Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

92 Pages « < 56 57 58 59 60 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Apple Watch Series 4 Official Discussion Thread, All new. For a better you.

views

St. Teh
post Dec 7 2018, 11:13 AM

Getting Started
266 posts

QUOTE(chiahau @ Dec 7 2018, 10:41 AM)
RM 70 for AW4 coat if you get your phone coated at RM 225. Normal price for AW4 only coat at RM 130
hahaha....got it thank you rclxms.gif
wong_86
post Dec 7 2018, 11:29 AM

Casual
486 posts

QUOTE(Acethriller @ Dec 7 2018, 10:16 AM)
Unable to enable ECG function even though change region to US. Sad.
Only sell in US territory have ECG function, it uses serial number method to detect.
sebnimh84
post Dec 7 2018, 02:38 PM

Casual
321 posts

QUOTE(St. Teh @ Dec 7 2018, 11:13 AM)
hahaha....got it thank you  rclxms.gif
Ya leaving the AW4 now to have the coat settle in. Suddenly feel so naked without the watch's notifications. Now waiting for my sup gear strap from the Apple watch FB group.

Leather straps apart from the very pricey Nomad what do you guys reckon?
St. Teh
post Dec 7 2018, 02:58 PM

Getting Started
266 posts

QUOTE(sebnimh84 @ Dec 7 2018, 02:38 PM)
Ya leaving the AW4 now to have the coat settle in. Suddenly feel so naked without the watch's notifications. Now waiting for my sup gear strap from the Apple watch FB group.

Leather straps apart from the very pricey Nomad what do you guys reckon?
I didnt give AW4 any gear, just leave it naked (with coating now), feel so great with nothing biggrin.gif
k2017
post Dec 7 2018, 03:05 PM

Getting Started
224 posts

QUOTE(sebnimh84 @ Dec 7 2018, 01:10 AM)
Just FYI guys... Just coated my AW4 with Mobile Outfitters clear coat at Sunway Pyramid. They just restocked this week.

RM 70 for AW4 coat if you get your phone coated at RM 225. Normal price for AW4 only coat at RM 130.

Was advised not to use the watch for next 24 hours til the coat settles down. Will share pics soon
did you apply tempered glass/screen protector as well?
harmeet15
post Dec 7 2018, 03:12 PM

Winners don't make excuses
2,714 posts

QUOTE(EdwinCodec @ Dec 6 2018, 10:42 PM)
QUOTE(Acethriller @ Dec 7 2018, 10:16 AM)
Unable to enable ECG function even though change region to US. Sad.
Changing Your Apple Watch or iPhone's Region Won't Enable ECG App Outside of United States

Apple today released watchOS 5.1.2, which enables the ECG app on Apple Watch Series 4 models. However, as Apple made clear, the ECG app is currently only available in the United States and its territories of Puerto Rico, Guam, and the U.S. Virgin Islands, preventing it from being used internationally at this time.
Many software features on Apple devices are initially limited to the United States, but international users have often been able to simply change their iPhone or Apple Watch region to the United States to gain access.
That's not the case with the the ECG app on the Apple Watch Series 4, though, as it only functions on models purchased in the United States. Those who live in and bought an Apple Watch in Canada, the UK, or elsewhere abroad can't use the region-switching trick to enable the ECG app — it doesn't work.
sebnimh84
post Dec 7 2018, 04:07 PM

Casual
321 posts

QUOTE(k2017 @ Dec 7 2018, 03:05 PM)
First 12 days used until kena something and crack. And not recommended as most screen protectors after apply not sensitive.
@skyhawk@
post Dec 8 2018, 01:14 AM

Casual
446 posts

can ggive recommendation shop that hav a lot of AW4 accessories? area KL...
ychwang
post Dec 8 2018, 02:28 AM

Little *
4,607 posts

QUOTE(harmeet15 @ Dec 7 2018, 03:12 PM)
Changing Your Apple Watch or iPhone's Region Won't Enable ECG App Outside of United States

