Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Cancel unifi package procedures

views

Cyclipse
post Jul 5 2019, 09:53 AM

Getting Started
92 posts

QUOTE(mfa682 @ Jul 4 2019, 03:58 PM)
Thanks for sharing your experience. That sucks, how can MCMC close the case while TM lower the price under the condition to counter offer, comparing to what you complaint its like two different situations. Their justification to close the case doesn't make sense imo. Hopefully the government will do something about it.
I cant blame MCMC tho as I do have the option to request for follow ups by replying them in 10 days, as I had already decided to terminate the line, I did not do so. notworthy.gif

But I would urge everyone who encounter such issue to file report to MCMC tho to raise more awareness to government and hopefully this kind of unfair practice can be eliminated. biggrin.gif
mfa682
post Jul 5 2019, 10:00 AM

Regular
1,744 posts

QUOTE(Cyclipse @ Jul 5 2019, 09:53 AM)
I cant blame MCMC tho as I do have the option to request for follow ups by replying them in 10 days, as I had already decided to terminate the line, I did not do so.  notworthy.gif

But I would urge everyone who encounter such issue to file report to MCMC tho to raise more awareness to government and hopefully this kind of unfair practice can be eliminated.  biggrin.gif
I see. My bad, my comprehension skill must have failed me. Thanks for the clarification 😁️
Cyclipse
post Jul 16 2019, 01:55 PM

Getting Started
92 posts

QUOTE(mfa682 @ Jul 5 2019, 10:00 AM)
I see. My bad, my comprehension skill must have failed me. Thanks for the clarification 😁️
No worry, just trying to share what I encountered and steps to solve it.
And the way they handled things do really pissed me off doh.gif
mfa682
post Jul 18 2019, 01:25 PM

Regular
1,744 posts

QUOTE(Cyclipse @ Jul 16 2019, 01:55 PM)
No worry, just trying to share what I encountered and steps to solve it.
And the way they handled things do really pissed me off  doh.gif
Indeed, I would feel exactly the same if I were in your shoes. rclxub.gif sweat.gif ranting.gif
nasrizamsubari P
post Aug 16 2019, 12:31 PM

Probation
1 posts

Hi, during my unifi termination, frontdesk people tell me that I need to pay the remaining month as I terminate Unifi before complete 24 months contract. however, from document that received ie Service Acceptance Form clearly mention that I need to pay only RM500 if I terminate before 24months. currently I trying to explain to TM but seems they not buying and ask me to pay the remaining months.
Anyone experience similar case? for me, it seems not fair to customer to aceept new term and conditions which different from what we received during 1st day of subscription.
haVocasta
post Aug 26 2019, 09:50 AM

Getting Started
268 posts

QUOTE(eddychstu @ Jun 18 2019, 03:38 PM)
My latest experience with Unifi termination, 1st I read about the 30 days early notice (what a pain in the ass process) but to reduce the hassle I decided to visit the Muzium Telekom @Jalan Raja Chulan which is quite near to my office to seek for a direct answer.

To my surprise, they actually allowed walk in anytime to terminate the account, provided:
1. Your unifi contract has ended
2. You must return the modem on the spot (didn't even bother to check the condition of it)
3. Pay the outstanding bill, which for my case, I actually got a refund due to extra upfront payment.
4. Viola! account terminated!
5. Tried logging into my personal unifi account after and it's confirm inaccessible (terminated)

Hope this help wink.gif
hi bos how do u get the refund?
JuneResources
post Aug 26 2019, 11:21 AM

ONE Stop Resources
4,128 posts

QUOTE(haVocasta @ Aug 26 2019, 09:50 AM)
They will issued cheque send to your bill address..
zerohunter
post Aug 27 2019, 11:26 AM

M
6,990 posts

Hi, anyone here have experience on termination on behalf? Need to bring letter or ic copy?
eddychstu
post Aug 27 2019, 01:54 PM

Why so serious?
2,347 posts

QUOTE(haVocasta @ Aug 26 2019, 09:50 AM)
They send a chq via poslaju thumbup.gif
SUSCandy12
post Aug 27 2019, 09:51 PM

Regular
1,878 posts

QUOTE(nasrizamsubari @ Aug 16 2019, 12:31 PM)
Hi, during my unifi termination, frontdesk people tell me that I need to pay the remaining month as I terminate Unifi before complete 24 months contract. however, from document that received ie Service Acceptance Form clearly mention that I need to pay only RM500 if I terminate before 24months. currently I trying to explain to TM but seems they not buying and ask me to pay the remaining months.
Anyone experience similar case? for me, it seems not fair to customer to aceept new term and conditions which different from what we received during 1st day of subscription.
Do you have the old T&C copy which you've signed when you subscribed to the service?

I do agree with you that it's very unfair and consider this an act of cheat. They silently went and changed this early termination penalty rule with their upgrade plans which forces their subscribers to sign up for the plans manually to get their speed upgraded without being informed clearly/openly about the change of penalty charges.

ckseng
post Aug 28 2019, 04:56 PM

Casual
328 posts

Wan to ask when you guys terminated your unifi, when they counter offer?
alpha91
post Sep 17 2019, 05:12 PM

Casual
471 posts

QUOTE(nasrizamsubari @ Aug 16 2019, 12:31 PM)
Hi, have you received you termination bill? are they really charge on the remaining month? I just went for termination and they told me the same thing.

