Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Email hosting

views

TShlee077
post Oct 7 2018, 03:43 PM, updated 6y ago

Getting Started
63 posts

Hi all,

I’m doing some research on the domain and email hosting thing.

Would like to set up a company email address, ending .com.my. Understand we need to register a domain, then according to the usage, sign up for 20GB/30GB/50GB package.

I’ve used 1host.my previously, for the same situation in the year 2010-2013. Had not encountered any problem. But I’m not sure whether they still in operation nowadays.

Checked exabytes on their packages, seems that they are more expensive.. we just need the email address function, not hosting a website.

Google also offer this kind of service for small business, something call G suite.. but seems like they charge per user.. around USD5 per user per month.

Can someone share with me any recommendations or way of setting up email hosting? Is hosting by google more secure? What’s the pros and cons?

Thank you very much:)
alextan99
post Oct 7 2018, 03:47 PM

Wassup
2,645 posts

depending if the email needs needs to send and receive from outside email if not just host a website and then use mdaemon mail and do your own email
TShlee077
post Oct 8 2018, 07:18 AM

Getting Started
63 posts

QUOTE(alextan99 @ Oct 7 2018, 03:47 PM)
depending if the email needs needs to send and receive from outside email if not just host a website and then use mdaemon mail and do your own email
Outside email means read or send from portable devices app? Or overseas?

Thanks!
TShlee077
post Oct 8 2018, 07:39 AM

Getting Started
63 posts

Any 1host.my user here??
alextan99
post Oct 8 2018, 10:16 AM

Wassup
2,645 posts

QUOTE(hlee077 @ Oct 8 2018, 07:18 AM)
Outside email means read or send from portable devices app? Or overseas?

Thanks!
no it means lets say ur domain is example.com.my ... outside email is anything that does not match @example.com.my.
regnessem
post Oct 8 2018, 11:23 AM

Casual
393 posts

Have you tried contacting 1host.my
If they don't respond to you now, I recommend you not to use them anymore as if in the future you face any issue with their service, it would be much harder to get support.

Anyway, do PM me if you're looking for email hosting as I may be able to help you depending on your requirement. wink.gif
devils_blues
post Oct 8 2018, 01:22 PM

Getting Started
131 posts

QUOTE(hlee077 @ Oct 7 2018, 03:43 PM)
Hi all,

Would like to set up a company email address, ending .com.my. Understand we need to register a domain, then according to the usage, sign up for 20GB/30GB/50GB package.

I’ve used 1host.my previously, for the same situation in the year 2010-2013. Had not encountered any problem. But I’m not sure whether they still in operation nowadays.

Checked exabytes on their packages, seems that they are more expensive.. we just need the email address function, not hosting a website.

Google also offer this kind of service for small business, something call G suite.. but seems like they charge per user.. around USD5 per user per month.

Can someone share with me any recommendations or way of setting up email hosting? Is hosting by google more secure? What’s the pros and cons?

hey try this hstech.com.my, their support quite prompt. biggrin.gif
melz84
post Oct 8 2018, 01:27 PM

Regular
1,556 posts

Hi all,

depends what you are looking for.. how many users? whats the size of mailbox allocated for each user and whats your budget?
ladycooper
post Oct 14 2018, 03:39 PM

Enthusiast
917 posts

Some time pricing is not everything.

Premium EMail Hosting: https://www.exabytes.my/email/email-hosting
Small Business Email + Website Hosting: https://www.exabytes.my/web-hosting/small-business-hosting

Are you also considering Office 365 if you are looking at G-Suite?

Exabytes Office365: https://www.exabytes.my/office-365

Best Value Domain Registration: https://www.exabytes.my/domains/mydomain

Icehart
post Oct 15 2018, 10:20 PM

All Stars
14,304 posts

Hi all,

Hosting on Google guarantees reliability. It also support the Gmail app out of the box and has advanced administrative features that are tailored to enterprises. GApps is not all about email because they also comes with productivity suite like Docs, Sheets, Hangout and Calendar function. The price is USD 5/month but if you pay annually you can get 12 months for the price of 10.

Hosting email on shared servers are okay but they tend to run into blacklisting issues unless the shared servers are using reliable SMTP relay services.

calvynlee
post Oct 18 2018, 08:18 PM

Digital Marketing Trainer
1,997 posts

getting an email hosting is not difficult, take into consideration that your email goes into recipient inbox or spam box is most critical.

not all service provider can help you do the proper email configuration. Do ask them before make your order.
ladycooper
post Oct 31 2018, 12:38 PM

Enthusiast
917 posts

Exabytes do offer reseller hosting

Linux Reseller: https://www.exabytes.my/web-hosting/reseller-hosting
Windows Reseller: https://www.exabytes.my/web-hosting/reseller-hosting/windows

MelissaLSH
post Nov 2 2018, 10:22 PM

5 posts

Actually I am facing this problem as well. I bought a domain from godaddy.com

I have been using gmail for my company. now I want to use a custom email like xxxx@companyname.com

but I don't know if I should choose office 365 or GSuite... godaddy also got their own email plan and godaddy also got office 365 plan...

So confusing, so now is the godaddy's office 365 plan the same as the one I can get from Microsoft directly?

If I buy godaddy's email plan, then... where do I like sign in? (sorry, this one super noob question)

Gsuite's email got different features than gmail or not? I find gmail is not that great in segregating folders... unlike last time punya outlook.
ladycooper
post Nov 15 2018, 12:01 PM

Enthusiast
917 posts

Hi Melissa,

If you are using your email mainly from Malaysia, it is advised that you host it locally.

dvlzplayground
post Nov 16 2018, 07:58 PM

Web developer Nadzim.com
7,916 posts

QUOTE(MelissaLSH @ Nov 2 2018, 10:22 PM)
Actually I am facing this problem as well. I bought a domain from godaddy.com

I have been using gmail for my company. now I want to use a custom email like xxxx@companyname.com

but I don't know if I should choose office 365 or GSuite... godaddy also got their own email plan and godaddy also got office 365 plan...

So confusing, so now is the godaddy's office 365 plan the same as the one I can get from Microsoft directly?

If I buy godaddy's email plan, then... where do I like sign in? (sorry, this one super noob question)

Gsuite's email got different features than gmail or not? I find gmail is not that great in segregating folders... unlike last time punya outlook.
I suspect GoDaddy would be some sort of a reseller for Microsoft. Still sign in at office.com I suppose.

G Suite email is exactly like Gmail, using Labels.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0162sec    0.25    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:16 AM