Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Announcement

New Registrations disabled until further notice.

Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Liverpool LYN Kop Talk - 2018/2019, LIV 1 : 0 NAP #YNWA

cheez
post Dec 13 2018, 11:59 AM

On my way to? -> Holland?
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(Adell G @ Dec 13 2018, 10:34 AM)
Knowing klopp he would probably make do with a putting fabinho in the back and maybe slot milner to the right back if TAA injured (clyne still injured?)

Also he would also probably promote nathaniel phillip to CB rather than buying new CB, he did well in the pre season iirc
Clyne is back. VVD suspended for next UCL match but that’s the least of concern, most CB shud b back by then.

The tricky one is next match against MU. If Lovren isn’t back fit, I think Gini or Fab might work as a makeshift CB. Let’s just hope all goes well.
jimbet1337
post Dec 13 2018, 02:18 PM

Regular

QUOTE(Lionel90 @ Dec 13 2018, 10:54 AM)
Ajax's Wober was sent off for a very similar tackle to VvD's yesterday. We really got lucky. sweat.gif
Didn't know that until you brought it up. I went straight looking for the clip. Really bad tackle.

genjo
post Dec 13 2018, 02:33 PM

Shadow

QUOTE(jimbet1337 @ Dec 13 2018, 02:18 PM)
Didn't know that until you brought it up. I went straight looking for the clip. Really bad tackle.

Ours one hit the ball first.
jacckl
post Dec 13 2018, 04:30 PM

Group: Junior Member

QUOTE(genjo @ Dec 13 2018, 02:33 PM)
i was thinking the same, maybe ref take this as consideration before giving vvd a yellow
farisq
post Dec 13 2018, 05:49 PM

Casual
Group: Junior Member

Yup, VVD got clean contact of the ball, so not comparable
Lionel90
post Dec 13 2018, 08:08 PM

I lift! Or so I think..

QUOTE(genjo @ Dec 13 2018, 02:33 PM)
QUOTE(jacckl @ Dec 13 2018, 04:30 PM)
i was thinking the same, maybe ref take this as consideration before giving vvd a yellow
QUOTE(farisq @ Dec 13 2018, 05:49 PM)
Yup, VVD got clean contact of the ball, so not comparable
Erm, as long as it's deemed as using excessive force, it can be a red card offense. Yeah, it's up to the ref's interpretation. So just thank our lucky stars that the ref didn't deem it as using excessive force, because it looks like a red when I watched the HL. One of those "have seen it given" incident.
prophetjul
post Yesterday, 11:47 AM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(jimbet1337 @ Dec 13 2018, 02:18 PM)

Big difference.

VVD got the ball CLEAN. The mongrel Mertens was late
genjo
post Yesterday, 08:07 PM

Shadow

Damn arnold got injured
lcy851031
post Yesterday, 10:48 PM

Enthusiast

Klopp's pre-match press conference vs Manchester United:

The manager confirmed Trent Alexander Arnold’s injury is not as serious as Joel Matip and Joe Gomez.
“With Trent [Alexander-Arnold], it’s not as serious as it is with the other boys,” Klopp told reporters.

“Joel [Matip] was injured in the last second of the game. For Trent, it’s day-by-day. We will find a solution at the weekend.

Nathaniel Clyne is fit and available to face Manchester United on Sunday.
“Clyney was unfortunately injured for the last two or three weeks – nothing serious but serious enough that he couldn’t train.

“He has been in training for four days – is he ready for 90 minutes? I don’t know. But he is ready. He is a very experienced player.

“We have other options as well so we will not push Clyney through after his longest spell of training.

Klopp believes Liverpool have a solution to their defensive crisis and that Rafael Camacho could step into the fold.
“Rafa Camacho played outstandingly in pre-season and Curtis Jones too.

“We have other options and as long as we have options everything is fine. We have to be creative if not but all fine for the moment.”

Hopefully we don't have to be creative too often because it's never a good sign for the squad depth."

On Mourinho
“I don’t think Jose Mourinho ever has a lack of ambition,” Klopp told reporters.

“He just does what he thinks is right, and he’s one of the most successful managers in the world.

On Shaqiri
“I’ve not been surprised at how quickly Xherdan Shaqiri has adapted.

“We just had to make sure he delivered like he did previously and he has so I’m not surprised.”

And the German believes it is still ‘unlikely’ that Liverpool will act in the January transfer market and is keen for Harry Wilson to remain at Derby County despite having an option to recall the starlet next month.
"Our situation is like this," he said. "If you would have asked me two weeks before if we were doing anything in the transfer window I would have said probably not.

"Now we have two centre-halves left. Will we do something? Not really likely because they are not out for (long)."

"That's exactly the same with Harry," he added. "If now something happens in an offensive wing position why should I say today 100% we would not do it.

"Derby accepted when they signed the contract, they have to wait until the last second before we decide. We don't want to take him away only if we really need him, then we would trigger that option. Otherwise he is there in a fantastic team and I really like watching him.

"How they played against United that would be a role-model game. It was not because United were weak but because Derby were outstanding.

“I am really happy with what Harry is doing, it is fantastic - it is the perfect example of being able to leave home and show up somewhere else. I really think Harry left in the right moment.

"Since I'm in everyone said Harry Wilson needs to go on loan. I really thought he was to young and he scored a lot of goals for the Under-23s and then he went to Hull last season and was already good.

"He came back and then had pre-season and went to Derby and it is an outstanding job what Frank (Lampard) is doing, England finally has a lot of good, young managers. That's cool."

56 Pages « < 54 55 56Top
Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0727sec    3.28    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 15th December 2018 - 08:36 PM