Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Honda City Gen 6.0/6.1 V10

views

darkcurves
post Jan 28 2019, 11:54 AM

Enthusiast
748 posts

Is there a solution to the rattling dashboard from driver side? Getting bad to worse and is loud enough to be annoying even to passengers.
darkcurves
post Jan 28 2019, 02:44 PM

Enthusiast
748 posts

QUOTE(NinjaGaiden @ Jan 28 2019, 12:34 PM)
Its a package from Honda Malaysia... laugh.gif

Btw me oso got the rattling sound from Dashboard and door... sweat.gif
4.6 years old car...
Sigh, i have another 8 years to go before loan habis.

QUOTE(babylon52281 @ Jan 28 2019, 02:37 PM)
Have you gotten the infamous steering column sound checked and rectified? If yes, you may need to test drive with SC pomen to diagnose where the sound comes from and get them to repair it.
Owh, i never got that checked. Is it a recall? Now my brakes are also squealing. I complained at HZN express, they ask me to make appointment with normal HZN to claim warranty.

QUOTE(TrollNoob @ Jan 28 2019, 02:39 PM)
Sampai office later want to buy online the dummy seat belt cuck.

Wife don't use the seat belt when breastfeed.

Bising la the car.
Yes bro, very noisy till it gets really annoying. Regret abit buying a Honda.
darkcurves
post Jan 28 2019, 03:16 PM

Enthusiast
748 posts

QUOTE(8sg9ft @ Jan 28 2019, 03:11 PM)
Road safety bukan budaya kita, unfortunately. A mindset which has to change obviously.
I do grab sometimes and some passengers refuse to wesr seatbelts. They ask me to get that clip which stops making the warning sound. I am more worried if i sudden brake and your face is all smashed up on my glass.
darkcurves
post Jan 28 2019, 03:25 PM

Enthusiast
748 posts

QUOTE(8sg9ft @ Jan 28 2019, 03:22 PM)
Haih, sad to see a lot of Malaysians still have the tidak apa attitude. And that's sitting in the front seat some more.

As a driver, you can report your passengers, right?
I do report after the ride but not sure what action does Grab take.
darkcurves
post Jun 10 2019, 10:08 AM

Enthusiast
748 posts

My City is so noisy compared to even bezza. Any way i can reduce the road noise and vibration? I remember someone posted photos here of adding sound proofing material on the floor but cant find. Will that help?

By the way, i drove previous gen city (9 year old) and the car was so much more quiet and comfortable compared to my 1 year old city. Really cannot believe how bad Honda has become.
darkcurves
post Jun 10 2019, 10:30 AM

Enthusiast
748 posts

QUOTE(WhiteFlag @ Jun 10 2019, 10:22 AM)
i drove my friend pre FL version, it is noticeably quieter than the latest gen. i also dont know why
I think they cut cost by removing sound proofing materials. Also previous gen seems to have softer suspensions. My city so bumpy till my pregnant sis in law cannot tahan, ask me u turn and take her altis, hahahhaa. Sedih betul, sigh.
darkcurves
post Jun 10 2019, 11:17 PM

Enthusiast
748 posts

QUOTE(babylon52281 @ Jun 10 2019, 04:09 PM)
FL is cut cost variant. Sound proofing quality is reduced, paint layer is thinner than tissue paper, clearcoat layer more softer/sensitive than baby skin, door panels so thin that other car open door can dent it, touchscreen HU downgraded from good preFL Vspec, no more cabin theft sensor, even freaking temp gauge has reduce LED light from 2 to 1 (blue engine cool LED is removed)!  doh.gif

Just accept it and live with the car lor.
Trying my best to live with it but the loud cabin noise is unbearable at times. 😢
darkcurves
post Jun 11 2019, 08:28 AM

Enthusiast
748 posts

QUOTE(ppfoong @ Jun 10 2019, 02:56 PM)
You can look for sh0rty5 in this forum for the fix.

Sound proofing is the way:
1. Roof sound proof - if you feel noisy when it rains.
2. 4 doors sound proof - if you feel noisy from outside vehicles, particularly motorcycles.
3. Boot and floor sound proof - if you feel noisy from wheels.
Bro, have you tried it for reducing road noise? Does it really work?

This post has been edited by darkcurves: Jun 11 2019, 08:28 AM
darkcurves
post Jun 11 2019, 11:42 AM

Enthusiast
748 posts

QUOTE(ppfoong @ Jun 11 2019, 10:46 AM)
I have done 1,2 but not 3.

Noise greatly reduced. Sunlight heat also reduced with roof insulation. Door rattling sound gone after inside cushioned by a layer of material.

Now still got some road noise. Normal road is OK. Certain highway road paved by concrete will produce loud noise.
So there is hope 😍. How much did it cost you?
darkcurves
post Jun 11 2019, 02:30 PM

Enthusiast
748 posts

QUOTE(ppfoong @ Jun 11 2019, 02:16 PM)
Exact figure can't remember.

For roof is 1 layer sound damper (gold series) + 1 layer heat insulation. A few hundred.

