Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Fastest Web Hosting Service? Help, My audience is in Malaysia

views

exdtan
post Nov 21 2018, 08:33 AM

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

Try my host provider. They have Black Friday sales campaign running now until 3rd December.
Up to 90% off.
This promotion here !

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

This post has been edited by exdtan: Nov 21 2018, 08:37 AM
exdtan
post Nov 21 2018, 08:38 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(Lamanify @ Nov 21 2018, 05:53 AM)
All have almost perfect uptime at 99.99%. And also I would say all of them contain sufficient customer service and support. They will answer all your tickets swiftly and also provide solutions for all your problems until the issues have been solved.

However, if you want me to rate about the response time(Live Chat 24/7), based on my experience using all these 3 hosting providers, I would say:
1. Siteground (Countless support admins)
2. ServerFreak (Limited support admins but still manage to answer you at 3AM)
3. Exabytes (Limited support admins and most of the time you have to wait for their reply through Email)

I would say, PLEASE don't go to International Hosting company mainly due to Data-center is located outside from Malaysia region (which makes your site slower to load). It will have no issues for you to use them if you want to go international or if you want to pay extra using CDN.

If your target market is Malaysia only, you might consider the local hosting instead.
If I’m not mistaken, you are not suppose to host website local with home internet plan. Unless you get a business plan ?

ladycooper
post Nov 21 2018, 10:44 AM

Enthusiast
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(O-Reo @ Nov 20 2018, 03:40 PM)
Hi, this is actually my first time inside this forum. I want to ask your opinion about something.

Between Exabytes, Serverfreak and Siteground, which is the best in terms of uptime on shared hosting?
And which one of them has the best customer service + support ?
And lastly, which one of them is the best in terms of response time?

I want to try to create a website as a part of my learning experience,
but almost all the review from Google always point me to International hosting company like Bluehost, Hostgator and so on.
Mind share more with us are you building your website from scratch (coding) or are you going to use any of the CMS to build your website?

If you are looking to use WordPress as the CMS to build your website
Feel free to have a check on the WordPress Hosting specially designed for WordPress user to help them minimise all the pain that they will be facing using WordPress

https://www.exabytes.my/web-hosting/wordpress-hosting

Lamanify
post Nov 21 2018, 04:02 PM

Group: Newbie

QUOTE(ladycooper @ Nov 21 2018, 10:44 AM)
Mind share more with us are you building your website from scratch (coding) or are you going to use any of the CMS to build your website?

If you are looking to use WordPress as the CMS to build your website
Feel free to have a check on the WordPress Hosting specially designed for WordPress user to help them minimise all the pain that they will be facing using WordPress

https://www.exabytes.my/web-hosting/wordpress-hosting
I'm using CMS with some tweaks of HTML+CSS to create websites.

I found that clients are easier to use Wordpress based websites as it is more user-friendly and an economical way of obtaining websites for businesses.

Lamanify
post Nov 21 2018, 04:06 PM

Group: Newbie

QUOTE(exdtan @ Nov 21 2018, 08:38 AM)
If I’m not mistaken, you are not suppose to host website local with home internet plan. Unless you get a business plan ?
What do you mean by home internet plan?

Hosting website locally means using Malaysian based company or the data center is located in Malaysia or its nearest surrounding country (eg. Singapore).

As with Siteground, their Data Center is located in Singapore while both ServerFreak and Exabytes are located in Malaysia it self.

Hostinger on the other hand also has their own data center in Singapore. And their packages are almost similar to Siteground's packages but with a much lower entry prices. However, I couldn't recommend it as our company does not use any of Hostinger's services before.
exdtan
post Nov 21 2018, 09:34 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(Lamanify @ Nov 21 2018, 04:06 PM)
What do you mean by home internet plan?

Hosting website locally means using Malaysian based company or the data center is located in Malaysia or its nearest surrounding country (eg. Singapore).

As with Siteground, their Data Center is located in Singapore while both ServerFreak and Exabytes are located in Malaysia it self.

Hostinger on the other hand also has their own data center in Singapore. And their packages are almost similar to Siteground's packages but with a much lower entry prices. However, I couldn't recommend it as our company does not use any of Hostinger's services before.
It is much lower than any other service provider. If your company is not using any of Hostinger's services just because you have never use it before, then you are missing out great cut in your annual budget and profit.

I personally use Hostinger to host my parents' website and it has never goes offline so far (6 months). Although Hostinger uses their own control panel (for cloud and shared hosting, which pros dont like it), it is very user-friendly + convenient for a programmer like me.

PS: Oh... locally... In my terms it means you are hosting your own website with your own server in your own property using your property's internet network. Happy to know it has different meaning.

This post has been edited by exdtan: Nov 21 2018, 09:39 PM
puppet
post Dec 19 2018, 01:50 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(Osphotic @ Oct 7 2018, 06:13 AM)
Hi, I am planning to build a website, my audiences are only based in Malaysia.

Should I use local hosting or global hosting?

Which would you recommend?

I want the fastest load speed and the lowest latency.
i guess as a new user for web hosting (are u?), u should consider..
• shared hosting for budget cost per year
• package with all the basic features (of course)
• fast SSD disk space, as a bonus
• local hosting for local audience

i would recommend this SSD hosting..
based in cyberjaya, its among the affordable price offered for shared hosting, compared to others local famous name..
and it just upgrade all their package with SSD disc space..
i'm using it, actually i've transfered all my websites & my clients websites from (almost 10 years with) exa'bite' to them..
and their live support (so far) no problem..

i think not much users know of them compared to other famous name, so for shared-hosting packages, less users hosted in the same 'shared-hosting'.. so advantage for us to full use of their memory power.. just a theory tongue.gif
exdtan
post Feb 15 2019, 10:10 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(McDBigMaC @ Oct 31 2018, 03:56 PM)
Tumpang thread.

I have a client who wishes to have a website for his cafe, his main promo is already on facebook and instagram and did quite well. But it seems lackluster without a website to foothold redirects from other Social media.  I have serve other clients using siteground and hosting before.

Do you guys know any hosting + domain which is the cheapest in Malaysia? Thanks.
Why not give > Hostinger Malaysia < a try ? It is very reliable so far. Been a customer for the last 5 years. One major selling point is that their service is super cheap. Best bang for your buck ! Almost ZERO downtime.

You will not find it cheaper anywhere other than > Hostinger Malaysia <. I can guarantee you that.

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0746sec    2.46    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 18th July 2019 - 11:05 PM