Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> How should I deal with this?

views

TScocomaru
post Sep 18 2018, 09:51 PM

Getting Started
171 posts

QUOTE(arubin @ Sep 18 2018, 09:49 PM)
Did she even wanted to go into science stream or was forced by your parents?

If she failed Physics, I'll bet the other 2 are Add Maths and Chemistry. Bio is somewhat easier to pass of the science subjects.
She got good results during her PMR, so automatically she's in science stream. We never questioned about whether she likes it or not, since she chose it.

Everything starts to become worse after she's growing up and met friends, and now she has this 2nd boyfriend who has tattoos all over his hands.

Not that I hate her boyfriend, cuz he's nice a guy, I've met him personally, but here I am sitting down what went wrong.

Hopefully I can still save her.
arubin
post Sep 18 2018, 09:53 PM

Holy Pastafarian
670 posts

QUOTE(cocomaru @ Sep 18 2018, 09:51 PM)
She got good results during her PMR, so automatically she's in science stream. We never questioned about whether she likes it or not, since she chose it.

Everything starts to become worse after she's growing up and met friends, and now she has this 2nd boyfriend who has tattoos all over his hands.

Not that I hate her boyfriend, cuz he's nice a guy, I've met him personally, but here I am sitting down what went wrong.

Tattoos? She's dating someone much older? blink.gif

Pretty sure students are forbidden from getting tattoos. At least this was still a rule back in my time. In fact, I think it might even be a law, as in tattoo parlors cannot service someone <18.
Roman Catholic
post Sep 18 2018, 09:54 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,030 posts

QUOTE(cocomaru @ Sep 18 2018, 09:42 PM)
She failed physics, and the other 2 im not so sure. But my second sister is coming back from her university, and told my mum she would teach her some of the subjects that she's weak at.

And the thing you said about millionaires, I so agree with you. That's the thing about these millionaires, most of the 1% are there with a lot of talent, and most importantly right TIMING and LUCK.

I don't know when did the whole self-made wave started but it definitely got these youngsters over-estimated their self worth, all come out trying to own their business and ultimately fail.

I'm not trying to throw salt or anything, its just sad you know, a lot of them are influenced by American capitalism, all these kids that dont know any better are so miserable because they decided to drop out and do their own thing, and fail without any backup plan.

I'm not saying working your whole life is the ONLY way, im just saying if you wanna do something, you gotta know WHO you really are, and what you are CAPABLE of.

But people said I'm preaching, then I said ok you do your thing, no hate. What can I say? lol
Spot on bro ! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

I suspect it's some kind of indoctrination that's going on in schools which is misleading a lot of children. I remember hearing some words similar from university students but I didn't bother to investigate where they picked it up from. Like you've said, preaching. So now I preach only to those within my faith exclusively.
Roman Catholic
post Sep 18 2018, 09:58 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,030 posts

QUOTE(cocomaru @ Sep 18 2018, 09:51 PM)

Distraction.

Tell your sis to dump all distractions NOW and that includes the boys too unfortunately and focus only on pulling through.

Don't blame her or her boyfriend but REMEMBER fix the blame on distraction instead and hopefully that will bring her back into focus.

This post has been edited by Roman Catholic: Sep 18 2018, 10:00 PM
Lyu
post Sep 18 2018, 10:01 PM

Enthusiast
772 posts

Which 3 subjects?

Kawen je la
Zoopdiidoo
post Sep 18 2018, 10:26 PM

Getting Started
216 posts

Ask ur parents chill the fark down. Let ur sis ownself reflect and u tuition her la for her to pass.
SPM only. Not end of the world. Just pass can d.
hirano
post Sep 18 2018, 10:27 PM

ๅ‡ธ(`โ–ณยด๏ผƒ)
3,260 posts

Just say to her, later become adult work as cashier/janitor, marry 50 year old uncle. No other choice.
jin^manusia
post Sep 18 2018, 10:32 PM

Getting Started
210 posts

Creativity never came from passing the exam, just focus the main core subject that she will go tru,
SUSazhan82
post Sep 18 2018, 10:32 PM

Casual
316 posts

last time.. Trial Exams tends to be harder than real exams...
remember getting 13 aggregate for it.. compared to 6 for actual exams..

my advise.. let her rest for a while..
and follow the 5 steps of grief...
then only talk and discuss.. biggrin.gif
DarshanDash
post Sep 18 2018, 10:33 PM

Getting Started
84 posts

QUOTE(cocomaru @ Sep 18 2018, 07:34 PM)
So long story short, my youngest sister is taking Spm this year, and failed 3 subjects out of 10 (trial exam). So obviously, my parents are pissed.

