77 Pages « < 19 20 21 22 23 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

The Official iPhone X Discussion Thread | V6, Say hello to the future

views

deadmanwalking1
post Oct 19 2018, 04:25 PM

Getting Started
73 posts

QUOTE(sebastianX11 @ Oct 3 2018, 09:02 AM)
i use iPad adapter to quickly charge it if i need the juice urgently
for stock charger, i used it to charge it overnight - with timer that will stop after 4 hours
how to do this setting to limit the charging ? i only get to know about this function today. i'm so caveman
deadmanwalking1
post Oct 19 2018, 04:40 PM

Getting Started
73 posts

QUOTE(NubPro @ Oct 8 2018, 09:08 AM)
Im interested in buying a new iPhone X, do u guys suggest i should pick one up from Switch together with the protection plan or directly go with Shopee sellers leh?

Ofc Switch is selling at a much premium rate but it seems for me, the protection plan is worthy, what do u thk?
from my pov, protection is not so worth to purchase. don't know maybe i lucky my entire life as i never have any issue with the phone that i buy. never send to warranty before since my first 3gs --> 4 --> 6plus --> X .
deadmanwalking1
post Oct 19 2018, 04:45 PM

Getting Started
73 posts

QUOTE(Benefon @ Oct 9 2018, 06:27 PM)
What do you think about X still can last how long to go?
2 more years can ?
my iphone 6plus still working well with the latest ios 12.
only battery health at 78% now LOL
Benefon
post Oct 19 2018, 04:47 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,727 posts

QUOTE(deadmanwalking1 @ Oct 19 2018, 04:45 PM)
my iphone 6plus still working well with the latest ios 12.
only battery health at 78% now LOL
Seem like still going strong šŸ˜…šŸ˜…
1wildcat1
post Oct 19 2018, 10:08 PM

I'm still a n00b :(
1,366 posts

QUOTE(deadmanwalking1 @ Oct 19 2018, 04:18 PM)
i'm currently using ipad 12w adapter + normal 2.4a cable for charging. does it consider fast charging ?
semi-fast charging.

only true fast charge is via USB C brick + cable
attw
post Oct 20 2018, 08:34 AM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
32,264 posts

i'm currently using ipad 12w adapter + normal 2.4a cable for charging. does it consider fast charging ?
It's considered as "fast enough" charging, but certainly not the fastest.

See here
deadmanwalking1
post Oct 20 2018, 12:02 PM

Getting Started
73 posts

QUOTE(1wildcat1 @ Oct 19 2018, 10:08 PM)
semi-fast charging.

only true fast charge is via USB C brick + cable
QUOTE(attw @ Oct 20 2018, 08:34 AM)
It's considered as "fast enough" charging, but certainly not the fastest.

See here
thanks for the info. looking at the chart, i think i'm quite satisfied with my current 12w adapter. since it does 'fast enough' charging. and seems like anything above 18w is just a waste. so no point to get a 3rd party adapter for now.
attw
post Oct 20 2018, 01:20 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
32,264 posts

QUOTE(deadmanwalking1 @ Oct 20 2018, 12:02 PM)
thanks for the info. looking at the chart, i think i'm quite satisfied with my current 12w adapter. since it does 'fast enough' charging. and seems like anything above 18w is just a waste. so no point to get a 3rd party adapter for now.
Yeah, same bro. Also using 12W adapter myself thumbup.gif
Mazda9
post Oct 21 2018, 11:24 PM

On my way
512 posts

Hi everyone,

My battery health maximum capacity is 88% and I have been experiencing issues with my phone battery whereby the phone will auto shut down eventough the battery is 50%. When try to on the phone says battery Low and when you plug in the charger it goes back to 50% over.

I have updated to the latest iOS and issue still persists.

According to Apple, they will only replace the battery of the battery capacity is below 80% and since my iPhone warranty is expiring in Dec, I have log a case with Apple support and their advisor has approved for FOC battery replacement as the phone warranty is still valid and has created an exception casefor the battery to be replaced eventough the battery capacity is 88% and looking at the nature of the issue, advisor supported my case and gave a go ahead approval and case number.

The reason why I contacted Apple
Support and raise and exception ticket coz knowing our Apple authorised support centre in MY, they will taichi and not change your battery and yet bill you under battery replacement programme eventough the phone is under warranty and with the exception approval given by Apple, they will have no choice but to force replace it on Appleā€™s Cost.

