Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Sharing and finding Diesel Euro-5 Petrol Stations

rcracer
post Oct 30 2018, 07:44 AM

?????
Group: Senior Member

When you update your map, does it update our maps we added or have to keep readding again ?
wearwolf
post Oct 30 2018, 06:25 PM

Group: Newbie

QUOTE(rcracer @ Oct 30 2018, 07:44 AM)
When you update your map, does it update our maps we added or have to keep readding again ?
OK.. Hopefully i'm right about this. Basically; the original link/post I shared with everybody is from Google/MYMAPS. So any POI's/Tags i make; it'll be live on the shared MYMAPS.

Now; if you "FAVORITE" this map into your GOOGLE MAPS account; you'll find it in "Your Places > MAPS". And by right; any/all updates i commit should be live since your GMAPS is reading the MYMAPS data. Basically; a near instant update.

So all you need to do is open GMAPS (registered/login into your account); go to "Your Places" > MAPS and you should see the "LSM EURO-5" map/listing.

HOWEVER; if you extract the KMZ/KML files; then obviously you'll need to extract and input them again.

Here's a simple test; see if you've favorited my map already; if not; do so now. And then use Google Maps either on your phone or PC. Look for the "Your Places" function; and see if you can find the "MAPS" heading. If all is done correctly; you should have my EURO-5 map in your favorite save. Now look inside; if there's 7-Eleven's listed; then the maps are instant/live linked so that any changes i make is instant.

Hope this helps....
wearwolf
post Oct 30 2018, 11:52 PM

QUOTE(wearwolf @ Sep 8 2018, 02:38 PM)
Dear Diesel EURO-5 Users

As some users have noticed in another forum; i've shared my Malaysia Diesel Euro-5 map/list. Its proven to be quite useful for some people; and i'm sharing it with the wider group.

So here's the Google MyMaps share link for your reference. You DO NOT NEED a GOOGLE account to view and use the map
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1vjv9ygNVC...ZVE&usp=sharing
And Now here's another map for those of you with a GOOGLE EMAIL account. I share this for everybody to CONTRIBUTE/Add their info about EURO-5 petrol stations. You can view the map with no account; but to contribute/edit the map; you need a Google account.

Just click on a Petrol station/POI and (+Add To Map). And that should be it. After awhile and enough POI's, i'll transfer the data to the first map with the logos

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1U-0cczQwR...7KI&usp=sharing
I separate the 2 maps to avoid corruption of the first one whilst allowing people to contribute to what's my incomplete data maps.

Lemme know what you guys think and feedback
UPDATES 30/Oct/2018
BHPETROL - K.Lumpur, N.Sembilan & Pahang.

I'm gonna need abit of help guys. for Karak, Pahang; there's 2 stations that i'm not able to lock down. Need abit of help. If you're in the area; please help me pinpoint which/where the stations are in Karak. YOu'll find the details in the PNG attachhed file below.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
wearwolf
post Nov 1 2018, 11:21 PM

Sometimes; you have to see things for yourselves to believe it.

So as i've mentioned earlier; BHPETROL is taking a long time for me to update. That's because of 2 main problems; BHPETROL's way of labelling and addressing their stations; and finding/mathcing those stations to what's available on GMAPs.

Because of this; i've been on a small "QUEST" of searching and RENAMING all the relevant EURO 5 stations when i find them. To do that; i usually use the GMAPS photos to search for any clues like a shop sign with the FULL NAME or double checking the address in the POI data. Sometimes its also abit of common sense and instinct since its only 1 BHP station in an entire kampung area.

ONce i confirm the station's name; i "edit" the gmaps data and hope that Google's admin can confirm and accept the renaming. So far; i've been 75% successful. Since some of the really kampung nowhere stations have no photo's to review; so no luck in the admin confirmation.

But today.. i got myself one heckuva head scratcher..... I just let you see the pictures for yourselves what's wrong with this GMAPs data. And also proof of how clumsy crowd sourced information can be sometimes..........

i'll let the pictures speak for themselves..

And i also hope you all appreciate the effort i'm going through for ya'll for this. I've already complained to BHP about taking control of the data from GOOGLE ; but since they too damn lazy.. i have to take matters into my own hands...

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
wearwolf
post Nov 4 2018, 09:46 PM

QUOTE(wearwolf @ Sep 8 2018, 02:38 PM)
Dear Diesel EURO-5 Users

As some users have noticed in another forum; i've shared my Malaysia Diesel Euro-5 map/list. Its proven to be quite useful for some people; and i'm sharing it with the wider group.

