Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Honda City Gen 6.0/6.1 V10

mushigen
post Today, 05:35 PM

Casual
Group: Junior Member

QUOTE(babylon52281 @ Feb 19 2019, 05:27 PM)
I did alignment at Honda SC. Before and after also I still feel the same. I don't think I could have done anything more.
Feels strange to me. Did you try seeking advice from tyre shops with alignment sifu? I'm 100% sure my ride doesn't drift or require periodic driver intervention on any road I drive on.
PhakFuhZai
post Today, 05:52 PM

harimau putih
Group: Senior Member

lemme ask again, would changing the headlight to LED void warranty?
8sg9ft
post Today, 05:56 PM

blablabla

QUOTE(TrollNoob @ Feb 19 2019, 04:26 PM)
Harlo Sifus... looking at your replies, made me question myself, how low is city drive?

Parlimen - putrajaya (work)

Balakong - Putrajaya (house to offfice)

Leisure driving (normal at any time)

I thought 90-110 is the minimum? Lesser than that, would be contributing to the traffic congestion.

inb4 will try the fuelly app.
Ur definition of city drive is very different. Haha. To me city drive is those drives/routes that have lots of stop and go either due to traffic jams or many traffic lights
babylon52281
post Today, 05:58 PM

Group: Newbie

QUOTE(TrollNoob @ Feb 19 2019, 04:26 PM)
Harlo Sifus... looking at your replies, made me question myself, how low is city drive?

Parlimen - putrajaya (work)

Balakong - Putrajaya (house to offfice)

Leisure driving (normal at any time)

I thought 90-110 is the minimum? Lesser than that, would be contributing to the traffic congestion.

inb4 will try the fuelly app.
110 kmph is considered minimum? Oh wait, I see you are government staff. Now I understand. Speed limits don't apply I guess.

Anyways, I see ur routes mostly involves highway travel and you mentioned using MEX. Other than peak periods on MEX where congestion is for the whole distance (if you travel 6pm onwards from Putrajaya to KL, you will understand), I don't see how ur FC will suffer except for ur overspeeding. I don't want to assume but I would hazard a guess you also frequently cilok other cars as well as hard braking and hard accelerating too? In that case, I suggest better for you turn OFF ECON mode. All these fast and furious moves will not help to better FC in ECON mode. If ur driving style requires fast response, better to turn OFF ECON.

Just my opinion that's all. icon_rolleyes.gif
mushigen
post Today, 05:59 PM

Casual

QUOTE(PhakFuhZai @ Feb 19 2019, 05:52 PM)
If someone says yes, another says no, who would you believe? Perhaps the SC people will be in a better position to answer.
PhakFuhZai
post Today, 06:01 PM

harimau putih

QUOTE(mushigen @ Feb 19 2019, 05:59 PM)
If someone says yes, another says no, who would you believe? Perhaps the SC people will be in a better position to answer.
well some SC/SA ppl will kelentong u
babylon52281
post Today, 06:14 PM

QUOTE(ITforce @ Feb 19 2019, 05:31 PM)
Front bumper at the sides...

Gap look like this civic front bumper gap...
Okay. Well, sorry to say this is quite common for this gen City. Some would say this is a defect because there are cars with much smaller or no gaps at all but on the overall this gap exist to some degree of severity. Mine too had this gap and I can see the clip if I shine light thru it. I see many gen 6 Cities as well have this and I can conclude this is a product defect.

The bumper design have insufficient screw clips at the edges to hold it in place, especially when the bumper plastic is warping (this is normal). Why insufficient? Likely due to computer CAD design of City didn't take this warping into account, and also cost cutting by reducing proper holders.

Some may accept this and some others might tell you not to accept this flaw. You can ask SC to fix it but they may risk further misalignment and paint damages, so caveat emptor. But what do I know, I'm just a dumb guy who can accept the world is not perfect and can accept flaws when there's a logical reason.
babylon52281
post Today, 06:16 PM

QUOTE(PhakFuhZai @ Feb 19 2019, 05:52 PM)
If I tell you yes, would you still do it?
babylon52281
post Today, 06:21 PM

QUOTE(mushigen @ Feb 19 2019, 05:35 PM)
Feels strange to me. Did you try seeking advice from tyre shops with alignment sifu? I'm 100% sure my ride doesn't drift or require periodic driver intervention on any road I drive on.
No. It drives the same b4 and after alignment by SC. Anyways next tyre rotation onwards I will bring it to my tyre pomen so for me this is something temporary (perhaps!) and a good benchmark if my tyre pomen can rectify the issue.
ITforce
post Today, 06:27 PM

Getting Started

Yaya, if direct sunlight over it or you torch it with light, i can see the black brackets inside the gap...

QUOTE(babylon52281 @ Feb 19 2019, 06:14 PM)
Okay. Well, sorry to say this is quite common for this gen City. Some would say this is a defect because there are cars with much smaller or no gaps at all but on the overall this gap exist to some degree of severity. Mine too had this gap and I can see the clip if I shine light thru it. I see many gen 6 Cities as well have this and I can conclude this is a product defect.

