views

TSyontoro
post Sep 14 2018, 07:43 AM, updated 6y ago

2 posts

Just thought I would start a fat loss journal here

Height: 170cm
Weight: 69kg
BF% : 15% using inbody machine in the gym

About myself, on March 2018, I was at the fattest point in my life, 85kg and very out of shape. I didn't really care until my gf showed me a picture we took together, and I was shocked at how fat and rounded I have become.
Since then I have been losing my weight/fat with pretty good results.

2009-2010:
Weight 62-64kg

Was a pretty active guy, consistently working out 6 days per week, Monday - Saturday, Sunday is strictly rest day.
10km run in the morning
Weight training in gym in afternoon
10km run in evening

Also got PT sessions at that time where I learned the basics of weight lifting.

Still in college at that time, so a lot of free time, was eating right most of the time, but didn't count calories or macros at all.

2011-2018:
Weight 70-80kg

Knee was injured and didn't really recover for years, so have stopped being active, and the weight/fat just keeps adding up.
Didn't actually do any physical activity consistently for the whole period.
Tried to get back into running but my knee won't allow me to run for more than few minutes, so I gave up.

March 2018:
Weight 85kg

I begin by counting my calories and drastically reduce my calorie intake.
I was only eating roughly 1000 calories per day, and started with some weight lifting(in my condo gym) and 20 mins of steady state cardio.

Typical meal for the day is as below, and I typically have a cheat weekend, Sat/Sun, eating whatever I want.

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

By the end of the month, I finally dropped below 80kg, I weighted 79kg on 27th March 2018.

April 2018:
Consistent drop in weight over the weeks, continuing my diet and workout sessions.

May 2018:
Weight 75kg

I was seeing consistent drops throughout the month, going as low as 73kg.
Around this time all my pants don't fit anymore and I needed a belt to keep the pants up.

June 2018:
Weight 72-73kg

At this point, I was a bit worn out by the strict calorie restriction and started to change up a little, at this point I have stopped tracking calories and was eating whenever I was hungry.

I signed up at a gym as my condo gym is too limited in terms of equipment, I typically go to the gym 3x a week doing 3 day splits.
Chest/Biceps
Back/Triceps
Legs/Shoulders
Abs on every alternate days
Started mixing in HIIT in my cardio, 3-4 times per week

At the same time I tried out IF, 16/8 up to 20/4, I find it really hard to stick to IF and still socialize.

July 2018:
Weight 71-74kg

Didn't like feeling sore all over all the time, hungry all the time, weak all the time, generally feeling like dying all the time.
So I loosened up my diet even more, without counting calories/macronutrients at all.

At this point, I also started to focus more on weight lifting, and reduced my cardio.

August 2018:
Weight 71-74kg

I felt as if I have plateaued and did not make any progress at all.
So I bumped up my workouts.
Working out 6 days a week:
HIIT in the morning
Weight training in the afternoon
Steady state cardio in the evening

I also started eating alot more high protein foods, and started taking protein supplements.
Without tracking calories as well.

September 2018:
Weight 69kg - 74kg

I decided it's time to check and tidy up my diet as I haven't made any progress for few months.

Started counting calories again, and noticed I have eaten way more than I should.

So with my new diet, starting Sept 3rd, I aim to eat around 1500-1800 calories per day, and take around 120-150g of protein per day, didn't really care about carbs/fats, just keeping them in moderation.

Typical meals:
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Removed HIIT from my routine as it is too taxing and takes too long to recover, doing weight training and steady state(20-60mins) almost daily.
This week I was able to hit a new PR on both dead lifts and squats.
Also able to do more pull ups/chin ups with good form.

I woke up this morning and I weighted 69kg, from the 74kg last week, was steadily dropping 1kg every 1-2 days.

I always challenge myself and increase the intensity of my workouts whenever possible, be it lifting heavier, doing more reps for body weights, running faster/longer.
My goal is to generally be a fit and lean individual and hope to reach my fitness level 8 years ago.

internaldisputes
post Sep 15 2018, 10:47 AM

he/his/him
1,723 posts

You really work hard... This is really inspiring. I hope you will achieve your goal. All the best!

Does the inbody machine gives you an estimate of how much muscle mass you have?
TSyontoro
post Sep 16 2018, 08:46 AM

2 posts

QUOTE(internaldisputes @ Sep 15 2018, 10:47 AM)
You really work hard... This is really inspiring. I hope you will achieve your goal. All the best!

Does the inbody machine gives you an estimate of how much muscle mass you have?
Nice to know that you find it inspiring, will work hard toward my goals.

The inbody machine does give an estimate of muscle mass.

Here is the result of the 1 i took yesterday:

Weight: 70kg
Skeletal Muscle Mass: 33.9kg
Body fat mass: 10.7kg
Body fat %: 15.3%
Corsair0418
post Apr 30 2019, 05:35 PM

24K KARAT MAGIC
589 posts

aiyo. im exactly like u. last time used to workout, witth gf 3 years, now became rounded and fat. just signed a gym. first week cardio, then start weight lifting, didnt really count my calories intake, just cut off sugar & rice. but still look so fat hahaha
EX Unseen Forces
post Jun 30 2023, 01:17 PM

Getting Started
74 posts

I think 67-68kg is perfect for you. No need lower until 62-64kg as you will lost your precious muscle mass. smile.gif

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0117sec    0.28    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:17 PM