Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Where to buy acoustic panel and bass trap material, Looking at Owens Corning or Rockwool (Home Theatre)

juntera
post Oct 11 2018, 04:35 PM, updated 6d ago

Group: Junior Member

Heya guys im gonna need a lot of materials to DIY build them myself for a small to medium sized room (unsure measurements yet, gonna move in soon). I'm looking at like minimum 8 inch acoustic panels 14 inch by 8 inch rectangles, at least 6 of these (first reflection points at the sides, and a cloud absorption panel at the ceiling, 2 each). No doubt the acoustic material will be the most expensive so I wana get this out of the way first. I'll probably just wrap them up in breathable fabric and do the wooden plywood frames myself.

To be clear; I just wana know where I can get acoustic materials like Owens Corning or Rockwool (or any other suitable materials for that matter) at wholesale prices since I'm probably gonna need quite a lot to make them into 8 inches (to absorb the low frequencies 100Hz and below).
weng98
post Oct 11 2018, 04:46 PM

Casual

Rockwool 0193513219 joyce
ClieOS
post Oct 11 2018, 08:31 PM

In-Ear Addict
Group: Senior Member

Try Lazada
dayojah
post Oct 11 2018, 10:39 PM

Group: Newbie

You don't want rockwool in a breathable fabric in your room. It makes incredibly irritating dust. My parents house has it as roof insulation and I have to wear a mask and gloves to go near it.
You can seal it in plastic and still get the absorption.
juntera
post Oct 12 2018, 06:39 AM

QUOTE(dayojah @ Oct 11 2018, 10:39 PM)
You don't want rockwool in a breathable fabric in your room. It makes incredibly irritating dust. My parents house has it as roof insulation and I have to wear a mask and gloves to go near it.
You can seal it in plastic and still get the absorption.
havent heard of using plastic before, you got a source on that?
dayojah
post Oct 12 2018, 08:13 AM

Group: Newbie

Bass will go straight through a thin plastic sheet, like a plastic bag.

Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0541sec    2.13    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 17th October 2018 - 07:25 AM