Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Honda City Gen 6.0/6.1 V10

views

aregip
post Sep 21 2018, 10:38 AM

Getting Started
124 posts

QUOTE(babylon52281 @ Sep 20 2018, 07:51 PM)
First!  Oh wait...
Hye bro.. today in Facebook i saw 1 Chinese person sell the used Mc intosh tweeter (half cut).. when i look at into the tweeter, the tweeter got male and female socket on it.. so i think maybe the tweeter just pnp directly with the speaker and power supply.. RM 100 also..
aregip
post Sep 21 2018, 06:07 PM

Getting Started
124 posts

QUOTE(babylon52281 @ Sep 21 2018, 06:01 PM)
drool.gif  drool.gif  drool.gif  drool.gif Need to do any mods to the door panel side to fit in the tweeters?

Mai, come lets open bulk buy for tweeters with gsan!
1. babylon52281 - 1pair
i'm probably in.. hihi.. already contact gsan personally.. hehe
aregip
post Sep 25 2018, 02:45 PM

Getting Started
124 posts

Regarding wiper cap, what I do is every time i go to Honda SC, i will remove it and put in my pocket because I noticed the cap sometimes being stolen by them and ask us to purchase another one..

Then, if i park my car at open place i.e. near motorcycle parking, i will remove it also.. So far my method save my wiper cap until now.. hehe

i think no need to put glue or replace it with chair / table cap.. For me i dont like it..

This post has been edited by aregip: Sep 25 2018, 02:46 PM
aregip
post Sep 25 2018, 02:57 PM

Getting Started
124 posts

QUOTE(mushigen @ Sep 25 2018, 02:50 PM)
I thought the service advisor will indicate on the service form with a tick if your wiper caps are intact? I wonder what happens if they put a tick there and you find the caps missing.

Your method of preserving the caps is so extreme  biggrin.gif . Hats off to you.
No matter they tick or jot down or remark whatever, i will still remove it.. whistling.gif

its far away better than put glue or chair cap.. icon_rolleyes.gif
aregip
post Sep 25 2018, 05:35 PM

Getting Started
124 posts

QUOTE(sonicmaster @ Sep 25 2018, 05:18 PM)
Because the wiper cap suits their bolt nut?
Yes.. that why wiper cap being stolen by motorcyclist.. it is not valuable thing but it valued to them.. hahaha

Like our kids time, stolen car air valve cap and put at our bicycle.. for them, it will look really nice.. For us, *^*(^(^*&%**$&$ sweat.gif

Just follow my method.. if feel not safe, remove it.. later put it back.. For info, SC sell 1 wiper cap around RM 8.00++

This post has been edited by aregip: Sep 25 2018, 05:37 PM
aregip
post Oct 10 2018, 04:51 PM

Getting Started
124 posts

QUOTE(tonYe @ Oct 10 2018, 04:40 PM)
Thanks. Kinda sad that we actually have to buy something just to use navi apps on the HU.
I prefer to use my phone for Google Map instead of buying bypass cable.. Really not worth it.. need to connect la, got wire here and there la.. Plus during daytime, our HU can't see it clearly..
aregip
post Oct 10 2018, 05:13 PM

Getting Started
124 posts

QUOTE(babylon52281 @ Oct 10 2018, 04:57 PM)
When you start using it, you will quickly find that FL HU is pure crap. An FM radio with USB function tacked onto a low res LCD screen for reverse camera purpose only, packaged into a 2-DIN casing.

The audio fidelity is crap, the video play is limited hence crap, the extended functionality (CD, Navi, smart connect) is near non existent also crap, the bluetooth function is totally crap (it has to cycle thru my contacts every time I connect b4 I can speeddial, WTF!), the only saving grace is the HDMI port which enable mirroring.

If ur the fussy kind, you will want to change it cuz it performs like a crappy Rm100 Made-in-China player. And even that crappy China player would have more functions than this pure crap HU.
haha.. 200% agreed with you.. bloody cheaper HU with screen.. Suppose they just maintain the GM6 PreFL HU instead of upgraded it.. The only reason why i can still live with it is their reverse camera only.. Maybe one day i will upgrade it..

No worth it spend money buying bypass cable and hdmi cable for the sake of google map or watch video.. if its can act like Android Auto, then ok la.. Low resolution, slow response.. Better use our phone..
aregip
post Oct 11 2018, 02:55 PM

Getting Started
124 posts

QUOTE(tonYe @ Oct 11 2018, 02:27 PM)
That makes sense. I guess the HU is not anti-reflection also. The only problem I have with using the navi app on phone is that the phone holders I buy keep getting loose or breaks after a few months.
Maybe the HU position is not good.. or, maybe correct you said that there is no anti-reflection.. Regarding phone holder, i bought at Mr. Diy for 5.6 inch phone.. So far so good.. the rubber on the suction is sticky one instead of hard rubber.. around RM 13.. Its very good..

