Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Fastest Web Hosting Service? Help, My audience is in Malaysia

views

Lamanify
post Nov 19 2018, 08:54 PM

7 posts

QUOTE(Osphotic @ Oct 7 2018, 06:13 AM)
Hi, I am planning to build a website, my audiences are only based in Malaysia.

Should I use local hosting or global hosting?

Which would you recommend?

I want the fastest load speed and the lowest latency.
Hi,

It depends on the usage.

However, if you mentioned that your audiences are based in Malaysia, its the best if you use local hosting at the moment.

If you're thinking to expand later on, you might consider using Content Delivery Network (CDN) to reach global audience.

There are several hosting that are based locally (Data Center in Malaysia/Singapore).

Every hosting has their own pros and cons, depends on your budget and usage.

As for now, Shinjiru, Serverfreak, Exabytes, and Siteground are offering one of the best hosting deals out there in terms of speed and security.

You might want to check them out according to your budget and usage.

Lamanify
post Nov 21 2018, 05:53 AM

7 posts

QUOTE(O-Reo @ Nov 20 2018, 03:40 PM)
Hi, this is actually my first time inside this forum. I want to ask your opinion about something.

Between Exabytes, Serverfreak and Siteground, which is the best in terms of uptime on shared hosting?
And which one of them has the best customer service + support ?
And lastly, which one of them is the best in terms of response time?

I want to try to create a website as a part of my learning experience,
but almost all the review from Google always point me to International hosting company like Bluehost, Hostgator and so on.
All have almost perfect uptime at 99.99%. And also I would say all of them contain sufficient customer service and support. They will answer all your tickets swiftly and also provide solutions for all your problems until the issues have been solved.

However, if you want me to rate about the response time(Live Chat 24/7), based on my experience using all these 3 hosting providers, I would say:
1. Siteground (Countless support admins)
2. ServerFreak (Limited support admins but still manage to answer you at 3AM)
3. Exabytes (Limited support admins and most of the time you have to wait for their reply through Email)

I would say, PLEASE don't go to International Hosting company mainly due to Data-center is located outside from Malaysia region (which makes your site slower to load). It will have no issues for you to use them if you want to go international or if you want to pay extra using CDN.

If your target market is Malaysia only, you might consider the local hosting instead.

Lamanify
post Nov 21 2018, 04:02 PM

7 posts

QUOTE(ladycooper @ Nov 21 2018, 10:44 AM)
Mind share more with us are you building your website from scratch (coding) or are you going to use any of the CMS to build your website?

If you are looking to use WordPress as the CMS to build your website
Feel free to have a check on the WordPress Hosting specially designed for WordPress user to help them minimise all the pain that they will be facing using WordPress

https://www.exabytes.my/web-hosting/wordpress-hosting
I'm using CMS with some tweaks of HTML+CSS to create websites.

I found that clients are easier to use Wordpress based websites as it is more user-friendly and an economical way of obtaining websites for businesses.

Lamanify
post Nov 21 2018, 04:06 PM

7 posts

QUOTE(exdtan @ Nov 21 2018, 08:38 AM)
If I’m not mistaken, you are not suppose to host website local with home internet plan. Unless you get a business plan ?
What do you mean by home internet plan?

Hosting website locally means using Malaysian based company or the data center is located in Malaysia or its nearest surrounding country (eg. Singapore).

As with Siteground, their Data Center is located in Singapore while both ServerFreak and Exabytes are located in Malaysia it self.

Hostinger on the other hand also has their own data center in Singapore. And their packages are almost similar to Siteground's packages but with a much lower entry prices. However, I couldn't recommend it as our company does not use any of Hostinger's services before.

Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0208sec    0.43    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:36 PM