Anyone terminate TM before contract end recently can share how much is the penalty?

This post has been edited by alpha91: Sep 17 2019, 05:14 PM
xSean
post Sep 23 2019, 02:38 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,739 posts

take note when termination....

unifi has terminated my account on 20th sept after serve 30 days notice. I did not receive any sms/email regarding termination has been completed and return the btu.

I need to call myself to verify the termination.
SUSCandy12
post Sep 23 2019, 05:31 PM

Regular
1,878 posts

QUOTE(alpha91 @ Sep 17 2019, 05:12 PM)
Hi, have you received you termination bill? are they really charge on the remaining month? I just went for termination and they told me the same thing.

Anyone terminate TM before contract end recently can share how much is the penalty?
If you just recently updated your plan this year or renew your installation hardware such as router, very likely they've silently signed you up in their "pay ALL remaining months of your contract" new policy.

Expect to pay thousands just to terminate your plan early for just a cheap damn garbage router!
dav3
post Dec 7 2019, 03:09 PM

Getting Started
230 posts

weird, i just ask again about the early contract termination. The agent told me no penalty impose if i return the BTU. Which 1 is correct now?
soonwai
post Dec 7 2019, 05:12 PM

9,989 posts

QUOTE(dav3 @ Dec 7 2019, 03:09 PM)
weird, i just ask again about the early contract termination. The agent told me no penalty impose if i return the BTU. Which 1 is correct now?
If you have not renewed your contract recently, follow the termination clause in the service acceptance form that you signed during your installation.

The agent is wrong though we wouldn't mind if he's correct. There is always a penalty for early contract termination

This post has been edited by soonwai: Dec 7 2019, 05:13 PM
alesi616
post Dec 24 2019, 10:51 AM

Enthusiast
796 posts

hi, the 30 days termination notice and 31-35 days go-to-tm-point to return modem, is it calendar days or working days ?

I wanted to terminate the Unifi these few days, but calculated the 31-35 days is around CNY holiday (end of January) so there will not be office hour.
mankhu P
post Jan 9 2020, 02:23 PM

Probation
3 posts

Hi, would like to know what will happen if I just unplug the unifi modem and stop using it without telling them or whatnot? Will they sue us or charge any penalty fees?
The person that opened the account is no longer in this country and the contract has ended long time ago (maybe two or three years ago). We didn't upgrade the modem or the package, we're simply using it and paying the bill monthly. We want to terminate the account but they told us only the account owner can terminate it. But we don't have any contact with the owner. Any advice or help? Thanks a lot.
SUSCandy12
post Jan 9 2020, 03:40 PM

Regular
1,878 posts

QUOTE(mankhu @ Jan 9 2020, 02:23 PM)
Hi, would like to know what will happen if I just unplug the unifi modem and stop using it without telling them or whatnot? Will they sue us or charge any penalty fees?
The person that opened the account is no longer in this country and the contract has ended long time ago (maybe two or three years ago). We didn't upgrade the modem or the package, we're simply using it and paying the bill monthly. We want to terminate the account but they told us only the account owner can terminate it. But we don't have any contact with the owner. Any advice or help? Thanks a lot.
This is not an electricity utility company where you'll be charged on demand when usage is detected.

Your fixed internet line billing still continues to be incurred every month unless you personally terminate your line in person at the telco's shop/centre.
The recurring charges will go on until your credit limit is maxed out and legal letters will start coming in from your internet company demanding settlement.

If you do not settle the outstanding amount, your name as per IC/passport will be blacklisted by the internet company in future. Not sure that this blacklist is shared among other telco companies operating in this country. For safety you better terminate your line at the nearest internet company's office.
mankhu P
post Jan 9 2020, 04:20 PM

Probation
3 posts

QUOTE(Candy12 @ Jan 9 2020, 03:40 PM)
This is not an electricity utility company where you'll be charged on demand when usage is detected.

Your fixed internet line billing still continues to be incurred every month unless you personally terminate your line in person at the telco's shop/centre.
The recurring charges will go on until your credit limit is maxed out and legal letters will start coming in from your internet company demanding settlement.

If you do not settle the outstanding amount, your name as per IC/passport will be blacklisted by the internet company in future. Not sure that this blacklist is shared among other telco companies operating in this country. For safety you better terminate your line at the nearest internet company's office.
Hi, thanks for the reply. Yes, we went to their office already. They told us only the owner can terminate the account. Unfortunately, we're not the owner. The wifi modem was already in the apartment when we move in and the landlord doesn't know who the owner is. The tenants before us used this wifi account also. But they too don't know the account owner.

I don't know the legal process. Can they sue only the account owner? Or can they sue us also? I think we have credit limit of 700 rm. Thanks in advance.

5 Pages « < 2 3 4 5 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0338sec    0.09    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:31 AM