Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Port in Issue, Port into Hotlink Postpaid Flex

jake9110
post Oct 3 2018, 02:00 PM, updated 3w ago

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

Hi Maxis,

You have a "wonderful" service that I would like to share about.

I was planning to switch to Hotlink Postpaid Flex from another telco. Here's my experience on this:

30 Sept 2018

1.10pm - 2.00pm
I walked into KLCC branch to request for the port in. My number was 4027 while the current attending number is 4025. While waiting, I notice that the branch has 18-20 counters in which only 5-6 were operating at that time. I had to wait 30 mins for my number to be called out and get my application done. During that period, your customer service took my IC, wander off around with my IC and only return after 5 mins. Then after doing the application, I was told to make the advance payment which I understand it's the standard procedure. So I made the payment and I enquire about how long will I receive the port in request. Your customer service kept mentioning that it depends on my current telco. Once completed, I left the branch and rushed to class.

3.40pm

During my class break, I decided to call the customer service and enquire about the status. Customer Service (CS) A attended to my call and she said that the status for my application is incomplete submission in which she asked me to check with my current telco. So I called my current telco and they said they didn't received any port out request. So I called back and CS B attended to my call. I told him that CS A mentioned my application status was incomplete submission. CS B said that there's no problem with my submission and I just need to wait 24 hours for the port in to be successful. In getting his reassurance that my application was okay, I waited for the request.

1 Oct 2018
3.00pm - 3.30pm
I called and enquire on the status since I haven't received the port in request from my current telco. CS C told me that the status was incomplete submission and he asked me to check with my current telco. I called my current telco and they confirmed that they haven't received any request.

6.00pm - 6.15pm

I called to the customer service again and CS D attended to my call. I told her about my situation. While talking, our line got cut off. Since I was going to drive, I decided to call back later and asked about it.

6.50pm
CS D called back and updated me on my status. She said that when she checked, there's no application for my request to port in. Sensing that I was getting frustrated, she said that she'll raise a report to her supervisor and will get back to me on this issue the following day.

2 Oct 2018
12.30pm
Since I haven't received any call yet, I decided to call in and check on the status. CS E helped me checked and he said that based on my last conversation, CS D noted that she'll submit the report but when CS E checked, he said no report was submitted. I was getting pissed off with this situation and I asked him what's the next step for this. He said he'll submit the report to his supervisor to ask KLCC staff about why my submission was incomplete. He also mentioned that usually if there's any incomplete submission, it's not due to my current telco. It's the staff who attended to me who submitted incompletely. He told me that he'll get back to me by end of the day or by tomorrow.

5.00pm
I called in to check what's the status. This call is mainly to see if the report has been raised accordingly. Thankfully, CS E had helped to raise the report.

3 Oct 2018
1.00pm - 1.15pm
Since there's no response, I decided to call in and enquire about it. CS F attended to my call and she said there's no application made. I was getting pissed off and I had to control myself. I told her that I've been calling for the last 2 days on this issue and now she said there's no application. I asked her to check again to see if it's really the case. Then she said after checking again, she saw a report raised. She then asked me to wait 5-10 working days for the feedback. I was controlling myself and I politely told her that the customer service told me it's within 24 hours. She then asked which customer service did I contact with. I gave her CS E name and she said he'll contact me later.

He did call back after 5 mins which I really appreciate. He told me there's no update on the email and asked me to wait another 24 hours. I was quite pissed off already and I raised my voice for the first time throughout this ordeal. I told him if I waited another 24 hours again and there's no reply, then what can be done about this. If the same excuse is given, then what's the difference with following up or not. He told me he'll get back to me by tomorrow around 4pm. I told him that I hope to hear satisfactory answer from him.

So this is my ordeal in changing my plan. Just a simple port in and switching plan can be quite troublesome. If I hadn't made the first call, perhaps my application is still left hanging there unattended.

I'm quite pissed off with Maxis service. I know that there are others who had worse experience than me and I acknowledge that. I also acknowledge that my emotion got better of me and I raised my voice with CS E when it's not his fault.

Being in my position, all I wanted is to change to a plan that best suits to my need and use it accordingly. But now I had to waste my time (and money; toll free call isn't in any unlimited calling bundle) and I feel very sour with this experience.

I'm just sharing this experience with others; letting others beware that such thing may happen. I can choose to forego the advance payment and stick to my current telco but I felt that there are others who may have went through the same thing. So I'm raising this issue, hoping to create awareness and hopefully this issue can be solved as soon as possible.

onetwoswitch
post Oct 3 2018, 02:20 PM

Suggest you don't waste your time calling the CS. Go back to KLCC and look for the staff who was supposed to do your registration. Ask him/ her to process it right in front of your eyes before leaving the counter.

Another extreme solution, if u dont get solution from them today, is go into MCMC website and raise complaint in their aduan page. See how magic works after that.
jake9110
post Oct 5 2018, 04:13 PM

Getting Started

Hi onetwoswitch!

Thanks for your feedback. I've ensure that the staff had submitted the application before leaving the counter on the day I went.

The customer service came to me and said it's their system error which they've rectified yesterday. I should get the port in request within 24 hours but until now there's no feedback from them.

I'm sending my complaint to MCMC now as their service is very disappointing.

QUOTE(onetwoswitch @ Oct 3 2018, 02:20 PM)
Suggest you don't waste your time calling the CS. Go back to KLCC and look for the staff who was supposed to do your registration. Ask him/ her to process it right in front of your eyes before leaving the counter.

Another extreme solution, if u dont get solution from them today, is go into MCMC website and raise complaint in their aduan page. See how magic works after that.
onetwoswitch
post Oct 9 2018, 09:35 AM

Cheers jake9110, hope your problem gets resolved soon. Thanks.

Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0464sec    4.26    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 22nd October 2018 - 08:16 AM