Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Renew maid passport and permit

views

TSdark_elvin
post Sep 13 2018, 01:23 PM, updated 6y ago

Getting Started
85 posts

My maid permit will be expired on November 18. I would like to renew her permit, but her passport validity less than 1 year, so I need to renew her passport first. I checked with maid agent and have few questions:

1) After renew maid passport, need to get another sticker from Malaysia Immigration ? Coz agent charge me another RM200 ++ for that

2) After renew maid permit, it will be her fifth year work for me. She need to go through fomema ? Coz last year she no need to do tat for permit renewal

3) After above process, I can directly renew her permit through myeg (with her new passport) ?

Hopefully someone can enlighten me.

Thank You

This post has been edited by dark_elvin: Sep 13 2018, 01:24 PM
crabken
post Sep 13 2018, 01:34 PM

28 posts

have to pass through FOMEMA first then only u can renew your maid permit through myeg .. sticker will be send to u according to the delivery address in myeg ...

oh ya the new passport have to be updated at imigresen in order for the new permit to proceed by myeg ..

This post has been edited by crabken: Sep 13 2018, 01:37 PM
loki
post Sep 13 2018, 01:35 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,086 posts

your agent should know better bro, why dont you ask them? so you want to undercut your agent and do it yourself?
dwijadas
post Sep 13 2018, 01:40 PM

Enthusiast
713 posts

you dont need agent.

1. Get her passport renewed
2. visit immigration office - in person to stick the visa into new passport
3. go Fomema - now every year must do, not like before after 3 years not required
4. Apply renewal online

Only one time you need to visit immigration is to change the visa to new passport. if an agent charge you RM200 is worth. save your time. if you are not working then go do it yourself.

hope this helps.
crabken
post Sep 13 2018, 01:46 PM

28 posts

alternate year after first 3 years

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
SUSshephard86
post Sep 13 2018, 04:36 PM

Getting Started
244 posts

Better let agent do it. Only do it urself if u are close with the immigration staff. Otherwise they will give u lots of problem.
Divou
post Sep 13 2018, 05:08 PM

Getting Started
53 posts

QUOTE(dark_elvin @ Sep 13 2018, 01:23 PM)
My maid permit will be expired on November 18.  I would like to renew her permit, but her passport validity less than 1 year, so I need to renew her passport first. I checked with maid agent and have few questions:

1) After renew maid passport, need to get another sticker from Malaysia Immigration ? Coz agent charge me another RM200 ++ for that

2) After renew maid permit, it will be her fifth year work for me. She need to go through fomema ? Coz last year she no need  to do tat for permit renewal

3) After above process, I can directly renew her permit through myeg (with her new passport) ?

Hopefully someone can enlighten me.

Thank You
Technically yes, as you need to have her permit transferred to the new passport but you can do this at the same time you renew her permit. Before renewing her permit, bring her new and old passport to immigration to have her permit transferred. After done this, proceed to register her with Fomema for medical examination. Bring copies of her old and new passport to Fomema as the passport no in the Fomema neef to be changed to her new no.

Then, send her to do medical checkup. After she has been certified fit by Fomema, you can renew her permit yourself through Myeg.

All these processes can easily be carried out yourself without the neef of an agent.

TSdark_elvin
post Oct 1 2018, 03:37 PM

Getting Started
85 posts

QUOTE(Divou @ Sep 13 2018, 05:08 PM)
Technically yes, as you need to have her permit transferred to the new passport but you can do this at the same time you renew her permit. Before renewing her permit, bring her new and old passport to immigration to have her permit transferred. After done this, proceed to register her with Fomema for medical examination. Bring copies of her old and new passport to Fomema as the passport no in the Fomema neef to be changed to her new no.

Then, send her to do medical checkup. After she has been certified fit by Fomema, you can renew her permit yourself through Myeg.

All these processes can easily be carried out yourself without the neef of an agent.
Am I need to bring my maid together to immigration to transfer her permit? Normally this process need to take how long?
Divou
post Oct 1 2018, 04:05 PM

Getting Started
53 posts

You dont have to bring your maid there. The employer ( name that appears in the maid's permit ) has to go. If that employer is not able to go to immigration, the spouse can go on behalf ( bring along marriage cert. ). Not many people niw at immigration. Immigration will pricess on the spot, maybe takes 10-15 minutes. To save money ,after transfer, no need to have the sticker pasted on the new passport. Just renew at Myeg. After renewal, Myeg will paste the permit in the new passport

This post has been edited by Divou: Oct 1 2018, 04:10 PM
TSdark_elvin
post Oct 1 2018, 05:48 PM

