Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Grab fare .. increased 30 %, Why ... why ..why ...

views

SUSdestiny6
post Oct 3 2018, 11:41 AM

Enthusiast
817 posts

Increased 30%????
Driver bising fare ciput le

skylinelover
post Oct 4 2018, 10:11 PM

Future Crypto Player😄👊Driver Abamsado😎😎
All Stars
10,509 posts

QUOTE(destiny6 @ Oct 3 2018, 11:41 AM)
Increased 30%????
Driver bising fare ciput le
Haha true doh.gif doh.gif
tehoice
post Oct 10 2018, 11:38 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,403 posts

i always take grab to/fro lunch nearby.

last time cost RM5, like every single time, there was even RM3/4 before, but let's take RM5 as normal rate.

ever since Grab took over Uber, the basic fare for the same distance, same timing has risen to RM7, that's a whooping 40% increase! really, don't BS on the high demand thingy.

if i'm alone, i'd rather walk for 15 mins than being sucked by grab.
Selectt
post Oct 10 2018, 11:57 AM

wattttt!!
1,592 posts

Dont worry, grab will be boikot soon enough just like any other business.

Market will react fast to changes. Reputation once damage will take forever to recover just like Maxis. Good luck, Grab.

yhtan
post Oct 10 2018, 12:15 PM

Look at all my stars!!
8,547 posts

QUOTE(tehoice @ Oct 10 2018, 11:38 AM)

last time cost RM5, like every single time, there was even RM3/4 before, but let's take RM5 as normal rate.

ever since Grab took over Uber, the basic fare for the same distance, same timing has risen to RM7, that's a whooping 40% increase! really, don't BS on the high demand thingy.

can i have the distance for calculation? Now grab is not using shortest route to calculate like in the past.

And now the incentive on lunch hour has slash until B block, meaning lower subsidize to driver and low amount of driver on the road at that particular time. Ask those driver around with the harsh condition and ill treatment, many has quit.
skylinelover
post Oct 10 2018, 01:08 PM

All Stars
10,509 posts

QUOTE(tehoice @ Oct 10 2018, 11:38 AM)

Welcome 2 monopoly world laugh.gif laugh.gif
tehoice
post Oct 10 2018, 05:49 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,403 posts

QUOTE(yhtan @ Oct 10 2018, 12:15 PM)
can i have the distance for calculation? Now grab is not using shortest route to calculate like in the past.

And now the incentive on lunch hour has slash until B block, meaning lower subsidize to driver and low amount of driver on the road at that particular time. Ask those driver around with the harsh condition and ill treatment, many has quit.
distance wise is not really far, around 1.1 - 1.2km or so, the last time when i check on google map.

or at night when i take grab home from the nearby LRT station, also cost like 7-8 bucks, 9-10 bucks if near midnight (midnight rate applies?) compare to previous of 5 bucks, takkan the distance between my house and the LRT has widen kan

QUOTE(skylinelover @ Oct 10 2018, 01:08 PM)
Welcome 2 monopoly world laugh.gif laugh.gif
and they say there's no increase in fare.
yhtan
post Oct 10 2018, 05:54 PM

Look at all my stars!!
8,547 posts

QUOTE(tehoice @ Oct 10 2018, 05:49 PM)
distance wise is not really far, around 1.1 - 1.2km or so, the last time when i check on google map.

or at night when i take grab home from the nearby LRT station, also cost like 7-8 bucks, 9-10 bucks if near midnight (midnight rate applies?) compare to previous of 5 bucks, takkan the distance between my house and the LRT has widen kan
To be honest a lot driver has quit the market, the supply on driver side has decreasing after so many harsh condition.

Or the grab system is trying to troll u with their algorithm, purposely let u cannot find car and jack up price.

We as driver do not know what is the truth.
tehoice
post Oct 10 2018, 06:15 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,403 posts

QUOTE(yhtan @ Oct 10 2018, 05:54 PM)
To be honest a lot driver has quit the market, the supply on driver side has decreasing after so many harsh condition.

Or the grab system is trying to troll u with their algorithm, purposely let u cannot find car and jack up price.