My mum tried to talk to her, but she locked her in her own room. Looking back at me when I was this young like my sister, I would've done the same thing.

So my room and my sister's are connected, I can either use the aggresive approach and unlock the door through her room, but here I am thinking if both sides are this angry, nothing's good gonna come out of it.

But at the same time, if both sides stay passive, my little sister will think that its okay since my parents arent strict enough.

As the eldest, what do you think I should do? Just ignore?
If she is capable of 5 credits to survive a university entrance the least then leave it be but generally forcing won't work it should come to her sense naturally to study or not. FORCING will never work.
2.Also just try to communicate with her constantly and try to see what kind of career she wants to head into as long as it won't jeopardize her results then maintain but if she can score well like a straight A student then let her make the effort
3. How does she have a boyfriend

Zoopdiidoo
post Sep 18 2018, 10:34 PM

Getting Started
216 posts

QUOTE(Roman Catholic @ Sep 18 2018, 09:58 PM)
Distraction.

Tell your sis to dump all distractions NOW and that includes the boys too unfortunately and focus only on pulling through.

Don't blame her or her boyfriend but REMEMBER fix the blame on distraction instead and hopefully that will bring her back into focus.
Actually your sis getting distracted now ..okay.
Cos it sets her up to get used to distractions during college years....which confirm will be more.
What you learn in college way way more important than SPM,
cicak.fakir
post Sep 18 2018, 11:05 PM

Casual
387 posts

who wants to tutor Chemistry, Physics, and Biology to sister?

vassilius
post Sep 18 2018, 11:13 PM

Casual
487 posts

in such case, family members very hard to talk to them wan. u need a proxy... is there anyone aside from direct family members that can talk to her? like close aunty, uncle, or family friends?
alwinnng
post Sep 19 2018, 12:09 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,296 posts

Show her burung

Maybe she curious
TScocomaru
post Sep 19 2018, 10:51 AM

Getting Started
171 posts

QUOTE(arubin @ Sep 18 2018, 09:53 PM)
Tattoos? She's dating someone much older? blink.gif

Pretty sure students are forbidden from getting tattoos. At least this was still a rule back in my time. In fact, I think it might even be a law, as in tattoo parlors cannot service someone <18.
yeah he's older than her a year. so he's 18, my sis is 17
andreaschan
post Sep 19 2018, 11:07 AM

Getting Started
67 posts

So long story short, my youngest sister is taking Spm this year, and failed 3 subjects out of 10 (trial exam). So obviously, my parents are pissed.

My mum tried to talk to her, but she locked her in her own room. Looking back at me when I was this young like my sister, I would've done the same thing.

So my room and my sister's are connected, I can either use the aggresive approach and unlock the door through her room, but here I am thinking if both sides are this angry, nothing's good gonna come out of it.

But at the same time, if both sides stay passive, my little sister will think that its okay since my parents arent strict enough.

The hard approach will chase her away and shut her door more. 3 subjects fail is not end of the world. Perhaps you should talk with your parents and her in a nice way to encourage her. Look things in her perspective. Maybe she gone through a lot but you guys dont understand and want to scold her. Thats why she is shut off her thoughts from you guys. As a big bro, you should have a slow talk so she will open up things to you.

nod.gif
famusanus
post Sep 19 2018, 11:44 AM

33 posts

u wan her 14th floor is it? Which subs did she failed?
Porie
post Sep 19 2018, 11:47 AM

On my way
534 posts

Its just trial exam. Convince her that the real spm exam will be much easier (which it is), but she still have to work hard for it.

Need to use positive reinforcement. Just need to work a little bit hard until spm, and then can enjoy kao kao.

3 Pages < 1 2 3
Bump Topic Add ReplyOptions New Topic

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0130sec    0.08    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:32 AM