Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Want to use Unifi TV STB with Home Turbo

views

TSarcanaxion
post Oct 7 2018, 08:46 PM, updated 6y ago

37 posts

From what I understand, unifi home turbo 100Mbps @ RM129 doesn't support the Unifi TV with the set-top box. Can only use the app.

I want to change to this from my VIP 5 from many years ago. What options do I have if I want to remain using the set-top box? I just want the basic channels that I have now. How much would it cost?

Cannot really find the information I'm looking for online. This only shows the premium add-ons and I don't know if its compatibility is with the unifi home turbo package I'm looking at.

Thanks for the help.

ldragon
post Oct 8 2018, 01:36 PM

Enthusiast
981 posts

Inform the on-site Unifi installation team to link your old STB to the new account. It is free.

This post has been edited by ldragon: Oct 8 2018, 01:37 PM
soulquarianz
post Oct 8 2018, 04:18 PM

On my way
556 posts

QUOTE(arcanaxion @ Oct 7 2018, 08:46 PM)
From what I understand, unifi home turbo 100Mbps @ RM129 doesn't support the Unifi TV with the set-top box. Can only use the app.

I want to change to this from my VIP 5 from many years ago. What options do I have if I want to remain using the set-top box? I just want the basic channels that I have now. How much would it cost?

Cannot really find the information I'm looking for online. This only shows the premium add-ons and I don't know if its compatibility is with the unifi home turbo package I'm looking at.

Thanks for the help.
not sure if this help but i just register new unifi RM129 for 100mbps turbo-ed and add additional RM30 for Hypptv Box and get so called "ultimate pack".

more or less still same amount i pay for my streamyx 8MBPS previously around RM175 !

so answer is yes you can use unifi tv but it has to be configured in the modem to allow the access or else u wont get connected. anyhow not sure if this using the same 100 mbps bandwith or it could be additional allocation solely for the iptv for uninterupted services.
TSarcanaxion
post Oct 10 2018, 10:08 AM

37 posts

QUOTE(ldragon @ Oct 8 2018, 01:36 PM)
Inform the on-site Unifi installation team to link your old STB to the new account. It is free.
Yep I confirmed with TM point ytd and they said TV will maintain even after upgrade. Got confused by the posters in other threads that said this unifi rm129 package is exclusively unifi tv APP only. Thanks a lot!

QUOTE(soulquarianz @ Oct 8 2018, 04:18 PM)
not sure if this help but i just register new unifi RM129 for 100mbps turbo-ed and add additional RM30 for Hypptv Box and get so called "ultimate pack".

more or less still same amount i pay for my streamyx 8MBPS previously around RM175 !

so answer is yes you can use unifi tv but it has to be configured in the modem to allow the access or else u wont get connected. anyhow not sure if this using the same 100 mbps bandwith or it could be additional allocation solely for the iptv for uninterupted services.
They said can still use the set-top box for the RM129 if already existingly have it. Otherwise pay RM159 monthly to get the one-time STB and the ultimate package. Thanks a lot bro.
@lice~~
post Oct 29 2018, 09:57 AM

On my way
565 posts

QUOTE(arcanaxion @ Oct 10 2018, 10:08 AM)
Yep I confirmed with TM point ytd and they said TV will maintain even after upgrade. Got confused by the posters in other threads that said this unifi rm129 package is exclusively unifi tv APP only. Thanks a lot!
They said can still use the set-top box for the RM129 if already existingly have it. Otherwise pay RM159 monthly to get the one-time STB and the ultimate package. Thanks a lot bro.
Meaning that after cancel the previous plan no need to return the STB?

I plan to downgrade my current plan to RM129 too but hope to keep the STB with the TV channel - Ruby package. So it can works?

melz84
post Oct 29 2018, 11:06 AM

Regular
1,556 posts

QUOTE(@lice~~ @ Oct 29 2018, 09:57 AM)
Meaning that after cancel the previous plan no need to return the STB?

I plan to downgrade my current plan to RM129 too but hope to keep the STB with the TV channel - Ruby package. So it can works?
The STB belongs to you... no need to return.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0129sec    0.62    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:06 PM