Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Honda City Gen 6.0/6.1 V10

views

grinnfrownin
post Sep 24 2018, 09:13 PM

44 posts

QUOTE(tridibsahabd @ Sep 24 2018, 11:15 AM)
Went for service today and found out the wiper cap is missing/stolen. Happened to anyone else? Who steals wiper caps?
Anyone can steal, from other honda users to bikers to mat rempit.

Solution: Super glue the shit out your wiper.

If lost, you can get cheapo rm 1 rm 2 cover at hardware shop at sell circular rubber cover. Forgot the sizing but I bought 4 and 5 and kept few in my car.
Lost my cap in East state, and replace, glue..So far still havent been stolen yet. And I can easily replace if some ass do take it.
grinnfrownin
post Sep 24 2018, 10:43 PM

44 posts

QUOTE(mushigen @ Sep 24 2018, 10:27 PM)
Lol, I avoided my ori cap from being stolen by replacing them with el cheapo plastic cap from ACE. Purposely chose white colour to make them less attractive.
The original caps are used to cover the exposed bolt of the front seat rails. [attachmentid=10037105]
Bro, if I'm a mat rempit high on walter's white blue stuff washed down with ketum laced with rat poison oso I would not bother taking yours. That's ugly as sin.

Anyway seeing that anycast made me wanna try out phone connect via hdmi dongle and brake bypass for my pre-FL honda v spec. Proper videos exist n seemingly easy to be done. First page only have business card pic and video for software bypass, and the phonelink software bypass also need to be bought. confused.gif
Dont show me that, show me what cable to buy and how to do. Whatever, Imma do it. doh.gif
grinnfrownin
post Sep 26 2018, 03:36 PM

44 posts

QUOTE(babylon52281 @ Sep 26 2018, 01:33 PM)
Can ownself install but not so easy. Easiest way is to remove the HU and do the connections from the back. There are 2 connectors that you need to disconnect and re-connect with bypass cable.

Another way is to go thru the glove compartment area. Here is how I did it https://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopi...post&p=86142546
That's very surprising. I order a cable and impatiently waiting for it, and I 100% plan to just do it through the glove box. Looks very simple.
So many TV series unwatched waiting to be watched.
grinnfrownin
post Sep 29 2018, 03:06 PM

44 posts

Bypass work with cable bought from shopee (oso available on lazada). Looks simple but annoying to allign the sockets. Put towel on the edges.
The miracast works but since 3g need shutoff to use wifi, decided to just use usb drive for the HU. Atlast the miracast can replace my hdmi cable, more convenient.
Forgot to take after done-work because drenched in sweat.
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

This post has been edited by grinnfrownin: Sep 29 2018, 03:11 PM
grinnfrownin
post Oct 4 2018, 01:47 PM

44 posts

QUOTE(Kilohertz @ Oct 4 2018, 08:08 AM)
I agree with you, city v is well equipped except for rear disc brake.. not sure why Honday Msia removed it  doh.gif
Reduce cost, biasa lah.
Including the new HU for FL...Apart from cost, why would they change the ports from nicely placed at bottom to top, beside steering?
Face lift and maintain price, they cut back on certain stuff. But cannot say all bad, at least FL owner got paddle shifts. Leather seat oso got rite?
grinnfrownin
post Oct 13 2018, 01:14 PM

44 posts

QUOTE(nordingh @ Oct 12 2018, 11:59 PM)
Just finish installed bypass to another Pre-FL V Spec after owner used the car for 3 years. He say the HU not so good until I show him how I use the HU in my way. 30 minutes after thathe  pull back what he say before.
Can u tell us what you tell your customer? I would oso like to know the full extend of HU?
grinnfrownin
post Nov 3 2018, 11:04 PM

44 posts

QUOTE(legendaryNOKIA @ Nov 3 2018, 07:16 PM)
Hi sifu, new to city group, let's say i change modulo bodykit at outside shop. They will remove the bumper and fix a skirting. What will happen to the original bumper?

Original

[attachmentid=10095572]

Modulo

[attachmentid=10095573]
Well, you get an extra bumper. Or if you like the original, just mention you want bodykit minus the modulo bumper. Shops always have parts separately, or find one that can.

This post has been edited by grinnfrownin: Nov 3 2018, 11:06 PM
grinnfrownin
post Nov 11 2018, 07:38 AM

44 posts

QUOTE(babylon52281 @ Nov 11 2018, 02:10 AM)
Handbrake bypass cable to view video display while on the move
https://www.lazada.com.my/products/honda-ci...cHA3pf&search=1
Psa for pre face lifted owners, our bypass cable not this model. It has one cable only like I posted last time. Worth installing.

Any other stuff useful for the car? Like any recommendation for anti dust HU screen cover?
grinnfrownin
post Nov 19 2018, 06:46 PM

44 posts

QUOTE(legendaryNOKIA @ Nov 19 2018, 05:05 PM)
Hi sifus, My SA asked me to buy USB to HDMI/Lightning to HDMI to mirror my phone to the HU. Are below cables working?

https://www.lazada.com.my/products/ugreen-u...m0cJMg&search=1

https://www.lazada.com.my/products/plug-pla...j4OOrQ&search=1
Before you buy anything, you should install bypass cable for hud so video runs when hand brake lowered. After install, test with usb drive first the think about buying these accessory to mirror phone.
grinnfrownin
post Dec 2 2018, 12:01 AM

44 posts

QUOTE(WhiteFlag @ Nov 30 2018, 10:02 PM)
will replace car battery outside void car warranty?
no...unless you're asking about the hybrid battery in the boot, then check your warranty book if its covered or not.
grinnfrownin
post Jan 9 2019, 01:05 AM

44 posts

QUOTE(MasBoleh! @ Jan 9 2019, 12:55 AM)
Disappointed with Honda Centre.