Do you guys know which Apple centre in KL has stock for iPhone X battery and can replace the battery in less than 4 hours based on experience?
dino89
post Oct 21 2018, 11:32 PM

Dino89 Trading
4,943 posts

QUOTE(Mazda9 @ Oct 21 2018, 11:24 PM)
Hi everyone,

My battery health maximum capacity is 88% and I have been experiencing issues with my phone battery whereby the phone will auto shut down eventough the battery is 50%. When try to on the phone says battery Low and when you plug in the charger it goes back to 50% over.

According to Apple, they will only replace the battery of the battery capacity is below 80% and since my iPhone warranty is expiring in Dec, I have log a case with Apple support and their advisor has approved for FOC battery replacement as the phone warranty is still valid and has created an exception casefor the battery to be replaced eventough the battery capacity is 88% and looking at the nature of the issue, advisor supported my case and gave a go ahead approval and case number.

Support and raise and exception ticket coz knowing our Apple authorised support centre in MY, they will taichi and not change your battery and yet bill you under battery replacement programme eventough the phone is under warranty and with the exception approval given by Apple, they will have no choice but to force replace it on Appleā€™s Cost.

Do you guys know which Apple centre in KL has stock for iPhone X battery and can replace the battery in less than 4 hours based on experience?
Mine 88% too, planning to get it replaced also but ā€œunfortunatelyā€ dont have problem so will have to pay for replacement

So far i know all AASP will not replace the battery on the spot d. They will send to factory in PJ for replacement
attw
post Oct 22 2018, 06:52 AM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
32,264 posts

Hi everyone,

You could try Machines' service center at Northpoint, Midvalley, but best to check if they have existing stocks of the battery.
incubus69
post Oct 22 2018, 11:18 AM

Getting Started
170 posts

Hi everyone,

you can try machines the curve. they have on the spot service.
incubus69
post Oct 22 2018, 11:19 AM

Getting Started
170 posts

QUOTE(attw @ Oct 20 2018, 01:20 PM)
Yeah, same bro. Also using 12W adapter myself thumbup.gif
same here. using the ipad 1 adapter LOL
Mazda9
post Oct 22 2018, 09:28 PM

On my way
512 posts

QUOTE(dino89 @ Oct 21 2018, 11:32 PM)
Mine 88% too, planning to get it replaced also but ā€œunfortunatelyā€ dont have problem so will have to pay for replacement

So far i know all AASP will not replace the battery on the spot d. They will send to factory in PJ for replacement
Yes, I have confirmed with machines that machines klcc, mid valley and curve has the stock and can proceed with the replacement in less than 4 hours.
attw
post Oct 23 2018, 06:46 AM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
32,264 posts

QUOTE(Mazda9 @ Oct 22 2018, 09:28 PM)
Yes, I have confirmed with machines that machines klcc, mid valley and curve has the stock and can proceed with the replacement in less than 4 hours.
Have you checked if it is indeed just a battery problem, and not anything else like the motherboard?
dino89
post Oct 23 2018, 08:09 AM

Dino89 Trading
4,943 posts

QUOTE(Mazda9 @ Oct 22 2018, 09:28 PM)
That is good news for me, at least can settle within same day
Mazda9
post Oct 23 2018, 08:13 AM

On my way
512 posts

QUOTE(attw @ Oct 23 2018, 06:46 AM)
Have you checked if it is indeed just a battery problem, and not anything else like the motherboard?
Yes I have confirmed itā€™s purely battery problem as Apple Advisors has run remotely hardware diagnosis test and itā€™s piinting the fault to the battery.
attw
post Oct 23 2018, 08:15 AM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
32,264 posts

QUOTE(Mazda9 @ Oct 23 2018, 08:13 AM)
Yes I have confirmed itā€™s purely battery problem as Apple Advisors has run remotely hardware diagnosis test and itā€™s piinting the fault to the battery.
Ok then, a simple solution it is smile.gif
Mazda9
post Oct 23 2018, 08:22 AM

On my way
512 posts

QUOTE(attw @ Oct 23 2018, 08:15 AM)
Ok then, a simple solution it is smile.gif
Since my warranty is expiring in Dec, thought of only changing the battery early December as I have the Apple case Iā€™d exception approval šŸ˜¬šŸ˜¬ as I can still use my phone but the only thing is my battery drains fast with minimal usage but I have powerbank with me.
attw
post Oct 23 2018, 08:50 AM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
32,264 posts

QUOTE(Mazda9 @ Oct 23 2018, 08:22 AM)
Since my warranty is expiring in Dec, thought of only changing the battery early December as I have the Apple case Iā€™d exception approval šŸ˜¬šŸ˜¬ as I can still use my phone but the only thing is my battery drains fast with minimal usage but I have powerbank with me.
Just make sure they still have stocks by the time you want to change it smile.gif

77 Pages « < 19 20 21 22 23 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0243sec    0.33    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:24 PM