Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Honda City Gen 6.0/6.1 V10

views

MyRegret
post Sep 27 2019, 12:31 PM

Getting Started
108 posts

planning to get a honda city soon.

Should i walk in the showroom to ask for promo? or contacts those from fb peeps?

Seen quite some packages going around.

Tq for advice
MyRegret
post Sep 27 2019, 12:49 PM

Getting Started
108 posts

QUOTE(zy93 @ Sep 27 2019, 12:40 PM)
Why not both and then compare which offer the best deal brows.gif
but do they really uphold the deal is a question biggrin.gif

i seen some with cash rebate + body kit + tinting and stuff .. do they use the low end tints or?

prolly gonna stroll around pj hondas laugh.gif
MyRegret
post Sep 27 2019, 01:18 PM

Getting Started
108 posts

QUOTE(zy93 @ Sep 27 2019, 01:05 PM)
Hahaha. This I'm not sure. Last time I just went 2 Honda SC near my house and get the one with better service + better rebate. I prefer higher cash rebate so I can choose my own tint and some accessories. Choose the one that are suitable for you. The best is you manage to walk around at those showroom brows.gif

Edit: I think those free tint depends on the salesperson. Should be low-middle end I guess? Since I prefer highest spec tint from branded manufacturers so I just choose those with highest rebate to cover the cost . laugh.gif
good to know thumbup.gif thumbup.gif

MyRegret
post Sep 30 2019, 09:40 AM

Getting Started
108 posts

QUOTE(krusellblazar @ Sep 30 2019, 08:23 AM)
Hi Guys, City Hybrid owner in waiting here. Hoping to get my car somewhere this week. Just waiting on the Jpj ebid time to complete and then i can register the car.

Managed to get a 12k rebate plus I added another 9k down payment. Loan for about 72k.

I mostly travel on the highway on a daily basis, about 100 to 140km a day on weekdays. So i think getting the Hybrid is justifiable. Looking forward to learn more about the City here.

Im suspecting they are either clearing off the current stock to make way for the new City or they simply have many Hybrids unsold. I didnt both to inquire on the Regular City though so im not sure how much rebate it gets on top of the default 9k discount i think.

Plus I confirmed with the agent that this is a 2019 model and it says as such too on the loan and booking form.
Which showroom u go to? biggrin.gif
MyRegret
post Oct 21 2019, 08:34 PM

Getting Started
108 posts

Hi, is it advisable to not push a brand new car to the limit before 1k service?

Whats the consequences in doing that? Thanks
MyRegret
post Oct 23 2019, 09:28 AM

Getting Started
108 posts

QUOTE(babylon52281 @ Oct 21 2019, 11:41 PM)
You will unlock +10HP.
sweet biggrin.gif

QUOTE(eddie2020 @ Oct 22 2019, 12:55 PM)
Not sure still applicable... Ppl in the past said that all engine piston etc still new, need 1k to lubricate all the parts before you push it hard... Some people said that actually they tested some mileage before it mounted to our car..
Jz like when you finish overhaul you don't push the limit as it might fail... My friend overhaul his bike and hentam to max then his piston etc all rosak and go overhaul again.. Overhaul advise don't go push limit.. But new car Idk.. I push the limit during 800km+ so far no prob
i see, thanks for the advice smile.gif

QUOTE(dickybird @ Oct 22 2019, 08:40 PM)
Drive normally. It's not a 911 Carerra S.
haha, true enough. it's not like i race the car around biggrin.gif

just mayb on the highway going over a little over the speed limit biggrin.gif

p/s: btw, sometimes i hear some "krukk" sound in the front when i am driving .. anyone knows about it? not often, but they do come out ..

This post has been edited by MyRegret: Oct 23 2019, 09:30 AM
MyRegret
post Oct 23 2019, 10:28 AM

Getting Started
108 posts

QUOTE(babylon52281 @ Oct 23 2019, 09:48 AM)
Just drive with gentle acceleration to 80-90 kmph for first 1000km. After 1st service, hentam as much you want.
That sound happen when reach 40kmph? ABS activation. Its normal.
yup, around there, not always, but its there.

