Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Myvi brake upgrade?, Recommendations for myvi brake upgrades

views

TSJonsnow68
post Sep 18 2018, 06:48 PM

Getting Started
104 posts

QUOTE(netmatrix @ Sep 18 2018, 01:08 AM)
My mechanic fix a lot of Myvi lagi best. The stock brake design is actually very good. But the brake master cylinder made after 2010 are not as reliable. It is stupidly ridiculous how quality went down as the model chugs along every revision. I would change that first before looking at disc and pads.
I had a friend who recommended me to change just the master cylinder. He said the braking will definitely improve. Mind sharing your mechanic's contact bro?
TSJonsnow68
post Sep 18 2018, 06:55 PM

Getting Started
104 posts

QUOTE(wkc5657 @ Sep 18 2018, 11:50 AM)
before looking into brakes, one important question to ask, apa tayar lu pakai?

Cheap low end tyre, upgrade brake pun wasted. If cannot transfer the traction well, will just keep activating ABS despite new brake set. Activation of ABS doesn't mean that your brake very power, it means that the tyre is locking up due to insufficient traction.
I'm using cc6. For my driving, the dry grip is good. I don't really push the car. For normal driving I feel cc6 is enough, but the brakes are not. So far I've only activated the abs once during hard braking.
TSJonsnow68
post Sep 18 2018, 06:56 PM

Getting Started
104 posts

QUOTE(Fireballzzz @ Sep 18 2018, 11:43 AM)
1. Change to a bigger brake kit (Odyssey, vios, MR-2 Twin Pot).
2. Get a good brake pad
3. Change brake hose (Super Circuit, IMP)
Thnks for the suggestion bro!
wonghs
post Sep 18 2018, 11:08 PM

Getting Started
259 posts

QUOTE(Jonsnow68 @ Sep 18 2018, 06:48 PM)
I had a friend who recommended me to change just the master cylinder. He said the braking will definitely improve. Mind sharing your mechanic's contact bro?
Wow I thought is just me. I also notice Myvi lagi best brakeโ€™s problem as compared to older generation!
Would like to know the mechanic contacts for master cylinder change too. Kindly share ya smile.gif
TSJonsnow68
post Sep 19 2018, 03:50 PM

Getting Started
104 posts

QUOTE(wonghs @ Sep 18 2018, 11:08 PM)
Wow I thought is just me. I also notice Myvi lagi best brakeโ€™s problem as compared to older generation!
Would like to know the mechanic contacts for master cylinder change too. Kindly share ya smile.gif
Sure bro. Will share if I have it smile.gif
TSJonsnow68
post Sep 23 2018, 07:51 PM

Getting Started
104 posts

Any disadvantages of upgrading a single layer servo to a double layer servo?
NothinUnusual
post Dec 14 2018, 02:13 PM

Getting Started
81 posts

Guys, I felt that my CX-5 brake is soft and not good enough to stop on time. Any recommendation to upgrade?

Need to change brake caliper, pad and rotor? Macam gonna be very expensive.

Aku x ada racing or what. Just cruise like 110 or 120 in city. When I brake I felt like it'll never be able to stop on time and conlanfirm hentam depan.

Other details:
17" rim
Continental CC6 tyre
Stock brake pad, rotor and caliper
System Error Message
post Dec 14 2018, 02:35 PM

Regular
1,781 posts

The problem with the myvi i find isnt much to do with brakes, sure you can improve the brakes but i first suggest you adjust the brake controls so you dont have to depress fully. The main problem with the myvi is the assistive system, it simply lacks one. Basically the ABS and other things on the myvi arent great, and it needs more computer controls. For example many foreign recent cars detect when you depress the brake fast enough but not fully and will fully engage the brakes. A lot of times i read that a myvi gets into an accident because it loses control, and losing control can mean 2 things 1) bad driver or 2) bad car. Even though myvi is a common car, for it to lose control on the slow lane because of a motorbike driving the opposite way on the service lane shows that its more likely the car. Also a lot of people drive automatics which usually is controlled by computer, so they lift of the throttle and the computer upshifts. Some automatics when you brake will know and downshift to get the engine to help with braking.

Its more of what the myvi lacks rather.

QUOTE(NothinUnusual @ Dec 14 2018, 02:13 PM)
Guys, I felt that my CX-5 brake is soft and not good enough to stop on time. Any recommendation to upgrade?

Aku x ada racing or what. Just cruise like 110 or 120 in city. When I brake I felt like it'll never be able to stop on time and conlanfirm hentam depan.