Apple today released watchOS 5.1.2, which enables the ECG app on Apple Watch Series 4 models. However, as Apple made clear, the ECG app is currently only available in the United States and its territories of Puerto Rico, Guam, and the U.S. Virgin Islands, preventing it from being used internationally at this time.
Many software features on Apple devices are initially limited to the United States, but international users have often been able to simply change their iPhone or Apple Watch region to the United States to gain access.
That's not the case with the the ECG app on the Apple Watch Series 4, though, as it only functions on models purchased in the United States. Those who live in and bought an Apple Watch in Canada, the UK, or elsewhere abroad can't use the region-switching trick to enable the ECG app — it doesn't work.
That's too bad
I bought my AW4 in Malaysia then 2week later flew to US bought MBA2018(more exp)

but both AW4 in US is much cheaper than Malaysia and it also can use ECG
andrewtho
post Dec 8 2018, 01:03 PM

Hooded Knight
5,885 posts

QUOTE(k2017 @ Dec 7 2018, 03:05 PM)
With coating, you dont need a screen protector nor casing. If the coat is scuffed, you can get it replaced at a minimal fee as long as you keep the receipt.
calvin_gsc
post Dec 8 2018, 01:12 PM

10k Club
All Stars
10,258 posts

user posted image

I bought this from BIC Camera when I was in Tokyo. I wanted to protect my AW4 as soon as I got it from the Shinjuku store.

1280 JPY + taxes (~MYR51) for a box with two film (Made in Japan). The box states for AW2/3 but works perfectly for the AW4. I believe this is similar material (Polyurethane) to those that are offered by Mobile Outfitters. It was really easy to install. Product info: here.

Very clear and smooth using the screen when applied. Easy to clean too with it's oleophobic property.

This post has been edited by calvin_gsc: Dec 8 2018, 01:15 PM
idoblu
post Dec 8 2018, 06:59 PM

stars for sale
All Stars
11,308 posts

Any hack to make this work outside of USA? Does buying the watch in the US solve this?

This post has been edited by idoblu: Dec 8 2018, 07:00 PM
skyfusion
post Dec 8 2018, 10:02 PM

Getting Started
274 posts

If do coating at Mobile Outfitters, it will protect sides and top glass right?so no need to get tempered glass after that?
Achilles
post Dec 9 2018, 10:56 AM

Getting Started
296 posts

anyone here bought the apple watch with cellular function? Anyone have chance to try eSIM via Huawei Watch from maxis and whether it work?
desreg2913
post Dec 9 2018, 12:50 PM

Regular
1,021 posts

So shouldn’t update first? Tweak of changing of region won’t help? Or only can buy from US?
Just to confirm I understand ur explaination
harmeet15
post Dec 9 2018, 01:14 PM

Winners don't make excuses
2,714 posts

QUOTE(idoblu @ Dec 8 2018, 06:59 PM)
Any hack to make this work outside of USA? Does buying the watch in the US solve this?
So far I did not come across any workaround. Only buying in the US solves this.

QUOTE(Achilles @ Dec 9 2018, 10:56 AM)
anyone here bought the apple watch with cellular function? Anyone have chance to try eSIM via Huawei Watch from maxis and whether it work?
Im using cellular version, using esim for my phone but the app wont let me add a plan to my apple watch as it says Maxis is not configured to work with AW.

QUOTE(desreg2913 @ Dec 9 2018, 12:50 PM)
So shouldn’t update first? Tweak of changing of region won’t help? Or only can buy from US?
Just to confirm I understand ur explaination
Updating is fine, but it won't work here for now.
idoblu
post Dec 9 2018, 02:01 PM

stars for sale
All Stars
11,308 posts

QUOTE(harmeet15 @ Dec 9 2018, 01:14 PM)
Im using cellular version, using esim for my phone but the app wont let me add a plan to my apple watch as it says Maxis is not configured to work with AW.
Thank you for that info 👍🏻
s7ran9er
post Dec 9 2018, 06:47 PM

ლ(;◉;益;◉;ლ)
4,210 posts

Been using AW0 naked when I got it, the stainless steel is all bruised up with scratches and marks and the screen still doing fine without any scratches.

Now, it seems to me that you folks like to put cases and screen protectors on your AW4?
red1982
post Dec 9 2018, 08:50 PM

Casual
488 posts

bought myself the 44 space grey .. so dissapointed cannot have ecg on this watch .. so hopeless.. all watch sell in malaysia confirm cannot use ecg
Achilles
post Dec 9 2018, 10:25 PM

Getting Started
296 posts

QUOTE(harmeet15 @ Dec 9 2018, 02:14 PM)
Thanks, look like not luck to use the cellular function in Malaysia 🥴

92 Pages « < 56 57 58 59 60 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0234sec    0.47    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:26 AM