QUOTE(vvip @ Oct 11 2018, 02:34 PM)
Suddenly kinda regret of getting E spec as the HU is kinda sucky... More than 6k diff btw E and S
Really meh u regret..??

For me, E spec is really good because you got back aircond, paddle shift, auto cruise, 2 extra airbag and lousy HU with 3 view reverse camera..

its not add RM 6k for upgrading from normal radio to lousy HU only.. got lot of extra there.. and those extra really good you know..

you can just change android HU around RM 500-700..
aregip
post Oct 22 2018, 11:37 AM

Getting Started
124 posts

QUOTE(safe118 @ Oct 19 2018, 04:39 PM)
Hi guys, anyone experience squeaking sound from the back side of the car like "nget nget" while crossing speed hump or uneven roads. Its the latest city. Is it the rear suspension problem? Any idea what is the problem? tq
QUOTE(safe118 @ Oct 19 2018, 08:40 PM)
Yes bro, same problem as yours. It happened recently. My car is also less than 1/2 yr.

Any solution?
It also happened to me last time.. Its from rear seat lock.. what you need to do is put tapes on it and later on if you go to SC, ask them to tight up the nut.. Settle!!
aregip
post Oct 24 2018, 05:36 PM

Getting Started
124 posts

QUOTE(dman @ Oct 24 2018, 04:41 PM)
Today went to SC for 90k service but they didn't change air filter for me which 90k service should change.

Anyone knows where can i get AIR CLEANER ELEMENT/ Air filter for our city? Any link?
Maybe your air filter still clean, so they didn't change it.. Sometimes i also skip to change air filter and aircond filter because every 3,000km - 5000km i will clean it myself.

So it will extend the lifespan of those filters.. I can save my money instead of i purchase those filters outside..
aregip
post Oct 24 2018, 05:58 PM

Getting Started
124 posts

QUOTE(dman @ Oct 24 2018, 05:43 PM)
No time to go back and complain. Maybe next service will complain to them then.
At first i thought like u so I took out my air filter to see see look look and discover it's quite dirty!

So i tepuk tepuk the filter to let the dust out and now looking for outside air filter as definitely will be much cheaper than sc.
As far as i know, in order to keep warranty valid, we MUST follow the service as per Maintenance Schedule in the HM Website..

That means, you are require to change the air filter and air cond filter in SC.. whatever maintenance that did not stated in the Schedule, it is an OPTIONAL..

So if let say you didnt change the air filter in SC during service as per schedule (you change it outside / or during service you change the original and after service change back to aftermarket / didnt change it at all) and there is problem with your aircond, then they may charge you for not change the aircond filter (based on record) and probably your warranty on aircond will be void..

aregip
post Oct 25 2018, 11:01 AM

Getting Started
124 posts

QUOTE(abc7177 @ Oct 25 2018, 09:48 AM)
Its the first car registered under my name, so got 0% NCD...
So this price is normal right?
For the 1st year, your insurance will be included in your hire purchase loan..
aregip
post Nov 1 2018, 03:03 PM

Getting Started
124 posts

QUOTE(tailangong @ Nov 1 2018, 02:54 PM)
Anyone changed car battery from Honda? They quoted me rm255 for the car battery.
Is it wise to change from Honda or change at outside?
Won't void any warranty or any impact on the car right?
you can change it outside but don't jumper your car.. if your battery kong, ask HIP to towing your car to SC and change it in SC..

if got sign your battery will kong soon, you can change it outside..

As far as i know, there are some cases whereby the terminal battery and push start button kaput due to jumper.. cost of terminal battery in SC around RM 200..

aregip
post Nov 1 2018, 03:14 PM

Getting Started
124 posts

QUOTE(tailangong @ Nov 1 2018, 03:06 PM)
Thanks. But I read online that when u changed battery u need to reset the ecu. Not sure if it is true. I assume u guys don't have any issue after changed your battery?
In the case that your battery kong, u need to jumper your car first before changing your battery.. Otherwise you need to reset your ECU again at SC..

but the problem is jumper MAY cause your terminal battery kaput.. in other case, their push start button got problem.. If the case happen, you cannot claim warranty..

the best way is just call HIP and ask them to towing to SC to replace car battery.. Yes, some people says that there is no problem change it outside or jumper the car.. but if come to problem, terminal battery will cost you RM 200++..

aregip
post Jan 10 2019, 05:53 PM

Getting Started
124 posts

QUOTE(ycgoh123 @ Jan 10 2019, 09:27 AM)
just found out another problem recently. normally the abs module will kick in at 40kmh. now when i start the ignition (i dunno what it called, i mean i press the button without press the brake pedal first) then i start it and i go, there is a weird sound come in before 40kmh, i guess it is the abs kick in earlier. but when i start the car directly, the abs is normal.
lol. why my car seems got so many problem
it's happen to me before.. its because of your battery healthy getting low.. CONFIRMED!! it will sound at 20kmj (noticeable), 40kmj (sound very slow) and at 60kmj (sound very slow)..