Other details:
17" rim
Continental CC6 tyre
shocking.gif didnt you make your own thread?
NothinUnusual
post Dec 14 2018, 02:38 PM

Getting Started
81 posts

QUOTE(System Error Message @ Dec 14 2018, 02:35 PM)
Ya man but I saw a similar thread here so I hijack sikit hahaha
eddievh
post Dec 14 2018, 03:35 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,060 posts

QUOTE(NothinUnusual @ Dec 14 2018, 02:13 PM)

Other details:
17" rim
Continental CC6 tyre
Trestor advantage is a very affordable high friction pad,may be you can try it.
System Error Message
post Dec 14 2018, 03:38 PM

Regular
1,781 posts

QUOTE(eddievh @ Dec 14 2018, 03:35 PM)
Normally the pads you can use stock, performance pads cool down faster but also heat up faster. If you brake hard and quick often the performance one will be better.
Jedi
post Dec 15 2018, 09:12 PM

Pax Et Bonum
2,239 posts

Gonna try the suggestion on myvi 2015 edition and see how it goes. Overhaul seems like it
SUSFenix98
post Dec 15 2018, 09:17 PM

Happy Meal upsized Sir?
377 posts

Stainless steel brake hoses + upgrade Brake pads with greater friction MU co efficient. Slot
N skim ur rotors one shot.

Cheapest option.

2nd option get BBK or brembo brake kit + mounting adapter. And rims that can clear it on a myvi

Question ๐Ÿค” Ada kerrrr ?
SUSFenix98
post Dec 15 2018, 09:24 PM

Happy Meal upsized Sir?
377 posts

QUOTE(eddievh @ Dec 14 2018, 03:35 PM)
Yeah trestor
Not bad for budget, Iโ€™ve used before ๐Ÿ˜‚ when I was still
Up n coming... bendix metal king is better but will eat disc.
Itโ€™s all a compromise. Even with harder Biting pads....
warm up to operating temperature and costs......

Biggest bang for u budget stainless steel brake hoses and
Better friction pads. Slotting will increase wear by 30% and brake 10โ€™- 15% better only .
SUSFenix98
post Dec 15 2018, 09:27 PM

Happy Meal upsized Sir?
377 posts

QUOTE(System Error Message @ Dec 14 2018, 02:35 PM)
The problem with the myvi i find isnt much to do with brakes, sure you can improve the brakes but i first suggest you adjust the brake controls so you dont have to depress fully. The main problem with the myvi is the assistive system, it simply lacks one. Basically the ABS and other things on the myvi arent great, and it needs more computer controls. For example many foreign recent cars detect when you depress the brake fast enough but not fully and will fully engage the brakes. A lot of times i read that a myvi gets into an accident because it loses control, and losing control can mean 2 things 1) bad driver or 2) bad car. Even though myvi is a common car, for it to lose control on the slow lane because of a motorbike driving the opposite way on the service lane shows that its more likely the car. Also a lot of people drive automatics which usually is controlled by computer, so they lift of the throttle and the computer upshifts. Some automatics when you brake will know and downshift to get the engine to help with braking.

Its more of what the myvi lacks rather.
Doubt the myvi will downshift when you brake or take a cambered corner or downhill like the beemer ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
abubin
post Mar 15 2019, 05:30 PM

10k Club
All Stars
10,423 posts

any solution for MyVi's deep braking system? Free play is too much for MyVi. Read a lot of people having this issue but no conclusion on the solution. Some says change this and that, fix this and that. No real solution.
Jedi
post Mar 15 2019, 06:03 PM

Pax Et Bonum
2,239 posts

QUOTE(abubin @ Mar 15 2019, 05:30 PM)
any solution for MyVi's deep braking system? Free play is too much for MyVi. Read a lot of people having this issue but no conclusion on the solution. Some says change this and that, fix this and that. No real solution.
Theres a solution. Read this thread. I overhauled my brakes and learnt alot plus avoided a few potential accident bec I found this thread

Satisfaction 10 out of 10.

If ur the lazy type to read thru

user posted image

There ya go.
abubin
post Mar 18 2019, 11:18 AM

10k Club
All Stars
10,423 posts

Thanks for the info. Will consider this. But kinda high price to do for a 13 year old car used for just driving to work and back.
TSJonsnow68
post May 24 2019, 08:23 PM

Getting Started
104 posts

QUOTE(abubin @ Mar 18 2019, 11:18 AM)
Thanks for the info. Will consider this. But kinda high price to do for a 13 year old car used for just driving to work and back.
Managed to fix your problem bro?
DreMAx
post May 24 2019, 11:44 PM

Nature's Best Music
3,799 posts

The "For first 100 sets" fine print :haha:
I wonder how much is the 101st set

I have up-sized my calipers and rotors for my Myvi also. So far I am satisfied to a certain extend but having the stock master cylinder, there's still a bit of that sluggish feeling to the brakes just like before.

3 Pages < 1 2 3 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0170sec    0.54    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:48 PM