Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Places to change how mind thinking?

views

TScloudstrifes
post Sep 11 2018, 09:07 AM, updated 5y ago

Casual
464 posts

Hi,

Is there a place where you can learn how to alternate your error thinking with some sort of therapist?

Thank You
Fat & Fluffy
post Oct 8 2018, 02:15 PM

Casual
397 posts

https://www.themindfaculty.com/
TScloudstrifes
post Dec 18 2018, 11:16 AM

Casual
464 posts

QUOTE(Fat & Fluffy @ Oct 8 2018, 02:15 PM)
as far as i know this place is very expensive and i also saw some bad reviews on it. Basically they have psychologist and psychiatrist only.

What makes them so special that can change my belief or ways of thinking? Just curious
Fat & Fluffy
post Dec 18 2018, 12:28 PM

Casual
397 posts

QUOTE(cloudstrifes @ Dec 18 2018, 01:16 PM)
as far as i know this place is very expensive and i also saw some bad reviews on it. Basically they have psychologist and psychiatrist only.

What makes them so special that can change my belief or ways of thinking? Just curious
psychologist and psychiatrist are professionals... who else are you expecting?

not too sure... i was recommended them.. but was not a client
TScloudstrifes
post Dec 18 2018, 07:42 PM

Casual
464 posts

QUOTE(Fat & Fluffy @ Dec 18 2018, 12:28 PM)
psychologist and psychiatrist are professionals... who else are you expecting?

not too sure... i was recommended them..  but was not a client
i don't know haha... as long as someone who can change my thoughts.

so far i met psychologist and psychiatrist and none of them able to change my thought.
Fat & Fluffy
post Dec 18 2018, 11:52 PM

Casual
397 posts

QUOTE(cloudstrifes @ Dec 18 2018, 09:42 PM)
i don't know haha... as long as someone who can change my thoughts.

so far i met psychologist and psychiatrist and none of them able to change my thought.
keep trying... others can only facilitate your healing.. most importantly is yourself wants to be healed
TScloudstrifes
post Dec 19 2018, 12:05 PM

Casual
464 posts

QUOTE(Fat & Fluffy @ Dec 18 2018, 11:52 PM)
keep trying... others can only facilitate your healing.. most importantly is yourself wants to be healed
I wanted to try, but $$$ is an issue also. I’m not born rich and mind faculty is not cheap and these treatment are expensive as well. Total up I think I have spent around 10k. Psychologist, psychiatrist, hypnotherapy and also spiritual healing.
Fat & Fluffy
post Dec 19 2018, 01:21 PM

Casual
397 posts

QUOTE(cloudstrifes @ Dec 19 2018, 02:05 PM)
I wanted to try, but $$$ is an issue also. I’m not born rich and mind faculty is not cheap and these treatment are expensive as well. Total up I think I have spent around 10k. Psychologist, psychiatrist, hypnotherapy and also spiritual healing.
i dont want to pretend to know what you're going through... or even give advice like am an expert... but i believe healing starts from oneself not just relying on external help.. .but internally your mind have to truly be willing to accept
TScloudstrifes
post Dec 19 2018, 06:59 PM

Casual
464 posts

QUOTE(Fat & Fluffy @ Dec 19 2018, 01:21 PM)
i dont want to pretend to know what you're going through... or even give advice like am an expert... but i believe healing starts from oneself not just relying on external help.. .but internally your mind have to truly be willing to accept
I respect your answer, but may I know what makes you sees that way? is it because I have been posting a lot and requesting from help?
Fat & Fluffy
post Dec 19 2018, 07:43 PM

Casual
397 posts

QUOTE(cloudstrifes @ Dec 19 2018, 08:59 PM)
I respect your answer, but may I know what makes you sees that way? is it because I have been posting a lot and requesting from help?
nothing to do with you.. am sharing cause i have a friend.. that have been suffering from depression for years... resigned recently... his conditioned seems to be worsening... now even become anti-social by not wanting to join us jalan2... i try to help him, but he try to avoid and still think his own way of dealing with it is the best which isnt... his family is not supportive or rather dont know what's going on... i feel sad for him
TScloudstrifes
post Dec 20 2018, 11:24 AM

Casual
464 posts

QUOTE(Fat & Fluffy @ Dec 19 2018, 07:43 PM)
nothing to do with you.. am sharing cause i have a friend.. that have been suffering from depression for years... resigned recently... his conditioned seems to be worsening... now even become anti-social by not wanting to join us jalan2... i try to help him, but he try to avoid and still think his own way of dealing with it is the best which isnt... his family is not supportive or rather dont know what's going on... i feel sad for him
I see, actually i understand how he feels. I am gonna resign soon as well, being complained by boss for my job attitude and decrease of performance which makes me very sad which I no longer able to perform.

I try very hard to make myself better to try many different therapy, but all doesn't seem working in some way.
Fat & Fluffy
post Dec 20 2018, 09:09 PM

Casual
397 posts

QUOTE(cloudstrifes @ Dec 20 2018, 01:24 PM)
I see, actually i understand how he feels. I am gonna resign soon as well, being complained by boss for my job attitude and decrease of performance which makes me very sad which I no longer able to perform.