After i changed the battery, sound back to normal 40kmj.. So be prepared t change your car battery.. no need to worry.. biggrin.gif

aregip
post Jan 11 2019, 10:16 AM

Getting Started
124 posts

QUOTE(ycgoh123 @ Jan 11 2019, 10:04 AM)
wow now got one have the same experience with my case. before 40kmh loud sound with delay like u open the old light in the house. then 40kmh and 60kmh very low sound.
my battery just around 1 year. seems like i need to change it faster than i expected. i thot can last around 1 year half.
thanks for your reply bro at least now i can be less worry. will see the battery percent during my service this month.  sweat.gif  thumbsup.gif
Ya, 200% confirmed your battery need to be replaced soon.. sweat.gif

It's start happened when my car around 11 months.. Before this, I also do some research on this symptom in this Forum and Facebook.. But still don't get the answer.. I have tried to bring it to SC and they said it's normal even though the normal ABS kick in should be on 40km/j.. Since the SA said as long as there is no indicator, then it's normal.. bangwall.gif bangwall.gif

No matter, i have to live with it.. I just assume it's because of the battery because everything looks normal.. Ngam2 1 year 3 months, my car start a bit hard to start, so i just straight away change the battery (because some of my friend's car battery start kong exactly 1 year and 3 month)..

After i changed it, the ABS kick in back to normal 40kmj.. So luckily my assumption is true.. sweat.gif sweat.gif

So, for those who have similar situation like me, it's confirmed battery will kong soon.. Better change it..

p/s: Maybe moderator can put some notes on early abs modulator kick in.. dont know who incharge.. sweat.gif
aregip
post Jan 11 2019, 10:35 AM

Getting Started
124 posts

QUOTE(ycgoh123 @ Jan 11 2019, 10:29 AM)
first i notice this problem is around dec. ngam same is 11 months also. i thot is because i long time no start the car. then second time i thot is because i long time no start the car also. then third time yesterday happen again and this time confirm is not because i long time no start the car because i drive it to work previous day.  laugh.gif
then i change it during service this month bah.  sweat.gif
To be frank, the original battery not long lasting.. I have done survey (because i join honda city club) and the stock battery can last around 1 year to 1 year 3 months.. if you always drive long distance, then it can last 1 year and 6 months or maybe more..
aregip
post Jan 11 2019, 11:12 AM

Getting Started
124 posts

QUOTE(ycgoh123 @ Jan 11 2019, 10:59 AM)
i using dashcam and charge phone alot before. you change your battery outside or sc?
Oo i See.. if you use it often, then the battery life will getting shorter..

I change it outside.. Using Amaron Hi-Life NS40.. Price RM240 including delivery and installation..

My advice is don't wait until your battery kong.. Otherwise, you have to jump start or towing to SC..

There is case that one of my friend's terminal battery damage during jumping.. Cost around RM 200 if not mistaken.. Luckily he can get claim from Honda because the person who wrongly jumper his car is from HIP..

and 1 of my friends said that his friend's honda city push start button kong because of jumper..

So, if you want to jumper, still can, but make sure do it correctly..

Since i got the symptom, i straight away change the battery.. sweat.gif
aregip
post Jun 13 2019, 06:01 PM

Getting Started
124 posts

QUOTE(CoolCatToM @ Jun 13 2019, 10:48 AM)
Hi guys, I have a Honda City 2014 V spec, and I think I'm having problem with my ABS module 40km/h noise.

My car is 3.5 year old and only recently, it started to "initialize" the noise at 20 km/h or 60 km/h. Whenever it "initializes" at 20 or 60 km/h, the noise will "truuueemmmmmm", not "truuuukkk". The noise will drag and it's unlike during 40km/h.

Wondering is there anyone facing this issue?
Its happened to me before, City FL 2017.. i can confirmed it's because of your car battery.. I already made some research before, nothing wrong to ABS system.. Your car battery is due.. sweat.gif
aregip
post Jun 14 2019, 09:40 AM

Getting Started
124 posts

QUOTE(SMH @ Jun 13 2019, 08:42 PM)
i dont understand, how does a bad condition battery causes such noise?
I also don't know.. I already asked SC Technician regarding this matter and they also said it's normal..

So that why i do some research in FB and do some survey with my friends in Honda City club.. they said that before the battery kong, this symptom will happen to them.. after changing the battery, then it will back to normal..

I'm not sure what will be the effect, whether ABS system will not working properly.. but seems SC Technician already checked for me and nothing wrong, so maybe no harm to our car..

2 Pages  1 2 >Top

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.4139sec    1.59    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 26th February 2020 - 03:29 AM