Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

How to buy movie tickets these days?, Online / sms / phone booking vs queue

views

TSshipal
post May 31 2007, 08:52 PM, updated 17y ago

Getting Started
Validating
247 posts

Haven't watch a cinema movie for a long time now.

With all these new online/sms/phone booking, I think the service is abused. Many people doing multiple bookings.... always full. (cinemas should charge during booking process, instead of during collection)

So what's left to do? Queue for tickets 30 mins before movie, for booking cancellations?
jimmy.soo
post May 31 2007, 09:04 PM

Happy Go Lucky
1,040 posts

sigh, reservation is liddat one le... those hot/popular movies are getting much attention, advance booking/purchase also available

charge during reservation? how? lol u dont have to pay while reserve tickets one le? sometimes lets say when u reserve 4 tickets, but in the end u only need 3, so at the mean time... u cant collect the reservation what... right? some more need to be charged if didnt collect the ticket

den i guess no one will ever make a reservation again liao tongue.gif hehe
KiddTkl
post May 31 2007, 09:04 PM

Getting Started
214 posts

obviously on-line booking shld b the 1st in mind if u wanna book... it's not really abused jz that if u r lookin for a blockbuster premier then if u don't book or buy the ticket 1 week aheadd most probably u won't get it. if it's a movie already 1 month old then u can jz go 2 d cinema n buy on d spot.. unless it's ladies night or wednesday IMO.
jimmy.soo
post May 31 2007, 09:07 PM

Happy Go Lucky
1,040 posts

QUOTE(KiddTkl @ May 31 2007, 09:04 PM)
obviously on-line booking shld b the 1st in mind if u wanna book... it's not really abused jz that if u r lookin for a blockbuster premier then if u don't book or buy the ticket 1 week aheadd most probably u won't get it. if it's a movie already 1 month old then u can jz go 2 d cinema n buy on d spot.. unless it's ladies night or wednesday IMO.
agree, but hor like TS said, alot of ppl like to book as much ticket as possible den only decide how many ppl going... like per reservation 6 tickets, another 4 = 10
so u can choose 10 ppl go together or 6 or even 4 biggrin.gif
erikachen
post May 31 2007, 10:50 PM

Casual
437 posts

u can use GSC e-payment if u got credit card biggrin.gif
no need to take before 45mins.... rclxms.gif
take it after the movie start oso can ~~ ^^

you can buy how many tickets u wan...
you can choose where to sit oso.... icon_rolleyes.gif

This post has been edited by erikachen: May 31 2007, 10:52 PM
vin_ann
post May 31 2007, 11:27 PM

10k Club
All Stars
10,912 posts

QUOTE(erikachen @ May 31 2007, 10:50 PM)
u can use GSC e-payment if u got credit card biggrin.gif
no need to take before 45mins....  rclxms.gif
take it after the movie start oso can ~~ ^^

you can buy how many tickets u wan...
you can choose where to sit oso.... icon_rolleyes.gif
thumbup.gif thumbup.gif
yaya...
i'm loving it...
hehe...
since im buy online, each time i get the last 3 row... thumbup.gif
even the pirates movie, i go in and check, still can buy nice seat...
murphyslaw
post Jun 1 2007, 09:21 PM

Getting Started
65 posts

GSC epayment charges during booking? Will try it then, got more chance of having tickets
darkages
post Jun 1 2007, 09:24 PM

Jam Bumi
Group Icon
VIP
4,206 posts

Anybody tried using NextG to buy GSC's ticket via e-payment?
murphyslaw
post Jun 5 2007, 09:02 PM

Getting Started
65 posts

Online booking opens how many days before show? 6?
DaGlue
post Jun 6 2007, 04:32 AM

A Thousand Suns
1,853 posts

Long time never go to watch movie in the cinema, since I got Bee Tee! But most of the time, I will do online booking because it is more easier and time saving.
Hackezkk
post Jun 6 2007, 09:56 PM