They said can't claim warranty due to probably some stone hit and caused it.

But they can touch up it , unfortunately because the colour no longer in production, so they don't have the paint to touch up.

Then they said they can't do anything on my issue.  sweat.gif
Get ezy touch up paint. Can settle quickly and the complete set not that expensive. Can use multiple times. I've had several scratches in front from stones.
grinnfrownin
post Jan 11 2019, 05:44 PM

44 posts

QUOTE(aregip @ Jan 11 2019, 11:12 AM)
Oo i See.. if you use it often, then the battery life will getting shorter..

I change it outside.. Using Amaron Hi-Life NS40.. Price RM240 including delivery and installation..

My advice is don't wait until your battery kong.. Otherwise, you have to jump start or towing to SC..

There is case that one of my friend's terminal battery damage during jumping.. Cost around RM 200 if not mistaken.. Luckily he can get claim from Honda because the person who wrongly jumper his car is from HIP..

and 1 of my friends said that his friend's honda city push start button kong because of jumper..

So, if you want to jumper, still can, but make sure do it correctly..

Since i got the symptom, i straight away change the battery.. sweat.gif
This century no need worry about battery kong. Shopee/lazada got sell powerbank that can jump start cars and it had helped me and colleagues numerous times. No more bulky jumper cable.
Black to negative, then red to positive. On switch, start car. So far done this 5 times due to emergency.
Price varies on shopee, last time only rm110 without air pump.

user posted image
grinnfrownin
post Jan 12 2019, 01:50 PM

44 posts

QUOTE(babylon52281 @ Jan 11 2019, 09:19 PM)
Do you have a brand of that you might recommend? I see some reviews mentioned the battery was already bulging at first time starting the car. Quite scary considering even handphone sized battery can already kill people, whatmore this.
Unfortunately even the brand I got no longer in shopee circulation. Cannot really recommend particular brand, just ha e to trust shopee/lazada reviews score.

Here is my old one: https://shopee.com.my/freemankhing/17818609...3cd7a339170da9a

Just get one priced around 120 ish and you should be fine. Then sell the jumper cable as scrap copper.

Also Google around and you'll find opinions that using battery pack instead of connecting cables from other car to be safer and reduce jump start voltage damage.

This post has been edited by grinnfrownin: Jan 12 2019, 02:00 PM
grinnfrownin
post Jan 12 2019, 02:26 PM

44 posts

QUOTE(dickybird @ Jan 12 2019, 02:11 PM)
Thanks.
I'll keep the jumper cables in the not just in case, if the power bank has lost its charge. No issues keeping the power bank in your car with the heat of parking in our weather?
Power bank jump start stored in original case place at spare tyre compartment. Fews months it's been there and no bulging, so far so good.

Yes power banks in car is risky. So is sugar and Netflix. I'll take my chances over a stalled car any day.
grinnfrownin
post Jan 26 2019, 10:50 PM

44 posts

QUOTE(TrollNoob @ Jan 26 2019, 10:23 PM)
Sorry. What does the meter 0 - 15 - 30 indicator for?
Your fuel efficiency at current drive moment. example you step the throttle/gas pedal and maintain that foot for 5 minits, say the indicator shows 20km/l, it means for a liter of gas you can go 20km.
grinnfrownin
post May 19 2019, 05:19 AM

44 posts

Anyone service their city air con? Is it at Honda sc or outside? Mine about to reach 100k and thinking of doing. Gonna give sc a call and ask for price first but Ive no idea what the service entails or what we really require.
grinnfrownin
post May 27 2019, 05:17 AM

44 posts

QUOTE(Noblish @ May 26 2019, 11:23 PM)
Hi guys, how much does honda normally charge for minor and major service
My 80k = 978

My 90k = 381
grinnfrownin
post Jun 11 2019, 07:42 AM

44 posts

QUOTE(nrchy @ Jun 10 2019, 05:10 PM)
Does anyone know of any good body and paint shop in Setapak / KL area?
My City got knocked on the sides and Honda BP quoted about RM1000 for the repair and respray of the small section. Kinda crazy...

user posted image
user posted image
Can try road master automotive. Been there for light touch up. They're fast on the job (maybe because I didnt claim my insurance) but i cant say on the price.
I seen plenty of car in accident end in there for repairs, and the insurance cover those cars.
grinnfrownin
post Jun 15 2019, 09:39 AM

44 posts

QUOTE(nordingh @ Jun 14 2019, 11:00 PM)
Yes can if you go to the right accessories shop.

Pre-FL HU also support rear camera but with add-ons controller, my 2014 car have rear and front camera now.

In gear R, showing reverse camera, go to other gear position will automatically showing front camera for 20 seconds or there is a button to ON the rear camera for 20secs anytime you want.

Auto front camera kits I using on Honda.
[attachmentid=10264385]

I also have this one to be used with another car.

[attachmentid=10264387]
How much it cost for this? Was thinking about adding front sensor instead of camera but haven't decided yet.
grinnfrownin
post Jun 19 2019, 12:01 PM

44 posts

QUOTE(zangief @ Jun 19 2019, 06:36 AM)
hi all, may i ask what could be the reason for side mirror not folding? (driver's side)

how much does it cost for repair, or replacement?

thanks.
Wiring or connector maybe? Send to honda SC for repairs or if want faster, outside mechanic for checking.

Replacement I did last time was rm750 for replacing one whole side mirror, got torn off. Did out outside shop.

2 Pages  1 2 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.4040sec    0.75    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:38 PM