Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Anybody from Hotlink switched to Ookyo?

views

TSDwango
post Sep 19 2018, 10:34 AM, updated 6y ago

Casual
491 posts

Someone just recommended this Ookyo and apparently this plan is much better than Hotlink on paper.

Has anybody switched from Hotlink to this Ookyo? I am seriously thinking of switching by today as I find the 1 hour Happy Hour rubbish with Hotlink is useless and the main reason I need to switch to something else.

These are the 2 main reasons why I think Ookyo is much better than Hotlink:-

5 reasons why you should join ookyo!

1. Unlimited Internet for 4 apps of your choice + 5GB high speed internet. Only RM 30 for 30 days. No contract.
2. Use unlimited internet every day, all the time. No weird hours
3. ...
4. ...
5. ...

Any thoughts or experience from those who switched from Hotlink to Ookyo?
TSDwango
post Sep 19 2018, 10:37 AM

Casual
491 posts

Is internet speed fast enough with Ookyo and is coverage good in Klang Valley?
boonhan
post Sep 19 2018, 10:46 AM

Reader
1,919 posts

QUOTE(Dwango @ Sep 19 2018, 10:37 AM)
Is internet speed fast enough with Ookyo and is coverage good in Klang Valley?
it is using maxis network.
need to connect VPN then you granted with unlimited internet (4 apps).
without VPN, it use ur 5GB.
TSDwango
post Sep 19 2018, 11:01 AM

Casual
491 posts

QUOTE(boonhan @ Sep 19 2018, 10:46 AM)
it is using maxis network.
need to connect VPN then you granted with unlimited internet (4 apps).
without VPN, it use ur 5GB.
Thanks. I cannot find any telephone number for the customer service on this Ookyo site. I want to call them to ask questions. If Ookyo is under Maxis, do they entertain inquiries from potential Ookyo customers on questions regarding Ookyo?

The Ookyo website is not very clear on the plan. It seems to me that they only offer internet data(unlimited data) for RM30/month. However, what about telephone calls? There seems to be no information on the rates for telephone calls. Or Ookyo is only for internet data and there is no telephone calls with the SIM card?
boonhan
post Sep 19 2018, 11:09 AM

Reader
1,919 posts

QUOTE(Dwango @ Sep 19 2018, 11:01 AM)
Thanks. I cannot find any telephone number for the customer service on this Ookyo site. I want to call them to ask questions. If Ookyo is under Maxis, do they entertain inquiries from potential Ookyo customers on questions regarding Ookyo?

The Ookyo website is not very clear on the plan. It seems to me that they only offer internet data(unlimited data) for RM30/month. However, what about telephone calls? There seems to be no information on the rates for telephone calls. Or Ookyo is only for internet data and there is no telephone calls with the SIM card?
i dont think maxis/hotlink handle ookyo enquiry, they only share network, not customer service.

for ookyo, you can try their app.
asrin
post Sep 19 2018, 11:13 AM

On my way
678 posts

No help service to call for ookyo..even though it born by Maxis..maxis will not entertain anything with it..

Help come with in the app..use to create tickets..then they will reply within the apps..

I'm using it about 4 months already..ditch celcom for almost 7 years..

Now using about 20gb permonth as shown in my data usage..

And last..its for android only..IOS will consume the 5Gb data..
godslayer84
post Sep 19 2018, 02:49 PM

Getting Started
297 posts

u can subscribe RM8 for unlimited call ans sms..

ToniV
post Sep 23 2018, 12:10 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,372 posts

QUOTE(asrin @ Sep 19 2018, 11:13 AM)
No help service to call for ookyo..even though it born by Maxis..maxis will not entertain anything with it..

Help come with in the app..use to create tickets..then they will reply within the apps..

I'm using it about 4 months already..ditch celcom for almost 7 years..

Now using about 20gb permonth as shown in my data usage..

And last..its for android only..IOS will consume the 5Gb data..
4 months on ookyo. is it worth it?
no major issues?
asrin
post Sep 23 2018, 02:12 PM

On my way
678 posts

QUOTE(ToniV @ Sep 23 2018, 12:10 PM)
4 months on ookyo. is it worth it?
no major issues?
In terms of usage..yes..using 25+Gb permonth now..

Using Maxis 4G network..playing ML sometimes lag..can be resolve if near tower..

Unlimited calls n sms..add on for RM8.00..yes..

User friendly for samsung phone..xiaomi..huawei..oppo..need to configure battery task not to kill VPN..

Need to on VPN all the time..

The worst is..since its hybrid..it a nightmare when to renew..cannot use hotlink top up..I experience one..grace for 6 days..after that is great..never problem again..

No call center..everything is done within the apps..create ticket to issue problems..may resolve either 24 hours..or more..

For just RM38..its good..better than pay RM100 and still have a problem..
Muammar Faiq
post Dec 4 2018, 02:13 PM

1 posts

QUOTE(asrin @ Sep 23 2018, 02:12 PM)
In terms of usage..yes..using 25+Gb permonth now..

Using Maxis 4G network..playing ML sometimes lag..can be resolve if near tower..