~::CiPan'S LovEr::~
1,959 posts

how to do sms booking?can??
extrasugar
post Jun 6 2007, 11:49 PM

Getting Started
72 posts

loving the online booking / sms / telephone[nvr tried tho, the line is alwaaaays busy] .

just today, booked two different movies via SMS. booked just an hour before both of the show and got the last row for both of the show!!, and even the seat was for four, there was only me & my friend. seems like buy one seat, free one seat tongue.gif maybe the other two seat besides us was a cancelled reservation. so damn lucky lah us. brows.gifdrool.gif
also i realized at the booking counter, for those who booked their ticket via SMS or telephone, they will never get the front row, only 6/7 row from the back.

kinda pitied those who queued so long, even i was at the cinema around 10am, the line was so damn long until it had to continued at the emergency stairs. oh well, school holidays. cool2.gif

on the other note, last time, at imax, i didn't booked spiderman 3 for its first day show earlier. but then, the show was at 6pm, and the uncollected reservation is open for public 30 minutes earlier. hahahaah, thank god for those who didn't collect their ticket earlier, i get to watch it and the best damn thing was, it was in the right middle seat and the last row. icon_rolleyes.gif thumbup.gif

emino
post Jun 7 2007, 09:25 PM

IG - riezforester
5,935 posts

Another way is going to the cinema a week before that (depends on the cinema actually, some only allow 3-5 days before the actual showing) and buy the tickets for the show.
BridgestoneRE711
post Jun 9 2007, 04:21 AM

♦ ♣ ♥ ♠
3,429 posts

trust me . use sms or phone booking . the seat is much better .
sometimes when i que , when i see it is too long .
i use phone , sms booking .
then walk to the counter buy .
save my 20minutes.
Ahlok
post Jun 9 2007, 04:37 AM

NERF THIS!
1,088 posts

QUOTE(BridgestoneRE711 @ Jun 9 2007, 04:21 AM)
trust me . use sms or phone booking . the seat is much better .
sometimes when i que , when i see it is too long .
i use phone , sms booking .
then walk to the counter buy .
save my 20minutes.
i dont understand rclxub.gif
ah_keh
post Jun 11 2007, 07:42 PM

keh
4,574 posts

QUOTE(Ahlok @ Jun 9 2007, 04:37 AM)
i dont understand  rclxub.gif
lol he meant he'll buy his tickets over the counter.. if the queue is long thn he'll try his luck through phone or sms booking while queuing up.. once fon/sms booking confirmed he'll jz change to a diff counter to collect his tickets..

more like comparing which one is faster.. but i wud personally recommend to get the tix few days in advance.. nod.gif
murphyslaw
post Jun 14 2007, 11:20 PM

Getting Started
65 posts

Once again, online / phone booking starts how many days before screening? 3 days? 6 days?
popsoul
post Jun 15 2007, 10:11 AM

不死鳥
2,358 posts

Online booking should be the most convenience way to get the right seat. But i like to hijack the abandoned pre-booking seat by directly go to the counter and ask for it. However, you'll need to make sure you get it right date.
goliath
post Jun 15 2007, 11:06 AM

5,529 posts

So, I purchased a few tickets online (GSC.com.my) and I was given booking number. My question is, can I go to the counter and collect the tickets or I could only do it at kiosk booth?
popsoul
post Jun 15 2007, 11:11 AM

不死鳥
2,358 posts

QUOTE(goliath @ Jun 15 2007, 11:06 AM)
So, I purchased a few tickets online (GSC.com.my) and I was given booking number. My question is, can I go to the counter and collect the tickets or I could only do it at kiosk booth?
You can directly head to the 'reservation' counter to colelct your ticket by mention your booking number. Precautious that you will need to attend half hour before the movie start for a valid collection. Other than that, i will hijack your ticket short after the half hour before movie started. tongue.gif

3 Pages  1 2 3 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0265sec    0.59    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:38 PM