All Stars
15,182 posts

Maybe wife, second son is the char siew and siu yok
limeuu
post Sep 19 2018, 06:12 PM

10k Club
All Stars
11,923 posts

Divide equally also problem....and offspring doing the bulk of caring will not be happy those do nothing also get same share....
bill11
post Sep 19 2018, 06:18 PM

Getting Started
253 posts

QUOTE(aziratul @ Sep 19 2018, 12:26 PM)
maybe the son also copy sign tipu till he get 85%

we never know
This is very likely.
TSTwins10
post Sep 19 2018, 06:18 PM

Enthusiast
913 posts

QUOTE(limeuu @ Sep 19 2018, 06:12 PM)
Divide equally also problem....and offspring doing the bulk of caring will not be happy those do nothing also get same share....
True. One case father had 4 sons. Divided equally among 4 sons. Only 2 younger sons looked after him n his wife. Other 2 sons contributed zero. Only come over if got problems or can collect money.
bill11
post Sep 19 2018, 06:28 PM

Getting Started
253 posts

QUOTE(Chrono-Trigger @ Sep 19 2018, 04:09 PM)
haha my own true story - my late relative gave everything to 2 sons, including her own life savings. When she was ill and lying on bed, the sons that she didn't give a lot was the ones that paid for her medical bills and taking care of her.

The ones that got everything from her, were debating about stopping her life support and stop feeding her so that she died quicker! And they warned others that if she didn't die after 1 year, they will not pay anything for her medical bills.

I tell you, such people exist in the world, I saw it with my own eyes.
Like that i better cheong all the money and leave nothing but only fund education for the children.
WannaGetBuffed
post Sep 19 2018, 06:31 PM

Enthusiast
982 posts

Why did I even click on this thread waste of time

stupiak07
post Sep 19 2018, 06:36 PM

Casual
363 posts

QUOTE(justin jackson @ Sep 19 2018, 08:41 AM)
Eldest gets 85%? Wtf
Other kids were adopted kah?
There's ppl that donut all to charity and leave none to childs.
ju146
post Sep 19 2018, 06:39 PM

Regular
1,533 posts

fuck up dad, seriously....
Riggo
post Sep 25 2018, 09:43 PM

Enthusiast
772 posts

Below is my humble legal opinion and analysis...

1st issue - Can the mother get back her 5%?

If the mother can prove that the signature is forged, then it is very likely that she would get back her 5% of the property (equivalent of RM150k or based on the current market value which could be higher by now) plus costs.

2nd issue - Would the Court take into consideration of the 5 years of living expenses and award her with minimum compensation?

There are 2 possible scenarios that would arise in this case.

Scenario A -
If the mother's signature for the transfer of 5% is proved to be forged, it is very unlikely that the Court would take into consideration of the 5 years of living expenses spent on the mother, the full 5% would be awarded to the mother.

Scenario B -
Even if the mother fails to prove the forgery of the signature, the eldest brother's wife would be considered as a trustee for the mother's 5% fund because the eldest son said "dad asked the 5% to be transferred to his wife so they can look after mother."

So legally, the mother is still the beneficiary for her 5% inheritance.

The eldest brother's wife could only spend the 5% solely on the mother's living expenses until the monies deplete.

In such situation, the mother could raise issues like breach of trust or fiduciary duty if there is any misuse or misappropriation of her 5% inheritance.

Lastly, if you ask me whether the mother should withdraw her case and take the RM15K, I would say NO unless the eldest brother or his wife can prove that the mother's 5% is completely used up on the mother's living expenses.

On a side note:
The mother, 2nd son and daughter may challenge the validity of the Dad's Will (the clear distribution of the property suggests the existence of a Will).

They can always challenge the validity of the Will if there appears to be i.e. element of forgery (very likely by the eldest brother) or any other hanky panky tactics involved.

If the Will is successfully challenged, the distribution will then be reassessed by the Court and they would likely receive bigger portion than a mere 5% each.

This post has been edited by Riggo: Sep 25 2018, 09:53 PM
Lyu
post Sep 25 2018, 09:51 PM

Enthusiast
772 posts

QUOTE(justin jackson @ Sep 19 2018, 08:41 AM)
Eldest gets 85%? Wtf
Other kids were adopted kah?
Eldest son is adopted son name Ting Sin Pun
second son is puppet of Uncle
third dotter is target of playboy who aim for the inheritance

What will u do?

This post has been edited by Lyu: Sep 25 2018, 10:00 PM
andyng38
post Sep 25 2018, 10:10 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,109 posts

QUOTE(louzie @ Sep 19 2018, 08:45 AM)
wt hokkien drama is this?
Episode 2,028 of "See chiak sio ho ker chee kia"
louzie
post Sep 26 2018, 08:27 AM

Getting Started
102 posts

woah necroed. TS when is the next episode .
SUSEdBaaBaa
post Sep 26 2018, 09:19 AM

Getting Started
67 posts

Best is be like me.

Poor, no asset to leave to anyone!

zhou.xingxing
post Sep 26 2018, 09:19 AM

:3
1,691 posts

any update ka ts
TSTwins10
post Sep 27 2018, 10:40 PM

Enthusiast
913 posts

QUOTE(Riggo @ Sep 25 2018, 09:43 PM)
Below is my humble legal opinion and analysis...

1st issue - Can the mother get back her 5%?

If the mother can prove that the signature is forged, then it is very likely that she would get back her 5% of the property (equivalent of RM150k or based on the current market value which could be higher by now) plus costs.

2nd issue - Would the Court take into consideration of the 5 years of living expenses and award her with minimum compensation?

There are 2 possible scenarios that would arise in this case.

Scenario A -
If the mother's signature for the transfer of 5% is proved to be forged, it is very unlikely that the Court would take into consideration of the 5 years of living expenses spent on the mother, the full 5% would be awarded to the mother.

Scenario B -
Even if the mother fails to prove the forgery of the signature, the eldest brother's wife would be considered as a trustee for the mother's 5% fund because the eldest son said "dad asked the 5% to be transferred to his wife so they can look after mother."

So legally, the mother is still the beneficiary for her 5% inheritance.

The eldest brother's wife could only spend the 5% solely on the mother's living expenses until the monies deplete.

In such situation, the mother could raise issues like breach of trust or fiduciary duty if there is any misuse or misappropriation of her 5% inheritance.

Lastly, if you ask me whether the mother should withdraw her case and take the RM15K, I would say NO unless the eldest brother or his wife can prove that the mother's 5% is completely used up on the mother's living expenses.
On a side note:
The mother, 2nd son and daughter may challenge the validity of the Dad's Will (the clear distribution of the property suggests the existence of a Will).

They can always challenge the validity of the Will if there appears to be i.e. element of forgery (very likely by the eldest brother) or any other hanky panky tactics involved.

If the Will is successfully challenged, the distribution will then be reassessed by the Court and they would likely receive bigger portion than a mere 5% each.
Thanks so much.. Will relay this msg to the family.
chaxiupao
post Sep 27 2018, 10:45 PM

Casual
453 posts

wtf, what father is this? 2nd son get 5% only? if daughter understand la, cuz daughter can marry rich man next time.

Riggo
post Sep 27 2018, 11:31 PM

Enthusiast
772 posts

QUOTE(Twins10 @ Sep 27 2018, 10:40 PM)
Thanks so much.. Will relay this msg to the family.
You're welcome bro! I do really hope that justice would prevail in this case.

For greed and materialism that have blinded so many people, they have forgotten the true value of life.

9 Pages « < 7 8 9
Bump Topic Add ReplyOptions New Topic

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0133sec    0.37    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:59 AM