Getting Started
85 posts

QUOTE(Divou @ Oct 1 2018, 04:05 PM)
You dont have to bring your maid there. The employer ( name that appears in the maid's permit ) has to go. If that employer is not able to go to immigration, the spouse can go on behalf ( bring along marriage cert. ). Not many people niw at immigration. Immigration will pricess on the spot, maybe takes 10-15 minutes. To save money ,after transfer, no need to have the sticker pasted on the new passport. Just renew at Myeg. After renewal, Myeg will paste the permit in the new passport
If my dad is the employer, can I go on behalf of him?
orangutan
post Oct 1 2018, 05:55 PM

On my way
670 posts

What about the maid employment contract? Do we need to do anything about this? Cos the agency said have to go back to them for renewal.
MeToo
post Oct 1 2018, 05:56 PM

Look at all my stars!!
9,297 posts

QUOTE(dwijadas @ Sep 13 2018, 01:40 PM)
you dont need agent.

1. Get her passport renewed
2. visit immigration office - in person to stick the visa into new passport
3. go Fomema - now every year must do, not like before after 3 years not required
4. Apply renewal online

Only one time you need to visit immigration is to change the visa to new passport. if an agent charge you RM200 is worth. save your time. if you are not working then go do it yourself.

hope this helps.
I use an agent, cause each day leave is going to cost me much more then whatever agent charges me
Divou
post Oct 1 2018, 07:42 PM

Getting Started
53 posts

QUOTE(dark_elvin @ Oct 1 2018, 05:48 PM)
If my dad is the employer, can I go on behalf of him?
Should be ok but you need to bring relevant documents to prove that he is your father. Bring also a copy of your dad IC. However if possible bring your dad along ( avoid all the hassles ), it doesn't take long time as these days , immigration counters for permit are not busy at all as all renewals are done by Myeg already.
Divou
post Oct 1 2018, 07:50 PM

Getting Started
53 posts

QUOTE(orangutan @ Oct 1 2018, 05:55 PM)
What about the maid employment contract? Do we need to do anything about this? Cos the agency said have to go back to them for renewal.
Depends on the nationality. For renewal of Filipino passport, maid employment contract is required. The embassy staff would ensure that employers pay according to their government requirement which is minimum USD400 ( converted to RM ) per month.

As for Indonesia, these days, the Indonesia embassy is less strict than last time and renewal can be done without employment contract and presence of employer. If you want to send your maid there, just make a photocopy of the employer's IC and write a simple letter confirming that maid belongs to you and request them to renew her passport so that you could renew her permit. She can go there alone ( last time employer had to be there ). Passport will ready on the 4th day of application. Eg. apply on Monday, collection on Thursday.
TSdark_elvin
post Oct 2 2018, 03:57 PM

Getting Started
85 posts

For registering Fomema, what should I select for employer type ? Individual Employers or Maid Online Employers? My one is existing maid, fourth year to fifth year now.
tikielf
post Oct 21 2018, 10:39 AM

2 posts

QUOTE(dark_elvin @ Oct 2 2018, 03:57 PM)
For registering Fomema, what should I select for employer type ? Individual Employers or Maid Online Employers? My one is existing maid, fourth year to fifth year now.

Did you manage to renew your maid's passport? Can I confirm that we don't need to get a contract done including insurance? I've been getting conflicting information from online so would prefer some first hand experience.
TSdark_elvin
post Oct 21 2018, 06:05 PM

Getting Started
85 posts

QUOTE(tikielf @ Oct 21 2018, 10:39 AM)
Did you manage to renew your maid's passport? Can I confirm that we don't need to get a contract done including insurance? I've been getting conflicting information from online so would prefer some first hand experience.
Yes, I had renewed my maid passport successfully.

If your maid want to back Indonesia for holiday, then contract and insurance are mandatory. But if she just need passport renewal, then Indonesia insurance should be sufficient.
budak minyak
post Oct 7 2019, 08:56 PM

Getting Started
257 posts

Hi. Anybody can help enlighten me what should i do if i forgot to renew my maid work permit? Her work permit already expired and i totally forgot to renew it. Can i still renew it after months of expiry? Can anyone advise what's gonna happen?
ahwai
post Oct 8 2019, 09:04 PM

Casual
445 posts

Go FOMEMA medical check up then use MYEG to renew
misty1984
post Nov 17 2019, 02:26 AM

10 posts

Hi,

I would like to ask for the steps as i afraid that i might be wrong:

My maid has renewed the passport, so should i go immigration to transfer the permit first, or i can proceed for the fomema check up first?
I read that in fomema website there is a line stated that if passport renewed then have to attach both copy of new and old passport, but seems did not mentioned about the permit has to be transferred to the new passport first.

If the fomema can be done first, then i might as well get it done and proceed to immigration and renew the permit together.

rclxub.gif

2 Pages  1 2 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0158sec    0.36    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:36 PM