Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Need experience sales or customer service help

views

TSRoastedChicken
post Sep 20 2018, 10:15 AM, updated 6y ago

味噌チキン
1,277 posts

Ok the story is like this. Im a manufacturer and I supplied this thing to my customer. They then told me that my item is broken upon unboxing in their site. So, we take back the item from their plant, then we inspect it. However, we found out this item fall from a distance so it's broken. But my customer claimed it's broken when unbox.

I will have to charge them for this, but they are my customer that order regularly. How to tell them nicely in a way that I don't hurt them? Please help me. I don't really know how to talk.

This post has been edited by RoastedChicken: Sep 20 2018, 10:16 AM
ListenToTheWind
post Sep 20 2018, 10:23 AM

Casual
383 posts

Do you ship with transport company instead of own transport?
If you wish ship with transport company, then you can taichi to them and request the client to deal with the transport company. Otherwise, there is no ground on your side to win the argument since there is no proof from your end.

Either you absorb the damage to keep the customer or you kiss that customer goodbye.
Orzie
post Sep 20 2018, 10:23 AM

Casual
335 posts

Just wondering, how was the shipment delivered? By you or courier?
If it was delivered by 3rd party, you can argue that the customer should have check the content before sign the acceptance form.

By the way how close / important is this customer to you?
Can you afford to lose this customer? Or are they influential in the industry?

If only rugi a bit, just close one eye and absorb the cost. Eventually you will earn back from the customer.
If it's a substantial amount, use the "why no inspect upon receiving goods" card.
TSRoastedChicken
post Sep 20 2018, 10:26 AM

味噌チキン
1,277 posts

QUOTE(ListenToTheWind @ Sep 20 2018, 10:23 AM)
Do you ship with transport company instead of own transport?
If you wish ship with transport company, then you can taichi to them and request the client to deal with the transport company. Otherwise, there is no ground on your side to win the argument since there is no proof from your end.

Either you absorb the damage to keep the customer or you kiss that customer goodbye.
Hi thanks for your input. I using own transport to deliver the goods. Now, their purchasing side not sure know about this case is a dropping case but I need to tell them to bear the cost ,😅 btw not my company, I'm just working staff.
jVIPERs2
post Sep 20 2018, 10:26 AM

LY.N Enthusiast
1,648 posts

Can you prove that it was done by them and not during delivery?

I would say this is a business risk and since your customer has said that item is received broken, it’s never a good idea to challenge their “honesty”...

If indeed it’s a loss your company have to bare but you 110% sure is customer’s fault, then increase their price gradually to recover loss since you mentioned they are regulars...

This post has been edited by jVIPERs2: Sep 20 2018, 10:27 AM
TSRoastedChicken
post Sep 20 2018, 10:27 AM

味噌チキン
1,277 posts

QUOTE(Orzie @ Sep 20 2018, 10:23 AM)
Just wondering, how was the shipment delivered? By you or courier?
If it was delivered by 3rd party, you can argue that the customer should have check the content before sign the acceptance form.

By the way how close / important is this customer to you?
Can you afford to lose this customer? Or are they influential in the industry?

If only rugi a bit, just close one eye and absorb the cost. Eventually you will earn back from the customer.
If it's a substantial amount, use the "why no inspect upon receiving goods" card.
Their order not that big but they got placed order consistently. Not big amount tho. But still my customer. Btw my company transportation delivered the goods. It should be after delivery their receiving team handling was bad.
TSRoastedChicken
post Sep 20 2018, 10:28 AM

味噌チキン
1,277 posts

QUOTE(jVIPERs2 @ Sep 20 2018, 10:26 AM)
Can you prove that it was done by them and not during delivery?

I would say this is a business risk and since your customer has said that item is received broken, it’s never a good idea to challenge their “honesty”...

If indeed it’s a loss your company have to bare but you 110% sure is customer’s fault, then increase their price gradually to recover loss since you mentioned they are regulars...
Thanks for your input tho. I know it's not right to challenge them now I'm in the middle sandwich. Don't know how can I solve this problem
ListenToTheWind
post Sep 20 2018, 10:30 AM

Casual
383 posts

I sometime ship good to East Malaysia.
Got this regular customer also sometime order spare part.
Recently the part that she receive got defect & she ask me how to settle.
I offer to absorb half the damage but it seem like she's not so happy with the arrangement, she expect me to replace the whole set to her.

Didn't hear from her again after that.
Orzie
post Sep 20 2018, 10:39 AM

Casual
335 posts

QUOTE(RoastedChicken @ Sep 20 2018, 10:27 AM)
Their order not that big but they got placed order consistently. Not big amount tho. But still my customer. Btw my company transportation delivered the goods. It should be after delivery their receiving team handling was bad.
But usually the customers are required to sign GRN upon receiving and accepting the goods right?
If they have signed it, that means it is not your issue anymore.

Personally, I would just absorb the damage for this incident. Keep the good relationship and earn back from them.
Then I would remind them to double-check the goods before signing off.
If similar situation happen again, sorry but not my issue anymore.

SUSalexcky
post Sep 20 2018, 03:30 PM

business Sifu
842 posts

u cant do anything unless u got take photo before ship out to ur customer

thats why ISO system protect u from all this hassle

Cookie101
post Sep 21 2018, 11:55 AM

Regular
1,518 posts

Leave it in grey area and mark as loss unless willing to lose the customer.

Then Bring it up and go directly against them. List out their fault.

Soft taichi: unfortunately the damaged item cannot be refunded as per P.O.
Please forward the payment. Thanks.

If cannot then Putar a bit - we may have to investigate this further and shall update. Then dump it into loss file. Close case.

Or hardcore: item was delivered and confirmed upon delivery hence any mishaps at buyers premises are not entertained.
enviro
post Sep 21 2018, 12:15 PM

Casual
486 posts

You are not insured?
xcxa23
post Sep 21 2018, 01:04 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,649 posts

Personally I will absorb the cost if it's not too substantial
Especially if they are good paymaster and regular

However if it's happen for too many times, well they have to bear it.. doing business not doing charity.. and if they gonna stop buying from me, so be it..
WaCKy-Angel
post Sep 21 2018, 01:11 PM

PeACe~~
All Stars
21,509 posts

No right nor wrong in this situation.

if u dont expect them to buy anymore then just tell them to fark off.
otherwise if u need to beg them to buy more then absorb the cost.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0123sec    0.25    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:00 PM