I try very hard to make myself better to try many different therapy, but all doesn't seem working in some way.
dont resign... trust me... get another job first... leave a gap in between job... then try to heal during this period
TScloudstrifes
post Dec 21 2018, 07:56 PM

Casual
464 posts

QUOTE(Fat & Fluffy @ Dec 20 2018, 09:09 PM)
dont resign... trust me... get another job first... leave a gap in between job... then try to heal during this period
i have no choice i have been under going a lot stress being judged and being complain about my performance and i have no idea when i can get to recover.
Fat & Fluffy
post Dec 22 2018, 01:15 AM

Casual
397 posts

QUOTE(cloudstrifes @ Dec 21 2018, 09:56 PM)
i have no choice i have been under going a lot stress being judged and being complain about my performance and i have no idea when i can get to recover.
well, there 2 issues now... the job and yourself... for the job, you got to suck it up and face it the best you can for yourself and also the company.... as for yourself, the journey continues until you're healed... you just got to keep on trying
TScloudstrifes
post Dec 22 2018, 06:33 PM

Casual
464 posts

no i can't handle the stress anymore. if keeps on working in this way, i think it will make my condition go even worst. that is why i choose to resign.

thing is not as easy as saying just suck it up and move on.
ARKCC P
post Jun 29 2019, 12:54 AM

Probation
8 posts

QUOTE(cloudstrifes @ Sep 11 2018, 09:07 AM)
Hi,

Is there a place where you can learn how to alternate your error thinking with some sort of therapist?

Thank You
I guess you may properly have learnt or heard about CBT/REBT if you've been working with the psychiatric/psychologist on your issue?
This is most properly the therapeutic approach used when you want to alter your "error thinking". smile.gif

Well, theoretically it works well, but also bear in mind that to "alter" or "change" something you believe in (especially those thing in your religion and etc.), is way too difficult than you can ever imagine by just following the steps in these theories.

What you need to change is not only what you think, so is not merely to alter the "error thinking", but also how you think and why you think that way and etc....

Carl R. Rogers once said that “we cannot change, we cannot move away from what we are, until we thoroughly accept what we are. Then change seems to come about almost unnoticed.”  

Also like what Virginia Satir said: "Problems are not the problem: coping is the problem." and “Your responses to the events of life are more important than the events themselves.”

Follow us on FB/Insta to learn more about MentalHealth @arkcc.my

Joseph @ARKCC
p/s: We are not cheap too, but affordable! rclxm9.gif

TScloudstrifes
post Jul 11 2019, 10:34 AM

Casual
464 posts

QUOTE(ARKCC @ Jun 29 2019, 12:54 AM)
I guess you may properly have learnt or heard about CBT/REBT if you've been working with the psychiatric/psychologist on your issue?
This is most properly the therapeutic approach used when you want to alter your "error thinking". smile.gif

Well, theoretically it works well, but also bear in mind that to "alter" or "change" something you believe in (especially those thing in your religion and etc.), is way too difficult than you can ever imagine by just following the steps in these theories.

What you need to change is not only what you think, so is not merely to alter the "error thinking", but also how you think and why you think that way and etc....

Carl R. Rogers  once said that “we cannot change, we cannot move away from what we are, until we thoroughly accept what we are. Then change seems to come about almost unnoticed.”  

Also like what Virginia Satir said: "Problems are not the problem:  coping is the problem." and  “Your responses to the events of life are more important than the events themselves.”
Follow us on FB/Insta to learn more about MentalHealth @arkcc.my

Joseph @ARKCC
p/s: We are not cheap too, but affordable!  rclxm9.gif
yeah i have heard before CBT and i went one before, but it doesn't help in changing my error thinking. That is why I am looking places which can alter my way of thinking which so traumatizing to me.
reil
post Jul 27 2019, 01:51 AM

20 posts

Have you tried university hospitals? eg PPUM, PPUKM, UPM? They are more affordable since they are semi government. I feel like I can trust them since they trained professionals there. Finding suitable therapist is trial and error. I heard some people had to change several therapists until they find suitable one. I’m lucky to find one the first time. All the best to you smile.gif

This post has been edited by reil: Jul 27 2019, 01:52 AM
ARKCC P
post Aug 1 2019, 09:52 AM

Probation
8 posts

QUOTE(cloudstrifes @ Jul 11 2019, 10:34 AM)
yeah i have heard before CBT and i went one before, but it doesn't help in changing my error thinking. That is why I am looking places which can alter my way of thinking which so traumatizing to me.
Well, learning way to change your thinking is an option, learning way to respond to such thinking is also an option, and yes, learning way to cope with it could be another option too. I am sure you will find a way to work on it soon or later! All the best!

Follow us on FB/IG: @arkcc.my

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0141sec    0.19    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:35 AM