views

mitodna
post Jan 15 2022, 01:44 AM

Getting Started
All Stars
14,027 posts

eddieleon7pc

You may also consider prepaid GX38 at RM35

Or consider port in online , * might get RM10 rebate for 12 months <- this I am not so sure now, u mobile updated its website a lot of info is hidden now

https://www.u.com.my/en/personal/mobile-pla...imited-postpaid

for RM35, you can also get unlimited call and Digi Prepaid Next, or Digi Raja Kombo

Edit: I understand you do not need unlimited call, but it is better to have it sometime

This post has been edited by mitodna: Jan 15 2022, 01:48 AM
incredibless
post Jan 15 2022, 01:59 AM

Casual
334 posts

QUOTE(xpole @ Dec 30 2021, 09:59 AM)
I've been using U Mobile for 1 year. Last time I feel so disappointed with this telco when I used it on 2019 due to network coverage.

I tried again this year and I'm mpressed with the improvement. The network coverage is stable in my area and when I'm using GPS, I didnt experience any problem.

During the recent flood situation, I'm part of the flood victim, u mobile performed better than digi in my area
Same here been using U Mobile since last year April ported over from Maxis for many years. Surprised that the network has improved way better than big 3 telcos. My wife kampung used to have no signal only Maxis and Celcom with 1-2bar 4g. U Mobile is full bar 4G. Same goes to my house taman where only U Mobile provides full 4G. Infact Celcom being widest coverage does not have any signal even 2G 🤦‍♂️. Converted my family members from Maxis to U Mobile so far they are happy many places is better.
godzilla88
post Jan 15 2022, 09:59 AM

Getting Started
118 posts

area dependence

QUOTE(incredibless @ Jan 15 2022, 01:59 AM)
Same here been using U Mobile since last year April ported over from Maxis for many years. Surprised that the network has improved way better than big 3 telcos. My wife kampung used to have no signal only Maxis and Celcom with 1-2bar 4g. U Mobile is full bar 4G. Same goes to my house taman where only U Mobile provides full 4G. Infact Celcom being widest coverage does not have any signal even 2G 🤦‍♂️. Converted my family members from Maxis to U Mobile so far they are happy many places is better.
nexona88
post Jan 15 2022, 10:22 AM

VVIP Club House Member
All Stars
32,786 posts

QUOTE(incredibless @ Jan 15 2022, 01:59 AM)
Glad that got improvement 👍
Previously.... Alot of complaining...

Mind asking which area?
incredibless
post Jan 15 2022, 11:02 AM

Casual
334 posts

QUOTE(nexona88 @ Jan 15 2022, 10:22 AM)
Glad that got improvement 👍
Previously.... Alot of complaining...

Mind asking which area?
Klang, Setia Alam, Port Dickson, Damansara areas where commonly visited.
nexona88
post Jan 15 2022, 12:11 PM

VVIP Club House Member
All Stars
32,786 posts

QUOTE(incredibless @ Jan 15 2022, 11:02 AM)
Klang, Setia Alam, Port Dickson, Damansara areas where commonly visited.
PD not sure...
But others u state.. does have some improvement...
vostro78
post Jan 15 2022, 07:24 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,758 posts

QUOTE(eddieleon7pc @ Jan 14 2022, 11:51 PM)
Hello everyone, i'll be needing some advice from you guys

I am now using Maxis One Prime (Fibre + postpaid) , the postpaid part is of concern

My Maxis postpaid is the RM98 one and the total cost include fiber is 240 every month
I plan to switch to Umobile , not sure which one to choose either GX50 or U28

- I am mostly at home so data is not the highest priority here , only use it outside rarely
- My calls are just average so unlimited calls is NOT a must
- Key point is i want cheap and good value to money

(Additional reasons , probably useless)
- My Current bills Maxis One prime is really taxing on me , total 240
- Plan to cut down on mobile postpaid to lighten the burden
- dont have a job due to mental health issues , so really need to make critical financial decisions
- If anyone ever port out from MAXIS to Umobile maybe can share experience?

Thanks,
if u can change both fibre and maxis line, u can consider gx68 + umobile fibre ( for half price).

https://portal.u.com.my/plans/broadband/fibre-broadband

total cost will be around 68+64.5+6%
eddieleon7pc P
post Jan 17 2022, 09:50 PM

Probation
15 posts

[quote=vostro78,Jan 15 2022, 07:24 PM]

I appreciate the suggestion but it seems like Umobile fibre isnt available in my area (insert sad noises) ,
sadlyfalways
post Jan 18 2022, 01:29 AM

Casual
353 posts

QUOTE(eddieleon7pc @ Jan 14 2022, 11:51 PM)
Hello everyone, i'll be needing some advice from you guys

I am now using Maxis One Prime (Fibre + postpaid) , the postpaid part is of concern

My Maxis postpaid is the RM98 one and the total cost include fiber is 240 every month
I plan to switch to Umobile , not sure which one to choose either GX50 or U28

- I am mostly at home so data is not the highest priority here , only use it outside rarely
- My calls are just average so unlimited calls is NOT a must
- Key point is i want cheap and good value to money

(Additional reasons , probably useless)
- My Current bills Maxis One prime is really taxing on me , total 240
- Plan to cut down on mobile postpaid to lighten the burden
- dont have a job due to mental health issues , so really need to make critical financial decisions
- If anyone ever port out from MAXIS to Umobile maybe can share experience?