For doors is 2 layers sound damper (silver series) + 1 layer soundproof foam. A few hundred. Without the foam, it is OK for noise from cars passing by, but still noisy when those high CC motorcycles passing.

The bottom part I've seen people doing there, also using gold series damper. There are 2 sections: the trunk area, and the cabin floor. This one also a few hundred. To install on the cabin floor, they need to remove all your car seats.

They have different type of material to choose. Some cheaper some more expensive.

If want to do all of them using recommended material, I think will be above 2 thousand.
Tq for the info bro.

darkcurves
post Jun 13 2019, 07:02 AM

Enthusiast
748 posts

QUOTE(Michaelbyz23 @ Jun 12 2019, 09:10 PM)
Upcoming new generation Honda City spotted in Thailand.
Any how, I am no longer comfortable with Honda CKD quality control anymore.
So many rattling and buzzing noises in my 1.5month old FL V spec. Quite disappointed despite loving my car.

user posted image
user posted image
Yep, no more Honda for me as well, really lost trust in their brand. How about the Hybrid City? Same rattling issue as well?
darkcurves
post Jun 13 2019, 01:09 PM

Enthusiast
748 posts

QUOTE(Volt @ Jun 13 2019, 09:25 AM)
So far, my 10 months old city hybrid is working properly and doesn't have noticeable rattling. Didn't experience any problem but IMHO I'm a bit disappointed with the exterior finish. You can see the ugly welding at obvious area and the body panel is a bit loose especially on the front and the back bumper. Oh ya I also hate the trunk without proper dumper. It always close hard if you aren't careful.

As a ex proton suprima owner, I actually aspect a lil bit more from honda. The overall quality isn't that far from proton. The only thing that set it a part from proton is the after sale service. Proton services is still the worse.
Count your blessings bro. My e spec rattling since day 1. Dashboard rattle so loud. People who take a ride with me always ask why the car so noisy. Sometimes i just prefer to take my wife's myvi to work, hahaha.
darkcurves
post Jul 25 2019, 12:35 AM

Enthusiast
748 posts

Sent my car to SC to fix the rattling sound from the dashboard. Same time i mention to them to check my brakes coz keeps squealing whenever i brake abit harder. They manage to pinpoint the rattling sound to B-Pillar. Thats what the mechanic and service advisor told me but i believe they mistaken A pillar as B-pillar. Next they told me that my disc brake need to skim and its free but before that I have to change my brakepads for RM550. I really find it weird why 1 year old car need to skim discbrake. My previous car had this issue only after 7 years. They wont skim the disc till i change the brakepads. Am i being given bad advice?

This post has been edited by darkcurves: Jul 25 2019, 12:36 AM

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
darkcurves
post Jul 25 2019, 12:08 PM

Enthusiast
748 posts

QUOTE(babylon52281 @ Jul 25 2019, 12:46 AM)
Lolz! I don't think outside skim will cost you RM550. So think which is more cost beneficial to you lor.
Sigh, if skim outside then no warranty. Atleast the rattling sound is no more, car feels so much more quieter.
darkcurves
post Jan 9 2020, 05:10 AM

Enthusiast
748 posts

What brake pads are you guys using? When i ask SC they charging RM550 for brake pads. Crazy.

I saw this brand Bendix on Lazada, has anyone used it before?
darkcurves
post Jan 9 2020, 07:56 AM

Enthusiast
748 posts

QUOTE(cempedaklife @ Jan 9 2020, 07:40 AM)
Bendix no, no, and no.
Try akebono.
Bendix that bad?

I cant find Akebono for our city on lazada. Is it a common brand at sparepart shops?

This post has been edited by darkcurves: Jan 9 2020, 07:56 AM
darkcurves
post Jan 9 2020, 06:32 PM

Enthusiast
748 posts

What about Frixa brand? I thought cheap China brand but actually owned by Hankook.
darkcurves
post Jan 14 2020, 07:51 PM

Enthusiast
748 posts

QUOTE(gloomberg @ Jan 14 2020, 04:53 PM)
Hi guys, just got my car. Not even 150km, brake got hiss noise. Like the one made by old Myvi car... Sarahan siapa?
Ive been having that since day 1. I complain to SC but they say is normal. Even my old nissan sunny made no noise la 🤦🏾‍♂️.
darkcurves
post Jan 15 2020, 12:11 AM

Enthusiast
748 posts

QUOTE(gloomberg @ Jan 15 2020, 12:01 AM)
Problem 2, rattling noise at driver side dashboard. Sarahan siapa kali ni...
Can be fixed at sc. Make separate appointment.
darkcurves
post Jan 15 2020, 12:57 AM

Enthusiast
748 posts

QUOTE(gloomberg @ Jan 15 2020, 12:21 AM)
Just read a bunch of reviews, apparently lack of foam in the plastic parts... But other than that, I'm good with the performance. Only thing is CVT feels a bit lain than AT, how to describe, it's like not all the way when u tekan minyak
Yeah, very bad soundproofing as well. So far i drove 70k, its powerful and fuel consumption is really awesome.

2 Pages  1 2 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.3247sec    0.58    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:58 AM