Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Pros and Cons unit near M&E room and Lift, Unit next to lift, and the M&E Switch

ww_lky
post Oct 7 2018, 09:12 PM, updated 3w ago

Group: Junior Member

Hi Sifus,

Does any one have any experience with units next to lifts and also right outside the unit is a M&E switch?

Any cons in terms of property value preception, and any health affects in the long run?

Thanks.

cedyy
post Oct 7 2018, 09:45 PM

Regular
Group: Senior Member

First concern is whether Can hear the lifts traveling up and down. Ever stayed in a hotel room next to lift and we could actually hear the lifts moving up and down. Requested to change room
Quang1819
post Oct 7 2018, 11:37 PM

Look at all my stars!!
Group: Senior Member

Not a pro on electromagnetic stuff. But it depends how near is the unit to the switch and also how many units of transformer are there. But seemingly there isn't solid proof on electromagnetic fields (especially low rating) that is unwholesome to human's health. As there are many studies stating that electromagnetic field produced by HTC is harmful to health, but you can see many forummers here claimed that their relatives, cousins, in-laws all staying in a condo really nearby HTC for 10, 20, 30 years, yet none has cancer nor being ill. Believe in scientific studies or real-life scenarios, its up you.

Probably you should worry about the noise they'll produce by the lift and also people walking pass the unit back and forth.
JasonLeeX
post Oct 8 2018, 01:27 AM

Casual
Group: Junior Member

QUOTE(ww_lky @ Oct 7 2018, 09:12 PM)
Hi Sifus,

Does any one have any experience with units next to lifts and also right outside the unit is a M&E switch?

Any cons in terms of property value preception, and any health affects in the long run?

Thanks.
Value appreciation no comments. Health effects, I would say there is no health hazard just because you stay near a lift or M&E room.

However, the practical problem is as follows :

1) It is off putting cause if you are so near to the lift, everyone else from your floor would definitely walk past your unit going in and out. I don't think there is a sound proof door that could actually totally shut off walking sound a few feet from you (bear in mind people wear shoes in corridor not like in your house where you can't hear foot sound even up close).
2) If there are kids or teenagers or somehow unlucky enough to get loud mouth people, be prepared to hear some noise especially when they are waiting for lifts.
3) I don't have much comment on M&E though cause I've never experience living next to M&E in terms of noise but in terms of health, if there are health hazard...after so many years of construction, you'd think the engineer would still place M&E rooms near other residential units?

Pros... shorter distance to lift? i seriously can't think of any pros

for most serviced apartments, the rubbish chute is located near the lift area as well. Easy access to throwing rubbish?

This post has been edited by JasonLeeX: Oct 8 2018, 01:39 AM

Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0532sec    2.12    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 22nd October 2018 - 06:51 AM