The bumper design have insufficient screw clips at the edges to hold it in place, especially when the bumper plastic is warping (this is normal). Why insufficient? Likely due to computer CAD design of City didn't take this warping into account, and also cost cutting by reducing proper holders.

Some may accept this and some others might tell you not to accept this flaw. You can ask SC to fix it but they may risk further misalignment and paint damages, so caveat emptor. But what do I know, I'm just a dumb guy who can accept the world is not perfect and can accept flaws when there's a logical reason.
mushigen
post Today, 06:28 PM

Casual

QUOTE(ITforce @ Feb 19 2019, 05:31 PM)
Front bumper at the sides...

Gap look like this civic front bumper gap...
https://www.civicx.com/threads/front-bumper-gap.13791/
Mine too doesn't have the tightest gap. The boot lid is even worse on the left and right of number plate.

QUOTE(babylon52281 @ Feb 19 2019, 06:21 PM)
No. It drives the same b4 and after alignment by SC. Anyways next tyre rotation onwards I will bring it to my tyre pomen so for me this is something temporary (perhaps!) and a good benchmark if my tyre pomen can rectify the issue.
From my experience, this is exactly one of the issues to correct when we send the car for alignment checking.
I'd get it checked asap since it might affect tyre wear, and surely it cannot be a pleasant way to drive.
TrollNoob
post Today, 07:30 PM

Casual

QUOTE(8sg9ft @ Feb 19 2019, 05:56 PM)
Ur definition of city drive is very different. Haha. To me city drive is those drives/routes that have lots of stop and go either due to traffic jams or many traffic lights
QUOTE(babylon52281 @ Feb 19 2019, 05:58 PM)
110 kmph is considered minimum? Oh wait, I see you are government staff. Now I understand. Speed limits don't apply I guess.

Anyways, I see ur routes mostly involves highway travel and you mentioned using MEX. Other than peak periods on MEX where congestion is for the whole distance (if you travel 6pm onwards from Putrajaya to KL, you will understand), I don't see how ur FC will suffer except for ur overspeeding. I don't want to assume but I would hazard a guess you also frequently cilok other cars as well as hard braking and hard accelerating too? In that case, I suggest better for you turn OFF ECON mode. All these fast and furious moves will not help to better FC in ECON mode. If ur driving style requires fast response, better to turn OFF ECON.

Just my opinion that's all.  icon_rolleyes.gif
Working with big boss.

Have to arrive before him. When he leaves for another meeeting, leave after him but have to arrive before or at the same time.

Tell me how to compensate la?

Even kena ticket also have to pay on my own.

Currently dilligently following a forumer advise to only swutch on ECON when idling or stuck in traffic.

Currently switching to caltex. I read that it gives more mileage as compared to others. BHP is a rarity.

This post has been edited by TrollNoob: Today, 07:48 PM
dickybird
post Today, 07:50 PM

Regular

QUOTE(TrollNoob @ Feb 19 2019, 07:30 PM)
Working with big boss.

Have to arrive before him. When he leaves for another meeeting, leave after him but have to arrive before or at the same time.

Tell me how to compensate la?

Even kena ticket also have to pay on my own.

Currently dilligently following a forumer advise to only swutch on ECON when idling or stuck in traffic.

Currently switching to caltex. I read that it gives more mileage as compared to others. BHP is a rarity.
You cannot follow his convoy kah?
Or ride in the same vehicle?
gsan
post Today, 08:02 PM

Electrical RF Engineer

QUOTE(otnuus @ Feb 19 2019, 01:55 PM)
Wah, sifu upgrading your mcintosh to this one? Share you experience with us.
Yeah, sifu is very poisonous. Haha, you only got a pair last time right? Time to get another pair now, high grade one.
I just bought Techron Concentrated Plus on Sunday. I thought this will help clean the engine and not much fuel saving?
maybe will take 1 pair for testing... in fact I also not expert in sound system, but supplier say this one much better icon_idea.gif
gsan
post Today, 08:07 PM

Electrical RF Engineer

QUOTE(babylon52281 @ Feb 19 2019, 09:10 AM)
Well, not really that I'm fine with it. As I said it is quite annoying. Just that this is a much newer car than those I used to drive and its the 1st Honda I drove, and apparently there's a logic to that abnormality, so I can still accept this.

Furthermore no one has complained about it until now so I consider it as "normal condition". If I want to complain about the steering, it is the lifeless feel and no feedback hence difficulty for me to accurately point the car where I want it to be, hard to judge on the steering which caused me to kerb the wheel a couple of times in tight junctions.

But how is ur car, do you feel the same effects as me & yeowwwai & gsan?
if im remember correctly, mine one dont have such symptom during first 3 months until I changed to hrv steering previously

Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0849sec    7.88    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 19th February 2019 - 08:52 PM