Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Asus Modem

views

TSyapp
post Sep 22 2018, 11:54 PM, updated 6y ago

Getting Started
156 posts

I have been using the smae WiFi password for thr last 2 years and today i decided to change it. But i forgotten the router admin username and password ( i tried the default) so i decided to reset the..

Basically just press reset button for 60 second. Then, login to 192.168.1.1, to follow the quick internet configuration. Enter my TMnet streamyx username & password VPI 0 / VCI 35 PPPOE , configured my new WiFi ssid & password. Done
Weird thig happen now

The computer is connected to the router using ethernet cable but computer showing up unable access internet. Checked that computer using DHCP , received an IP 192.168.1.0 /24 range ip but ping 8.8.8.8 fail. Same as using a mobile device no internet access.

Verified that on the modem Internet led light blinking , ADSL led ON
So j login to the modem, on the main admin page it said that i'm connected to the internet and use the network tool do a ping test, results got i got 100% reply.

Configure a home modem should be easy, im i missing something?

Modem: Asus DSL-N12U_C1
Firm Version: 1.1.2.3_438
WebWalker
post Sep 23 2018, 11:40 AM

Computer Geek
All Stars
12,851 posts

Usually most modem/router keep a log file.

Access the log file and see what the problem it is having.

If wrong username/password (and you also forgot), then you need to call Unifi to reset your password.

p/s if you really can't resolve yourself, you can request Unifi to send their technician to help you out and of course you have to pay their fees.

This post has been edited by WebWalker: Sep 23 2018, 11:41 AM
netmatrix
post Sep 23 2018, 12:03 PM

The machine... it sees everything.
6,491 posts

I am almost certain you got your streamyx password wrong.
CyrusWong
post Sep 23 2018, 12:08 PM

Regular
1,626 posts

it's very very unusual to have ip given at 192.168.1.0, something not right at the lan or dhcp setting, try check out that section.

QUOTE(netmatrix @ Sep 23 2018, 12:03 PM)
I am almost certain you got your streamyx password wrong.
I am almost certain your answer wrong.

the main page of modem stated connected internet, and ping tool in the modem already did test and success, if pppoe id/pw wrong how come got internet doh.gif

This post has been edited by CyrusWong: Sep 23 2018, 12:12 PM
netmatrix
post Sep 23 2018, 12:25 PM

The machine... it sees everything.
6,491 posts

The computer is connected to the router using ethernet cable but computer showing up unable access internet. Checked that computer using DHCP , received an IP 192.168.1.0 /24 range ip but ping 8.8.8.8 fail. Same as using a mobile device no internet access.

QUOTE(CyrusWong @ Sep 23 2018, 12:08 PM)
it's very very unusual to have ip given at 192.168.1.0, something not right at the lan or dhcp setting, try check out that section.
I am almost certain your answer wrong.

the main page of modem stated connected internet, and ping tool in the modem already did test and success, if pppoe id/pw wrong how come got internet doh.gif
I'm answering to your first question, not the second one that makes no sense because it cancels out your first question. rolleyes.gif

You should check your pc lan adapter IP if you manually set & forget. Or you could call TM to check status that sometimes they need to reset because hang somehow.

Do you know that if you key in the old Streamyx password like tm123 or tmnet123, you would still get DNS, but it is not internet enabled? I kena before few times. You will get connection & DNS if you run ipconfig. But there would be no internet access. You cannot ping websites. Being able to ping modem, that that means nothing. End up call TM to retrieve/ reset password and then it works.
CyrusWong
post Sep 23 2018, 12:42 PM

Regular
1,626 posts

QUOTE(netmatrix @ Sep 23 2018, 12:25 PM)
I'm answering to your first question, not the second one that makes no sense because it cancels out your first question. rolleyes.gif
the ping tool in modem did ping test from within the modem, not from client pc.

btw on the second half you mentioned, thanks for remind, if id format wrong, can lead to this

last time i key in id without the @streamyx (full id XXXXX@streamyx), ended up connected no internet.

anyhow, TS pls attach your modem system log here, might can help us better at identify your problem. If you are urgent just go nearest TMpoint.

This post has been edited by CyrusWong: Sep 23 2018, 01:02 PM
squall0833
post Sep 23 2018, 01:05 PM

Regular
1,444 posts

QUOTE(yapp @ Sep 22 2018, 11:54 PM)
thats unusual

something is not right at dhcp

valid ip address should be 192.168.1.2-254

and 192.168.1.1 is your router / defaut gateway

AND

If you got ur streamyx password wrong, or (if account suspended due to bill overdue unpaid)

your internet ip shown in router should be 172.x.x.x thats the ip address without internet

so you can tell if ur streamyx password is correct or not by this

if your internet ip address is something else other than 172.x.x.x, that part is fine

most likely is ur DHCP got problem assigning ip address

might need to reset ur router again and reconfigure

also make sure ur network adapter on ur pc is set as "Auto assign ip address"

This post has been edited by squall0833: Sep 23 2018, 01:09 PM

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0115sec    0.44    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:36 PM