views

TSJonsnow68
post May 25 2019, 01:10 PM

Getting Started
104 posts

QUOTE(DreMAx @ May 24 2019, 11:44 PM)
The "For first 100 sets" fine print :haha:
I wonder how much is the 101st set

I have up-sized my calipers and rotors for my Myvi also. So far I am satisfied to a certain extend but having the stock master cylinder, there's still a bit of that sluggish feeling to the brakes just like before.
I wonder how many sets they've sold already haha.

Which oversize brake kit are you using?
DreMAx
post May 25 2019, 02:58 PM

Nature's Best Music
3,799 posts

QUOTE(Jonsnow68 @ May 25 2019, 01:10 PM)
I wonder how many sets they've sold already haha.

Which oversize brake kit are you using?
Yeah it beats me to it :haha:
My calipers and rotors are from the 2006 Accord which I managed to get from Seri Kembangan. In PJ, the prices are really cut-throat :X
What about yours?

I got to know that there's this other place in Ampang, LAN Automotive Engineering who does a take quite a lot of Honda brakes for Myvi upgrades.
TSJonsnow68
post May 25 2019, 03:22 PM

Getting Started
104 posts

QUOTE(DreMAx @ May 25 2019, 02:58 PM)
Yeah it beats me to it :haha:
My calipers and rotors are from the 2006 Accord which I managed to get from Seri Kembangan. In PJ, the prices are really cut-throat :X
What about yours?

I got to know that there's this other place in Ampang, LAN Automotive Engineering who does a take quite a lot of Honda brakes for Myvi upgrades.
Is it heavy? Is the shop called refurb brake & engineering? Accord brakes for myvi is pretty rare.

I haven't change mine. Still researching more. I'm only worried about the weight. The most common ones I can find is odyssey/civic/ek/city. The prices range rm500-rm900. Rm900 usually comes with new discs and pads.

I heard the odyssey disc and calipers is quite heavy. My car is still stock so I'm just thinking about the extra weight.

Yes I saw his fb page. He does quite a lot of myvis. Prices are reasonable too.

DreMAx
post May 25 2019, 11:38 PM

Nature's Best Music
3,799 posts

QUOTE(Jonsnow68 @ May 25 2019, 03:22 PM)
Is it heavy? Is the shop called refurb brake & engineering? Accord brakes for myvi is pretty rare.

I haven't change mine. Still researching more. I'm only worried about the weight. The most common ones I can find is odyssey/civic/ek/city. The prices range rm500-rm900. Rm900 usually comes with new discs and pads. 

I heard the odyssey disc and calipers is quite heavy. My car is still stock so I'm just thinking about the extra weight.

Yes I saw his fb page. He does quite a lot of myvis. Prices are reasonable too.
Well it's definitely heavier than the original 1.5 Myvi brakes.
That time when I bought the set, the pads were like 10% left so but didn't know which Honda model does the caliper belong to until the spare part told me is Honda SDA and a quick Google search showed me it is an Accord brake pad. I suppose the Accord pads are the same as the Stream ones because the last time I bought a new set of pads, they gave me the Stream pads from TRW.

Some of the rotors maybe a little wrapped so you might need to get it skimmed once. If skimming doesn't work, have to look for a compatible pair of rotors. I bought a pair of Accord rotors but the lug holes satu pun not ngam laugh.gif

Fuel consumption will go up a little I suppose due to the additional weight but it very much depends on how light or heavy footed the driver is though. I have a friend who is using a pair of Honda brakes for his 1st gen Myvi but didn't enquire with him if he saw an increase in fuel consumption or not.

Oh, to add to the list of people may even be using includes Honda Legend's calipers and rotors wink.gif
TSJonsnow68
post May 28 2019, 03:18 PM

Getting Started
104 posts

QUOTE(DreMAx @ May 25 2019, 11:38 PM)
Well it's definitely heavier than the original 1.5 Myvi brakes.
That time when I bought the set, the pads were like 10% left so but didn't know which Honda model does the caliper belong to until the spare part told me is Honda SDA and a quick Google search showed me it is an Accord brake pad. I suppose the Accord pads are the same as the Stream ones because the last time I bought a new set of pads, they gave me the Stream pads from TRW.

Some of the rotors maybe a little wrapped so you might need to get it skimmed once. If skimming doesn't work, have to look for a compatible pair of rotors. I bought a pair of Accord rotors but the lug holes satu pun not ngam laugh.gif

Fuel consumption will go up a little I suppose due to the additional weight but it very much depends on how light or heavy footed the driver is though. I have a friend who is using a pair of Honda brakes for his 1st gen Myvi but didn't enquire with him if he saw an increase in fuel consumption or not.