We as driver do not know what is the truth.
pity on the drivers and users. grab sucks man.
hopefully other player(s) can do better then we don't have to rely on just grab.

other than MyCar, what are the other available e-hailing app?
SUSdestiny6
post Oct 10 2018, 09:20 PM

Enthusiast
817 posts

QUOTE(tehoice @ Oct 10 2018, 06:15 PM)
pity on the drivers and users. grab sucks man.
hopefully other player(s) can do better then we don't have to rely on just grab.

other than MyCar, what are the other available e-hailing app?
There are a lot actually, MyCar, ezcab, dacsee, frentz, pick n go, Mula, and many more.....but sucks big time as their driver availability gap is too far different from Grab

kelvinfixx
post Oct 10 2018, 09:23 PM

Regular
1,501 posts

That why I said why tony so smart last time become dumb now.
forever1979
post Oct 11 2018, 05:26 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,716 posts

QUOTE(tehoice @ Oct 10 2018, 05:49 PM)

rather u call its expensive, or should i say by right, crapcar is mean for those ready to pay and not like airasia, mean everyone can ride ?

whether i want to go lrt station, which is ard 2km from my house, i will walk there... i dont want to pay the RM6 fare, because i dont think worth it.. but i never complain the fare is expensive

i am part timer crap driver, sometimes i pick up rider going to like 1km trip but fare is RM5... rider forget driver may need to driver 2-3km before pick him...

so most of the short trip also ignore by drivers because they think not worth it..

why not support teksi since u are lrt station, give those uncle a chance rather than grab tight tight by crapcar

tehoice
post Oct 11 2018, 09:24 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,403 posts

QUOTE(destiny6 @ Oct 10 2018, 09:20 PM)
There are a lot actually, MyCar, ezcab, dacsee, frentz, pick n go, Mula, and many more.....but sucks big time as their driver availability gap is too far different from Grab
alright, will try them out next time when needed.

QUOTE(forever1979 @ Oct 11 2018, 05:26 AM)
rather u call its expensive, or should i say by right, crapcar is mean for those ready to pay and not like airasia, mean everyone can ride ?

whether i want to go lrt station, which is ard 2km from my house, i will walk there... i dont want to pay the RM6 fare, because i dont think worth it.. but i never complain the fare is expensive

i am part timer crap driver, sometimes i pick up rider going to like 1km trip but fare is RM5... rider forget driver may need to driver 2-3km before pick him...

so most of the short trip also ignore by drivers because they think not worth it..

why not support teksi since u are lrt station, give those uncle a chance rather than grab tight tight by crapcar
i didnt outright say it is expensive, but rather the increase can be absurb and unjustifiable if there isn't a valid rationale, but guess we have to live with monopoly model.

i get what you mean but you're missing the main point. the point is about the increase, as per the title too, the increase of 30%, is not about the fare alone.

as driver, whether you wanna pick up others is up to the drivers and drivers will have different viewpoint compared to users for sure. so why bother comparing? both have different needs/wants. the drivers will have the choice.

the 1km distance is for my lunch place, typically i will walk whenever i'm alone or with dudes, but when you have ladies in heels, they will likely to take grab.

just FYI, not all LRT station has taxi service, my area here LRT has got no taxi standby to pick you up, i don't mind paying for the distance of about 4km.

in my previous post, the fare is around 7-8 bucks but i'm willing to pay and didnt complain that it is expensive. but the argument point is on the increase for no obvious reason. now can even reach RM12 for the same ride.

like what yhtan mentioned previously, the terms imposed by grab which makes the conditions harsh for driver which have pushed many drivers to quit and hence lowering the supply thereby increasing the fare could be the most suspecting reason.

skylinelover
post Oct 11 2018, 09:25 AM

All Stars
10,509 posts

QUOTE(forever1979 @ Oct 11 2018, 05:26 AM)

