Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Umobile Fans Club and Enquiries V11, Your Passion Drives Our Unlimited Ideas

views

brokenvday P
post Jul 13 2019, 01:09 PM

Group: Probation

Hi members,

Just wanted to share my experience on using GX30 Prepaid so far from UMobile.
As I've just moved back from Singapore, I was looking for a good affordable coverage and especially unlimited usage (comparing to what I used to have in SG) telco.

Results are based on my current location, Damansara Damai area:
1) Digi sucked real bad. Never can get full signal on Note 9 (H+ & 4G only). Keeps getting disconnected in PUBG depending where I sit in the room, download speeds were meh too, can't use much for browsing or downloads in the first place. (Was using RM4 - 400mb/7days validity + RM3 - 2gb/3days validity)
2) Celcom good coverage and insane speeds with unlimited cap BUT their promos sucked! Like RM1 - 1hour unlimited usage/no tethering, RM2 - 3hours etc. So if you're looking for long term usage, this is out of the picture. For big file downloads I would recommend the 1 to 24 hours unlimited speed *this depends where you live*
3) Maxis I didn't bother at all, everything pricey and the promos sucked. Like both worlds of bad put together.
4) UMobile at first I was very skeptical because when my friend came over, he was using UM, he said no line and coverage very bad. As per my reviews on top, I had no choice but to try UM seeing how my place doesn't have coverage for Unifi or TIME yet, only fking YTL broadband. I decided to give it a go. To my surprise! Coverage was good, always 4g (not 4g+, sometimes have but I don't rely on that too much as the other telcos also 4g only) in my room no matter where I sat. Browsing was fast, page loads quickly and even stream! Tested on PUBG Mobile, NO dc whatsoever and on voice my squad can hear my loud and clear.

Yes, the speeds are capped at 3mbps but what do you expect for RM30 only for unlimited data? Just a small comparison, in Singapore, SingTel charges Data X Infinite (unlimited usage), no cap on data for $50++ (RM150) and this is an add on on top of your base data which usually goes for $48++ (RM145++) <3gb base plan, unlimited calls, caller ID - need to plus $5 (RM15), yes in SG wanna see who call you also must pay>. So overall, I think UMobile FOR ME , is the best choice for my usage.

For Youtube, default is 480p but if you don't mind a little wait, just change option to 1080p, let it load then play for seamless streaming. If want everything fast, then DG150 lor.. but want cheap, fast and good coverage but don't want pay, need start your own telco already. I confirm join your service smile.gif

My opinions may change down the road since it's only a few days of usage for UM compared to DG but heck, it's much better than the others and what choice do I have? Going back to DG and their bad coverage? No thanks.

Below is screenshot of speeds in different locations around DD. In my room, where I use the most so far highest speed test is 15mbps downloads but using IDM, capped at 3mbps.

Speed test was done about an hour ago.

https://pictr.com/images/2019/07/13/5x2vLv.md.jpg
lambox105
post Jul 13 2019, 06:56 PM

Group: Newbie

QUOTE(brokenvday @ Jul 13 2019, 01:09 PM)
Hi members,
As I've just moved back from Singapore, I was looking for a good affordable coverage and especially unlimited usage (comparing to what I used to have in SG) telco.
1) Digi sucked real bad. Never can get full signal on Note 9 (H+ & 4G only). Keeps getting disconnected in PUBG depending where I sit in the room, download speeds were meh too, can't use much for browsing or downloads in the first place. (Was using RM4 - 400mb/7days validity + RM3 - 2gb/3days validity)
2) Celcom good coverage and insane speeds with unlimited cap BUT their promos sucked! Like RM1 - 1hour unlimited usage/no tethering, RM2 - 3hours etc. So if you're looking for long term usage, this is out of the picture. For big file downloads I would recommend the 1 to 24 hours unlimited speed *this depends where you live*
3) Maxis I didn't bother at all, everything pricey and the promos sucked. Like both worlds of bad put together.
4) UMobile at first I was very skeptical because when my friend came over, he was using UM, he said no line and coverage very bad. As per my reviews on top, I had no choice but to try UM seeing how my place doesn't have coverage for Unifi or TIME yet, only fking YTL broadband. I decided to give it a go. To my surprise! Coverage was good, always 4g (not 4g+, sometimes have but I don't rely on that too much as the other telcos also 4g only) in my room no matter where I sat. Browsing was fast, page loads quickly and even stream! Tested on PUBG Mobile, NO dc whatsoever and on voice my squad can hear my loud and clear.
Yes, the speeds are capped at 3mbps but what do you expect for RM30 only for unlimited data? Just a small comparison, in Singapore, SingTel charges Data X Infinite (unlimited usage), no cap on data for $50++ (RM150) and this is an add on on top of your base data which usually goes for $48++ (RM145++) <3gb base plan, unlimited calls, caller ID - need to plus $5 (RM15), yes in SG wanna see who call you also must pay>. So overall, I think UMobile FOR ME , is the best choice for my usage.
For Youtube, default is 480p but if you don't mind a little wait, just change option to 1080p, let it load then play for seamless streaming. If want everything fast, then DG150 lor.. but want cheap, fast and good coverage but don't want pay, need start your own telco already. I confirm join your service smile.gif
My opinions may change down the road since it's only a few days of usage for UM compared to DG but heck, it's much better than the others and what choice do I have? Going back to DG and their bad coverage? No thanks.
Below is screenshot of speeds in different locations around DD. In my room, where I use the most so far highest speed test is 15mbps downloads but using IDM, capped at 3mbps.
<a href='https://pictr.com/images/2019/07/13/5x2vLv.md.jpg' target='_blank'>https://pictr.com/images/2019/07/13/5x2vLv.md.jpg </a>
Enjoy while it lasts
ckimsem
post Jul 13 2019, 09:00 PM

