Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Renting out property without agent

Smoothpow
post Sep 15 2018, 08:39 PM, updated 2w ago

Group: Newbie

I have a few questions regarding renting out property:

1) if I find tenant without agent, how do I prepare a tenancy agreement? can I use the previous agreement as a guide?

2) Is stamping really necessary if both parties already sign the tenancy agreement and I think the tenant is a good tenant.

3) Do room rental less than RM 900 need to prepare tenancy agreement and stamping? How much is the treshold before tenancy agreement and stamping is needed?

AskarPerang
post Sep 15 2018, 09:04 PM

~tUPaI...~
Group: Senior Member

Tenancy agreement template so many available. Just google search to save cost. Or you can hire a lawyer to draft for you. Stamping is up to you. You want lari paying cukai then no need stamp. But anything happen you bear the consequences.

Lowest rental acceptable by LHDN i guess is 200 or 300. You can check with LHDN. Lowest rental 1 year tenancy only cost RM5. Duplicate copy will charge RM10 each copy.
lotep
post Sep 15 2018, 09:17 PM

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

QUOTE(Smoothpow @ Sep 15 2018, 08:39 PM)
I have a few questions regarding renting out property:

1) if I find tenant without agent, how do I prepare a tenancy agreement? can I use the previous agreement as a guide?

2) Is stamping really necessary if both parties already sign the tenancy agreement and I think the tenant is a good tenant.

3) Do room rental less than RM 900 need to prepare tenancy agreement and stamping? How much is the treshold before tenancy agreement and stamping is needed?
Item 2) Stamping purpose is more to safeguard both parties interest in event there is a major dispute. Unstamped document is not admissible in court.
nexona88
post Sep 15 2018, 09:57 PM

VIP Club House
Group: Senior Member

The agreement easy to draft leh.. Schools children also can do it 😎😎

Stamping is to save your ass if anything happens... U dare to take risk.. Then don't needs...

Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0600sec    4.49    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 23rd September 2018 - 10:16 AM