Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Cancel unifi package procedures

views

JuneResources
post Jan 9 2020, 05:12 PM

ONE Stop Resources
4,128 posts

QUOTE(mankhu @ Jan 9 2020, 04:20 PM)
Hi, thanks for the reply. Yes, we went to their office already. They told us only the owner can terminate the account. Unfortunately, we're not the owner. The wifi modem was already in the apartment when we move in and the landlord doesn't know who the owner is. The tenants before us used this wifi account also. But they too don't know the account owner.

I don't know the legal process. Can they sue only the account owner? Or can they sue us also? I think we have credit limit of 700 rm. Thanks in advance.
Just make it simple. Since the owner is out of this country (Malaysia), then ignore about this wifi modem. Just let it go since you don't have authorize to terminate the account.
Even they wanna to sue the account owner, the owner is not available in Malaysia.

Subscribe your own internet using your own account name..
Rudd
post Jan 9 2020, 06:28 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,014 posts

Canceling unifi when relocate and no port is straightforward.
My experience last time.
SUSAgsx
post Jan 10 2020, 10:48 AM

Getting Started
224 posts

So I goto live chat on web and tell them I want terminate after 31th days?

and will I get notice or anything state that I will be terminated?

My plan no router only sim card, so can I just pay all the due amount and live chat again after 31days and get it terminated?

will I get paper or anything to proof that I had terminated my Unifi air?
tydell
post Mar 1 2020, 03:18 PM

Getting Started
95 posts

Before you cancel your unifi account please cancel your auto debit first. In fact cancel your auto debit on anything. Just make a reminder on your phone to pay the bills.

I cancelled my account and they autodebited the early termination fee directly.

If you terminate your account before you cancel the autodebit, they will disable the option to cancel autodebit in the online portal.

Even if you have valid reason like moving out of the country or you're moving out to an area with no service they will still charge you first.

So cancel autodebit now!
Tongkat Ali
post Mar 3 2020, 05:45 PM

Getting Started
52 posts

Just go to their selected tm point and bring modem. No need to wait 30 days. Can terminate on the spot but need to ask first which tm point can do the termination without waiting 30days.

This post has been edited by Tongkat Ali: Mar 3 2020, 10:32 PM
andrewleewaikeong
post Mar 30 2020, 04:48 PM

Enthusiast
843 posts

Sad thing . Cant replace BTU now due to MCO

This post has been edited by andrewleewaikeong: Mar 30 2020, 06:38 PM
google 54 P
post Apr 21 2022, 11:04 PM

Probation
1 posts

hello
i am an international student who studies here and also uses unifi as my wifi, I used it for about a year and and a half before going back to my country, I did cancel or terminate the contract nor return the equipment, mt friends who stayed with me in the aoat]rtme t used it for a couple more month and paid the bill, they then moved out the owner cleaned the house and threw everything that was ;left there including the equipment, now I'm getting emails for unifi legal team telling to settle the outstanding amount of rm 1800+ or else they ill sue form what i know early termination is about 500 rm and the equipment is about the same figure but what i can't figure out is where dod theb800 rm come from by the ways their legal team is HORIZONS XTREME SDN BHD don't know much about them except that they are debt collectors
any one else faced this kind of problem wth unifi if you did please reply because i don't know what to do
sHawTY
post Apr 21 2022, 11:38 PM

Frequent Reporter
All Stars
14,629 posts

QUOTE(google 54 @ Apr 21 2022, 11:04 PM)
form what i know early termination is about 500 rm and the equipment is about the same figure but what i can't figure out is where dod theb800
The penalty for early termination is not RM500, it's the balance of monthly charges

Let's say you have 12 months left out of your 24 months contract and your monthly charges is RM129
RM129 x 12 = RM1548

RM1548 is the full termination charges

5 Pages « < 3 4 5Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0139sec    0.38    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:45 PM