Haha well said rclxms.gif rclxms.gif
SUSdestiny6
post Oct 11 2018, 10:01 AM

Enthusiast
817 posts

QUOTE(tehoice @ Oct 11 2018, 09:24 AM)
i didnt outright say it is expensive, but rather the increase can be absurb and unjustifiable if there isn't a valid rationale, but guess we have to live with monopoly model.

i get what you mean but you're missing the main point. the point is about the increase, as per the title too, the increase of 30%, is not about the fare alone.

as driver, whether you wanna pick up others is up to the drivers and drivers will have different viewpoint compared to users for sure. so why bother comparing? both have different needs/wants. the drivers will have the choice.

the 1km distance is for my lunch place, typically i will walk whenever i'm alone or with dudes, but when you have ladies in heels, they will likely to take grab.

just FYI, not all LRT station has taxi service, my area here LRT has got no taxi standby to pick you up, i don't mind paying for the distance of about 4km.

in my previous post, the fare is around 7-8 bucks but i'm willing to pay and didnt complain that it is expensive. but the argument point is on the increase for no obvious reason. now can even reach RM12 for the same ride.

like what yhtan mentioned previously, the terms imposed by grab which makes the conditions harsh for driver which have pushed many drivers to quit and hence lowering the supply thereby increasing the fare could be the most suspecting reason.
Just a gentle reminder, those ehailing I mentioned other than grab are most likely more expensive than Grab, as they don't have incentive structure like Grab, so in order to attract the drivers are the fare, but very less riders la....coz mostly cheapskates, I know coz I drove for ezcab, if the pings are like Grabbing fukin rich already....
tehoice
post Oct 11 2018, 10:08 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,403 posts

QUOTE(destiny6 @ Oct 11 2018, 10:01 AM)
Just a gentle reminder, those ehailing I mentioned other than grab are most likely more expensive than Grab,  as they don't have incentive structure like Grab, so in order to attract the drivers are the fare, but very less riders la....coz mostly cheapskates, I know coz I drove for ezcab, if the pings are like Grabbing fukin rich already....
alright, noted with thanks mate.

yhtan
post Oct 11 2018, 10:11 AM

Look at all my stars!!
8,547 posts

Another thing is back in last year when minimum fare is RM3 and RM4, driver complain the fare was so low because they have to travel 2-3km and travel another 2-3km for the ride. So they increase to RM5 which is quite fair.

U know one RM5 trip can easily take about 10-15min depending on traffic condition, some can go until 30min or more. And beside that Grab has been losing money for subsidizing all this short trip by giving incentive to driver, for sure they will find way to reduce it. Driver already took the hit by reducing and now rider feeling the pain.

If next year MOT cap the surge at 100%, i expect rider will be even harder to get ride based on current fare calculation.

SUSeksk
post Oct 11 2018, 10:14 AM

On my way
586 posts

its not expensive.. it is a sustainable pricing.. earlier when uber was around, they were SUBSIDISING riders.. meaning your fare was partially subsidised by Grab/UBer.. remember they raise so much money for what? to give cheap fare lar.. this cannot last forever, and when Uber exited, Grab no need to throw pricing already lar... they have to make back the money they subsidise earlier and continue to have a sustainable business.. therefore price has gone up .. whistling.gif
forever1979
post Oct 11 2018, 10:25 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,716 posts

no harm feeling, but those not willing to pay should get public transport..

kl already so jam

cheap fare later no driver... now u see can easily find driver during lunch hour in golden triangle or not...

i am one of the those who hardly get crapcar because i dont want to pay....
tehoice
post Oct 11 2018, 10:41 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,403 posts

QUOTE(eksk @ Oct 11 2018, 10:14 AM)
its not expensive.. it is a sustainable pricing.. earlier when uber was around, they were SUBSIDISING riders.. meaning your fare was partially subsidised by Grab/UBer.. remember they raise so much  money for what? to give cheap fare lar.. this cannot last forever, and when Uber exited, Grab no need to throw pricing already lar... they have to make back the money they subsidise earlier and continue to have a sustainable business.. therefore price has gone up ..  whistling.gif
okla, coming from business point of view, it's not wrong whistling.gif

3 Pages < 1 2 3 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0203sec    0.48    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:56 AM