I've currently shortlisted 2 units in the same condo and my only consideration is whether I should pay more for a fully renovated and fully furnished unit.
- Both toilets are in horrible state, need to completely replace all the fittings and tiles
- 6 floors lower than the other
- all 3 rooms need to replace the tiles
- no aircon in the small room
- kitchen close eyes still can use but tiles is ugly as well
- interior need to be repainted
- smaller intermediate unit
- RM70k cheaper
Fully furnished unt
- 73 sq/ft bigger, corner unit
- Fully renovated, new tiles ,but need to repaint and repair the some part of the wall as there are many lubang from previous nails
- Fully renovated toilets with new fittings and tiles
- Furnished with sofa, dining table, beds, wardrobes and aircon for all rooms, but 1 need to be replaced (hall)
- higher floor
- RM70k more than the basic unit
I understand that for every cent you borrow, you would end up paying double the amount when you fully settle the loan due to interest.
My only concern is that renovation is always a risky task as every contractor will charge you more than the initial quotation due to variation of work.
Hope to receive some input here.
Subsale, buy renovated or basic unit