Good to know thumbsup.gif
MyRegret
post Oct 23 2019, 12:33 PM

Getting Started
108 posts

QUOTE(arza04 @ Oct 23 2019, 11:49 AM)
On the first day i collect my car last year already go 170km/h on LEKAS highway lol. Mileage not even hit 20kms. Was rushing to attend something

But i didnt max the pedal la, just increase the speed gradually
ikr, was rushing as well .. lol

but yea, generally i dont go too fast anyways
MyRegret
post Nov 4 2019, 10:05 AM

Getting Started
108 posts

QUOTE(abc7177 @ Nov 4 2019, 07:29 AM)
based on what he told me, only the front illuminated, but the back wouldn'tšŸ˜…
update: searched at city group, seem like it's was designed to be like this... luckily last year my sa told me no stock for the side step
mine all 4 side got light ... ...
MyRegret
post Nov 18 2019, 11:03 AM

Getting Started
108 posts

QUOTE(mushigen @ Nov 16 2019, 06:16 PM)
My non-Kah Motor 3S centre told me they don't do accident repair, taichi me to 4S when I asked about it. Because of this, I renewed my policy with the 4S centre.
what's non-Kah Motor 3s? biggrin.gif
MyRegret
post Nov 20 2019, 09:16 AM

Getting Started
108 posts

QUOTE(se@n @ Nov 19 2019, 10:56 PM)
Hi guys, first time car buyer here. I applied my loan for city v today, want to ask all of you who bought and applied loan before, what are the steps and what will I need to pay other than insurance.

The SA gave me a figure like this:
City V

Rm 90,000.00 - OTR Insurance
      -  Rm    7,000.00 - Rebate
    ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”
          Rm 83,000.00
      -  Rm 81,000.00 - Loan 90%
    ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”-
        Rm  2,000.00 - D/Payment
U r bttr off with an E spec if ur DP is only 2k ... ntg much in V xcept cosmetic stuff.

81,000 - if u are planning to take 90% loan ... DP should be 8.1k not just 2k lolx

QUOTE(babylon52281 @ Nov 20 2019, 12:23 AM)
Firstly 7k discount is kinda low for a end year car and for a model that's gonna be changed in Mar/Apr next year.

And usually its the car salesman that does all the paperwork and running for the loan, insurance, registration, number plate(unless you want special), and any addons upon purchase (tint, sunvisor, bodykit, etc). If everything checks out, you just need to see him/her once more to sign the loan documents.

Lastly, imho 2k dp and 90% loan (let me guess that's on a 7 year loan term?), tells me ur just barely affording this car. Are you sure ur life priorities are put in order?
meh, i only got 5k + tint and some other accs sad.gif
MyRegret
post Nov 21 2019, 09:32 AM

Getting Started
108 posts

QUOTE(se@n @ Nov 21 2019, 01:25 AM)
Oh I thought 7k was a lot already, usually how much discount can get for year-end car? Btw the calculation I posted was what he wrote to me only, of course, I don't plan to just pay 2k dp la.
So you think I should have gone for the E spec?
well, if you are into the cosmetic they offered in V spec (LED, 16" rim, leather seat), by all means u can go for it biggrin.gif

otherwise, the car just function the same as E spec ... btw, max i see for city is around 7.5 - 8k cash only rebate, hybird goes up to 11k
MyRegret
post Nov 25 2019, 05:07 PM

Getting Started
108 posts

so far response for the new city, nice tail light and head lamp design .. the rest ... meh ... only RS looks ok
MyRegret
post Nov 26 2019, 10:22 AM

Getting Started
108 posts

QUOTE(babylon52281 @ Nov 25 2019, 07:25 PM)
The way I see it, if you want looks go for current City like right now before they change the model. If you want kit, the wait for new City to come.

To me the design just so meh. The front looks like ported over from FL and softened the edginess. It now looks so much like Persona in the front, as if Honda copied it.

The side profile looks to have pulled upwards, with the wing mirrors now door mounted like Persona giving it a slight humpback look similar to 4th gen City (Vtec/Idsi).

The rear is a big improvement and they resisted the crab claw design of Civic.
But it does remind me of Hyundai Elantra. Again nothing original or fresh here.

Interior is OMG! Regressed like mad. Again it looks likes something from a Korean car. Sure it looks more mature than space age that typifies GM6,FC dashboard but hell... did it went back to dial type AC?
And is there a big chubby hole below that? I thought only Saga still has it but dayummm! And did it go traditional with a central MFD between the binacles? Preve has that like 10 years ago dude.