Oh, to add to the list of people may even be using includes Honda Legend's calipers and rotors  wink.gif
You had to drill your own lug holes after that?
After some research and thinking, I'm thinking of getting original size rotor but better ones of course, with better pads and I'm also planning to change to double layer servo.
My engine not powerful pun so I feel like the bigger rotors and calipers will just affect the acceleration and deceleration. I do tend to get a little heavy footed during weekend spirited driving so it'll definitely affect fuel consumption too.
Honda legend brakes.. That's another new one I heard haha.
Anyways thanks for sharing your experience and feedback bro, appreciate it
DreMAx
post May 29 2019, 08:50 AM

Nature's Best Music
3,799 posts

QUOTE(Jonsnow68 @ May 28 2019, 03:18 PM)
You had to drill your own lug holes after that?
After some research and thinking, I'm thinking of getting original size rotor but better ones of course, with better pads and I'm also planning to change to double layer servo.
My engine not powerful pun so I feel like the bigger rotors and calipers will just affect the acceleration and deceleration. I do tend to get a little heavy footed during weekend spirited driving so it'll definitely affect fuel consumption too.
Honda legend brakes.. That's another new one I heard haha.
Anyways thanks for sharing your experience and feedback bro, appreciate it
No lah, this new set of rotors I bought from the spare parts shop has 5 lug holes but our Myvi baru have 4 lug holes that's why I am thinking of going to Lan to get it drilled. The last time I called they said they can do such a thing for me so yeah lo planning to go there this week or something. sweat.gif

So far, I am quite happy with it but it could be better if I can get the master cylinder changed as well but that will involve a lot of work and it may not fit in that existing space so I guess it's a no-go then. Even my mechanic also told me, it may not be worth going through all that trouble.
Nevertheless, I have seen at Lan's Fb page, they converted quite a few Myvi's rear drums to discs which to be honest is tempting me to do that. drool.gif

My mechanic's Myvi was using Honda Legend's brakes apparently. LOL. Don't know if that's the same as Odyssey/Civic/Accord/Stream or not.

This post has been edited by DreMAx: May 29 2019, 08:51 AM
TSJonsnow68
post May 29 2019, 01:53 PM

Getting Started
104 posts

How much did he quote you for drilling the holes?

I found a place in Selayang that can change the servo. They quoted rm320 including installation. But the installation takes about 3 hours plus so I'm a little lazy to wait that long haha.
billychai
post Oct 24 2019, 03:23 PM

Getting Started
57 posts

Hey all,

Any changed their breaks lately? am thinking of changing mine. apart from Selanyang, any other place?

simon82
post Oct 24 2019, 09:26 PM

On my way
562 posts

I have upgraded to big oddysey brakes for quite some time. At 1st, it felt lembik like hell (I only upgraded to rear brake disc). The after a while, it's fine. Initial brake , i need to tekan a bit deeper... After that baru bite. Of course the biting force is way more power.

Thinking of changing brake servo. Scared it will be an overkill

TSJonsnow68
post Oct 24 2019, 11:12 PM

Getting Started
104 posts

QUOTE(simon82 @ Oct 24 2019, 09:26 PM)
I have upgraded to big oddysey brakes for quite some time. At 1st, it felt lembik like hell (I only upgraded to rear brake disc). The after a while, it's fine. Initial brake , i need to tekan a bit deeper... After that baru bite. Of course the biting force is way more power.

Thinking of changing brake servo. Scared it will be an overkill
I had the same feeling as you. At first the brakes felt very soft. Had to press deep inside. The mechanic told me to let the brakes run in and after a week it'll get back to normal. I feel so much more confident with the oddesey brakes. Now I feel like changing servo will be an overkill cause my car not heavily modified and I'm pretty happy with the bitting force.
TSJonsnow68
post Oct 24 2019, 11:14 PM

Getting Started
104 posts

QUOTE(billychai @ Oct 24 2019, 03:23 PM)
Hey all,

Any changed their breaks lately? am thinking of changing mine. apart from Selanyang, any other place?
I changed mine last month at Selayang. There are quite a lot of places I know. There's one in ampang, old klang road, bangi, klang.. Which area convenient for you?
billychai
post Oct 25 2019, 06:52 PM

Getting Started
57 posts

PJ or Subang perhaps
TSJonsnow68
post Oct 25 2019, 08:55 PM

Getting Started
104 posts

QUOTE(billychai @ Oct 25 2019, 06:52 PM)
PJ or Subang perhaps
I think the nearest to pj/subang would be old klang Road. I can give you the contact if you want.
billychai
post Oct 27 2019, 10:17 PM

Getting Started
57 posts

QUOTE(Jonsnow68 @ Oct 25 2019, 08:55 PM)
I think the nearest to pj/subang would be old klang Road. I can give you the contact if you want.
Sure thing, mind giving the contact please. notworthy.gif
TSJonsnow68
post Oct 31 2019, 08:27 PM

Getting Started
104 posts

QUOTE(billychai @ Oct 27 2019, 10:17 PM)
Sure thing, mind giving the contact please.  notworthy.gif
+60 17-643 6991
His name is Shinn Tan
billychai
post Nov 3 2019, 12:25 PM

Getting Started
57 posts

QUOTE(Jonsnow68 @ Oct 31 2019, 08:27 PM)
+60 17-643 6991
His name is Shinn Tan
TQ Sir.
Archemedia
post Nov 4 2019, 06:01 PM

Casual
364 posts

Hi, any of you guys changed to rear disc brake???

I changed to oddyssey kit for front as well. Very satisfied, stock servo.

This post has been edited by Archemedia: Nov 4 2019, 06:02 PM

3 Pages < 1 2 3Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0154sec    0.34    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:25 AM