Thanks,
Hello just want to give my 2 cents

Porting out from maxis to umobile is pretty straightforward. Although because now you are prime, need to cancel prime first and give back the 4G USB modem then can port out.

Can’t port out if you still under prime.

Have you checked out DIGI too for your home + mobile? You can get DIGI 60 postpaid with 15 off your home internet so RM 75 for 50mbps for 2 years.

I understand mental health can be a challenge, i too am jobless because of mental health, but my parents are rich and the most loving people ( touch wood ) so I have more space and time to get necessary help

I hope you are finding the help you need

Pm me if you need any info ❤️

xperiaDROID
post Jan 22 2022, 05:05 PM

K
3,773 posts

Any sifus here know if a phone still doesn't support VoLTE on a telco network, which side is responsible to solve this, the telco or the manufacturer?

There are two ppl that I know are using TCL Plex on U Mobile, but they still can't enable VoLTE yet. They tried contacting U Mobile, but CS told them to contact TCL instead, and then when they contact TCL, the CS said awaiting response from software department and then no reply from CS after 1 month.

Funny thing is that I heard other TCL Plex users on Unifi Mobile and Digi can get VoLTE, but not on U Mobile.

This post has been edited by xperiaDROID: Jan 22 2022, 05:06 PM
JLA
post Jan 22 2022, 08:40 PM

Regular
1,712 posts

QUOTE(xperiaDROID @ Jan 22 2022, 05:05 PM)
Any sifus here know if a phone still doesn't support VoLTE on a telco network, which side is responsible to solve this, the telco or the manufacturer?

There are two ppl that I know are using TCL Plex on U Mobile, but they still can't enable VoLTE yet. They tried contacting U Mobile, but CS told them to contact TCL instead, and then when they contact TCL, the CS said awaiting response from software department and then no reply from CS after 1 month.

Funny thing is that I heard other TCL Plex users on Unifi Mobile and Digi can get VoLTE, but not on U Mobile.
Alcatel TCL Plex runs on Android 9.0 (Pie) OS

Android 9.0 (Pie) OS manufacturer problem dont want update software
android 11 voLTE support ready inside android code.
No. Unifi Mobile not support volte

user posted image
zoixc
post Jan 22 2022, 08:46 PM

haha
1,312 posts

QUOTE(JLA @ Jan 22 2022, 08:40 PM)

user posted image
umobile don’t support volte ?
been using for few years already, current phone and previous phone also show volte
PJng
post Jan 22 2022, 09:18 PM

Look at all my stars!!
8,042 posts

QUOTE(zoixc @ Jan 22 2022, 08:46 PM)
umobile don’t support volte ?
been using for few years already, current phone and previous phone also show volte
Depend device, like my current old samsung tablet does not have volte using umobile
xperiaDROID
post Jan 23 2022, 12:36 PM

K
3,773 posts

QUOTE(JLA @ Jan 22 2022, 08:40 PM)

user posted image
If I'm not wrong, the phone went through 3 updates including Android 10 update and the last one enabled VoLTE for Unifi Mobile according to a user in the TCL Plex discussion thread though.

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/5003651/+20

But thank you for the explanation, it seems TCL phones should really be avoided at all costs for the terrible after sales support then. sad.gif

This post has been edited by xperiaDROID: Jan 23 2022, 12:39 PM
haturaya
post Jan 24 2022, 01:57 PM

Look at all my stars!!
Group Icon
Elite
2,073 posts

QUOTE(xperiaDROID @ Jan 22 2022, 05:05 PM)

Both

Manufacturer and telco need to enable /approve it. Then VoLTE will work (officially)
xperiaDROID
post Jan 25 2022, 12:25 PM

K
3,773 posts

QUOTE(haturaya @ Jan 24 2022, 01:57 PM)
Both

Manufacturer and telco need to enable /approve  it. Then VoLTE will work (officially)
I see, thank you for the explanation! biggrin.gif
PJng
post Jan 26 2022, 09:30 PM

Look at all my stars!!
8,042 posts

I'm aware there is few post about spam call
Now is me kena, everyday at random time will got those spam miss call
Does it will gone after some time?
azhar75
post Jan 26 2022, 09:39 PM

10k Club
All Stars
12,800 posts

QUOTE(PJng @ Jan 26 2022, 09:30 PM)
I'm aware there is few post about spam call
Now is me kena, everyday at random time will got those spam miss call
Does it will be gone after some time?
Within 14 days and also block those number(s) immediately using the stock dialer or 3rd party apps...
NF2M
post Jan 27 2022, 07:10 AM

Getting Started
216 posts

QUOTE(azhar75 @ Jan 26 2022, 09:39 PM)
Within 14 days and also block those number(s) immediately using the stock dialer or 3rd party apps...
Sometimes it's hard to block because the scammer's system normally would normally keep on changing the last few digits of the phone number.
azhar75
post Jan 27 2022, 07:17 AM

10k Club
All Stars
12,800 posts

QUOTE(NF2M @ Jan 27 2022, 07:10 AM)
Sometimes it's hard to block because the scammer's system normally would normally keep on changing the last few digits of the phone number.
The default Dialer has extreme feature to totally block "everything"...

user posted image

This post has been edited by azhar75: Jan 27 2022, 07:21 AM

368 Pages « < 350 351 352 353 354 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0260sec    0.18    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 17th May 2022 - 07:12 PM