedShirt @ Oct 12 2018, 11:44 AM)
Yes, that's the feedback and impression I have with confinement ladies. Kinda makes me think if they are trying to piss you off so that you get fed up with them and terminate (where she already received her deposit which is a sizeable chunk and some have the cheeks to ask for angpow).

I am not saying all is bad but at least most if not all that I hear are bad.
If those are voicing for confinement centre, what are the requirements or things that you want to see/know they provide before deciding?
Assuming we are talking about those that are around the same price range, what will make you choose this instead of the other?
I am not considering confinement center because 1) they're out of my budget 2) I prefer my own home and bed 3)I am concerned about babies being flocked together in one place

But if I am to choose a confinement center, I would pay visit to confinement center near my house or hubby's workplace (so he can stop by easily). Ask if your wifey can take a look at the rooms and facilities (better wifey do that cause she won't bother other mummies as much as a man walking around, also she's the one staying). Observe how many babies in the center. Are there too many? Are there enough staff? Look at how they handle the babies. Have a look at the menu option. Ask if they are breastfeed friendly and has any breastfeed expert? Notice any mosquitoes breeding spot? Do they prepare hand sanitiser?

Read the terms and condition. Do they allow half way termination, refund etc and on what circumstances?

Maybe the above is a lot, because I am a very meticulous person.. My friends joke that I would never get a helper for confinement because I like things perfectly the way I want it. doh.gif

fireballs
post Oct 12 2018, 12:44 PM

5,627 posts

too many horror stories with CL.
confinement center better
fat_fai
post Oct 15 2018, 01:00 AM

48 posts

had a very good experience at confinement centre...LYC mother and child care in Taman Tun Dr Ismail...
BettieMackowiak
post Oct 15 2018, 05:49 PM

2 posts

CL can be good also and less expensive....if you have a good recommendation.
se800i
post Nov 7 2018, 04:06 PM

Regular
1,893 posts

confinement centre good

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0123sec    0.28    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:41 PM