Unlimited calls n sms..add on for RM8.00..yes..

User friendly for samsung phone..xiaomi..huawei..oppo..need to configure battery task not to kill VPN..

Need to on VPN all the time..

The worst is..since its hybrid..it a nightmare when to renew..cannot use hotlink top up..I experience one..grace for 6 days..after that is great..never problem again..

No call center..everything is done within the apps..create ticket to issue problems..may resolve either 24 hours..or more..

For just RM38..its good..better than pay RM100 and still have a problem..
Bro. Unlimited calls for all telco? VPN need to download from Google play or else?

asrin
post Dec 4 2018, 03:24 PM

On my way
678 posts

QUOTE(Muammar Faiq @ Dec 4 2018, 02:13 PM)
Bro. Unlimited calls for all telco? VPN need to download from Google play or else?
Yes unlimited call for al telco..but not include 15454..1300..1200 and sms to 2XXXX..3XXXX..

Vpn embedded in the apps..once you install ookyo..it will ask for permission to activate the vpn..

Vpn need to active to achieve the 4 unlimited apps..
xyak
post Dec 4 2018, 03:27 PM

8 posts

QUOTE(Muammar Faiq @ Dec 4 2018, 02:13 PM)
Yup, correct. Unlimited calls and SMS to all telco if you take the additional RM8.

user posted image

Definitely the best budget package at the moment for Android user, check out my review under my signature.
bylkw2
post Dec 5 2018, 10:19 AM

Getting Started
217 posts

QUOTE(asrin @ Dec 4 2018, 03:24 PM)
Yes unlimited call for al telco..but not include 15454..1300..1200 and sms to 2XXXX..3XXXX..

Vpn embedded in the apps..once you install ookyo..it will ask for permission to activate the vpn..

Vpn need to active to achieve the 4 unlimited apps..
if vpn is needed to be on at all times, wont battery be drained fast n much?
asrin
post Dec 5 2018, 10:48 AM

On my way
678 posts

QUOTE(bylkw2 @ Dec 5 2018, 10:19 AM)
if vpn is needed to be on at all times, wont battery be drained fast n much?
Not really..only use about 15%..and yes..your battery seem drain faster than before..that is the downsize..depends on your phone and usage..
bylkw2
post Dec 5 2018, 02:02 PM

Getting Started
217 posts

QUOTE(asrin @ Dec 5 2018, 10:48 AM)
Not really..only use about 15%..and yes..your battery seem drain faster than before..that is the downsize..depends on your phone and usage..
thats kinda bad to know, guess it is give n take, no cheap lunch afterall
MjMax15
post Jan 27 2019, 12:07 PM

Uncle Scrooge is back!
1,372 posts

Hi. Can apply at physical shop?
GongBi
post Feb 5 2019, 11:55 AM

1 posts

QUOTE(Dwango @ Sep 19 2018, 12:34 PM)
Someone just recommended this Ookyo and apparently this plan is much better than Hotlink on paper.

Has anybody switched from Hotlink to this Ookyo? I am seriously thinking of switching by today as I find the 1 hour Happy Hour rubbish with Hotlink is useless and the main reason I need to switch to something else.

These are the 2 main reasons why I think Ookyo is much better than Hotlink:-

5 reasons why you should join ookyo!

1. Unlimited Internet for 4 apps of your choice + 5GB high speed internet. Only RM 30 for 30 days. No contract.
2. Use unlimited internet every day, all the time. No weird hours
3. ...
4. ...
5. ...

Any thoughts or experience from those who switched from Hotlink to Ookyo?
i've seen ookyo apps in playstore and has a lot of negative feedback from its customers. i was about to change my existing plan to ookyo, but after read all those bad experience comments i cancelled my intention. whistling.gif
mitodna
post Feb 6 2019, 12:01 AM

Getting Started
All Stars
14,033 posts

Isn't this will track all your traffic? You paying for them to track?
KannaSai1
post Feb 6 2019, 02:33 AM

Look at all my stars!!
6,933 posts

Truth ky unlimited for iOS, better use Digi .
Rm1 per day.
HansZR
post Feb 7 2019, 10:01 PM

1 posts

I've used ookyo for about 3 months now. So far my experience is not that nice.. this is why:

1) the internet speed. Trust me, you can only play 480p on Youtube. 720p and above, you can't even play it! it'll be slow as hell. if you don't really mind about video quality, then yes you can use ookyo. No HD streaming whatsoever. I guess they purposely reduce the internet speed for some reason.. but idk lah

2) unstable internet. used ookyo to play ML, and i experience so many unstable internet. from fast internet (48ms), it jumps to 280+ ms out of sudden. if you have anger issue, please do not use ookyo to play games because you'll ended up dead when your ping is OK again lol

3) I dont know what's the reason but my data is deducted slowly.. but that's not the major issue for me since I still got plenty of data left.

4) VPN is leceh ah. cannot use other vpn since we need to always use ookyo vpn

I'm just sharing my experience. the other things about ookyo is quite good. unlimited internet and you can add on apps is very useful.

2 Pages  1 2 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0164sec    0.66    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:38 PM