Casual
Group: Junior Member

My U Mobile prepaid suddenly got RM5 deducted.
So, I called to UM helpline to check what the charges for. I was told it was because of some 3rd party SMSes that I subscribed online.
Then, I told the CS that I never subscribed to anything B4, and I wished to get a refund. The CS was very helpful to create a report for me.
Today, I got the refund. Well, UM CS is quite good. thumbup.gif

This post has been edited by ckimsem: Jul 13 2019, 09:01 PM
MNet
post Jul 14 2019, 11:48 AM

10k Club
Group: All Stars

I still cannot understand the iphone6s plan rm199.
https://www.u.com.my/devices/device-with-pl...bundle#iphone6s
*Existing customers who meet the eligibility criteria, upfront payment will be waived upon registration. New, Switch to U and non-eligible existing customers will be required to pay RM936 (P99:RM39x24 months) or RM1,128 (P139:RM47x24 months).

The website say the phone is RM199 if subscribe to P99 plan.
But why we still need to pay RM39 for 24 months?
idoblu
post Jul 14 2019, 04:38 PM

stars for sale

Anyone else facing credit share problems? Can’t share since this morning
I read some are facing this problem since yesterday
sinisterair
post Jul 15 2019, 12:10 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(MNet @ Jul 14 2019, 12:48 PM)
The website say the phone is RM199 if subscribe to P99 plan.
But why we still need to pay RM39 for 24 months?
I think the 39 is rebated back in the bill for another 24 months.
I may get it wrong though...
Skylinestar
post Jul 15 2019, 07:47 AM

Mega Duck
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(brokenvday @ Jul 13 2019, 01:09 PM)
Hi members,
<a href='https://pictr.com/images/2019/07/13/5x2vLv.md.jpg' target='_blank'>https://pictr.com/images/2019/07/13/5x2vLv.md.jpg </a>
GX30 gives me continuous upload packet loss of approx 5-15% in PUBG Lite.
jVIPERs2
post Jul 15 2019, 09:43 AM

LY.N Enthusiast

QUOTE(ckimsem @ Jul 13 2019, 09:00 PM)
My U Mobile prepaid suddenly got RM5 deducted.
So, I called to UM helpline to check what the charges for. I was told it was because of some 3rd party SMSes that I subscribed online.
Then, I told the CS that I never subscribed to anything B4, and I wished to get a refund. The CS was very helpful to create a report for me.
Today, I got the refund. Well, UM CS is quite good.  thumbup.gif
Wow, this might be the first compliment to UM CS team... laugh.gif
oxygen_
post Jul 15 2019, 10:26 AM

Getting Started

since astro go (website) use new interface / address, i notice the data not include in the video-onz anymore.. sad.gif
Rojak2u P
post Jul 16 2019, 09:44 AM

Group: Probation

Suddenly dced this morning. After reset settings all back to normal
MNet
post Jul 16 2019, 09:52 PM

10k Club

If mnp via their website, the sim card will deliver using normal post or pos laju?
al_madd
post Yesterday, 12:17 AM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(MNet @ Jul 16 2019, 09:52 PM)
If mnp via their website, the sim card will deliver using normal post or pos laju?
Normal post
@POTUS
post Yesterday, 08:22 AM

Getting Started

i received next day via gdex from KL to Sabah
judehow
post Yesterday, 09:31 AM

Look at all my stars!!

Me gdx
MNet
post Yesterday, 08:52 PM

10k Club

Can ask them to put into mailbox if i not at home?
theeastdevil
post Today, 08:34 AM

Getting Started

my phone has no network coverage..anyone facing the same?

76 Pages « < 74 75 76Top

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0735sec    1.54    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 18th July 2019 - 08:38 AM