The meter panel isn't digital! Like come on! By now it shouldn't cost a lot to upgrade into digital display, even incoming Almera will have half digital meter. And ditto with the brakes. Still using handbrake and not e-handbrake.

And the rims are a total disappointment from the spyshot. Like even FL Espec rims better than those on RS. Seriously.

I was hoping they would lengthen the wheelbase, lower the roofline and slant the car into a fastback like Civic, with smaller 3rd quarter glass at least, Floating display HU, with digital meter and e-handbrake. Not to mention Honda Sense suite on the high spec.

Overall, I'm a bit conflicted. Should I be happy this car didn't wow me as the GM6 FL did? It feels like a wasted opportunity to kill the competition but they screwed that.
likewise, with technology these days and other car seems to integrate it, selling at a lower price on top of that, city 2020 really feels like ntg changed xcept for the turbo.

not gonna even touch on the interior .. though i think the aircond dial is more for user experience .. ppl tend to play with it more often and using touch panel kinda distract driver as well.. thats my sense though.

MyRegret
post Jan 17 2020, 01:04 PM

Getting Started
108 posts

QUOTE(babylon52281 @ Jan 16 2020, 10:17 PM)
New deals for 2020 Honda cars. The discounts are really significant even into the new year.
https://p--ltan.org/2020/01/16/honda-malays...-rm10k-rewards/
but but, gimmick only ... still selling 2019 car, so rewards still the same ...

i think 6k rebates have been around for quite some time ya?
MyRegret
post Mar 2 2020, 09:52 AM

Getting Started
108 posts

QUOTE(wat de....?! @ Feb 29 2020, 12:59 PM)
dont think it was cross wind coz i checked with the trees beside the road for any wind... the sway so far only happened on highway drive... Normal city/town road did not occur
If my 1yr+ car koyak stabilizer link then sure hailat... Have to waste few days leave for warranty replacement
same here, goin above 120 ++ .. car will start to sway abit sometime ...

does ur car sway everytime or only when other car overtake you?
MyRegret
post Apr 3 2020, 11:52 AM

Getting Started
108 posts

hey guys, anyone knows how to make an appointment for after MCO ended? Or do i have to wait after MCO to book?
MyRegret
post Jun 5 2020, 01:43 PM

Getting Started
108 posts

hey guys, got a question ... after mco ..

whenever i turn on my aircond ... it starts with foul smell that last a min or two.. after that it's gone

anyone knows the cause? or how to fix d?
MyRegret
post Jun 5 2020, 08:37 PM

Getting Started
108 posts

QUOTE(danthe0 @ Jun 5 2020, 08:35 PM)
Where did you park during MCO ?
Check your cabin air filter. Might be dead stuff in there.
parked outside unfortunately .. cabin filter eh .. will do so

is it different than air cond filter?
MyRegret
post Jun 7 2020, 04:19 PM

Getting Started
108 posts

QUOTE(babylon52281 @ Jun 6 2020, 12:59 AM)
How old ur car? Have you ever cleaned or serviced ur AC?
less than a year old only sad.gif

i just took it for a service last 2-3 weeks .. and even replaced the aircond filter .. from what the SA said

QUOTE(Thrust @ Jun 6 2020, 06:38 AM)
Try replacing your cabin filter. If the smell is still there, chances are that you have a leaking cooling coil.

Does the odour smells like chemical? If it is, that is the r134a gas. Your aircond will work but now but when the gas runs low, that's when your aircond stop working.
yep, some sort of chemical smell .. tht only last for a few minutes

QUOTE(mushigen @ Jun 7 2020, 10:41 AM)
It's due to mould in aircon system. The smell would be similar with that of our home aircon (with fan mode).
Check your cabin air filter. If it smells, replace it.
The most likely reason is mould at evaporator. You can DIY. I did mine using anti-bacteria/virus spray at the opening of the aircon filter housing after removing the filter.
It's a fast job, but it takes a while to completely clear off the chemical smell in the spray. You can Google.
sweet, will take note and google the process biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by MyRegret: Jun 7 2020, 04:20 PM

2 Pages  1 2 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.3159sec    0.36    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:20 PM