So here's the Google MyMaps share link for your reference. You DO NOT NEED a GOOGLE account to view and use the map
And Now here's another map for those of you with a GOOGLE EMAIL account. I share this for everybody to CONTRIBUTE/Add their info about EURO-5 petrol stations. You can view the map with no account; but to contribute/edit the map; you need a Google account.

Just click on a Petrol station/POI and (+Add To Map). And that should be it. After awhile and enough POI's, i'll transfer the data to the first map with the logos

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1U-0cczQwR...7KI&usp=sharing
I separate the 2 maps to avoid corruption of the first one whilst allowing people to contribute to what's my incomplete data maps.

Lemme know what you guys think and feedback
UPDATES 04/NOV/2018
BHPETROL - Perak (60% completed; the rest not enough info to finalise/confirm location); Kelantan (1 station only). T'ganu & Perlis (0%), Kedah (100%), Penang (100%)

So that means that today 04/Nov/2018, BHPETROL is complete/done.
Forever01
post Dec 21 2018, 05:52 PM

firstly i wanna thank wearwolf very much for this thread and the maps, this really helps a lot for people like me who is going for vacation.

i have added a newly opened caltex with diesel euro 5 in december 2018 in sungai petani into the 2nd link map
mystvearn
post Dec 23 2018, 12:06 PM

QUOTE(wearwolf @ Oct 30 2018, 06:25 PM)
OK.. Hopefully i'm right about this. Basically; the original link/post I shared with everybody is from Google/MYMAPS. So any POI's/Tags i make; it'll be live on the shared MYMAPS.

Now; if you "FAVORITE" this map into your GOOGLE MAPS account; you'll find it in "Your Places > MAPS". And by right; any/all updates i commit should be live since your GMAPS is reading the MYMAPS data. Basically; a near instant update.

So all you need to do is open GMAPS (registered/login into your account); go to "Your Places" > MAPS and you should see the "LSM EURO-5" map/listing.
HOWEVER; if you extract the KMZ/KML files; then obviously you'll need to extract and input them again.
Here's a simple test; see if you've favorited my map already; if not; do so now. And then use Google Maps either on your phone or PC. Look for the "Your Places" function; and see if you can find the "MAPS" heading. If all is done correctly; you should have my EURO-5 map in your favorite save. Now look inside; if there's 7-Eleven's listed; then the maps are instant/live linked so that any changes i make is instant.
Hope this helps....
how to add map as favorite?
wearwolf
post Jan 6 2019, 07:11 PM

HI sorry guys; i've been busy playing games *(Blame it on STEAM sales) and having long school holidays with the kids. Forgot to pay attention here. Anyways i'll respond shortly when i can; but some news...

There's been some updates recently; so i'll be trying to update the stations list again BEFORE CNY. Hopefully i'll be done by then *(Depending on my luck cleaning and fixing the house PRE-CNY.) Shouldnt be much updates; but i'll keep ya'll posted as soon as i'm done.
wearwolf
post Jan 10 2019, 01:53 PM

QUOTE(mystvearn @ Dec 23 2018, 12:06 PM)
how to add map as favorite?
Sorry About the late reply. Basically at the top; near the topic; there's a faint star shape. You click on the STAR and it will turn yellow. That means its been added as a favorite into your GOOGLE MAPS account.

After that; you just login into your google account and go to GOOGLE MAPS. You should find the option to view "YOUR PLACES" > "MAPS". And my map "LSM EURO 5 LIST" should appear in the list below. I've included a screen shot of how to add the map as your favorite....

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
wearwolf
post Jan 10 2019, 02:09 PM

UPDATE 10/Jan/2019

Alritey; some good news. I'm slowly updating the database and here's the start of 2019

*** UPDATED ***
7-Eleven (2200++ Locations; 30/Nov/2018 list from their website)
PETRON - 99% Updates/accuracy. Info extracted from their 30/Oct/2018 Facebook page/link *(https://www.facebook.com/notes/petron-malaysia/petron-turbo-diesel-euro-5-service-stations/539945162854722/).

Previously; PETRON's old website had a Jan/2018 pdf file with exact GPS coordinates that made it easy to have 100%; however; the new list is only a label/name of the station; which makes it trickier to lock down. Hence why its considered 99% accurate BECAUSE some stations have a similar name (2 in mersing; the 2 stations at JB Linkedua, few more in PERAK). So i had todo some research and relabelling to enhance accurary.

MORE TO COME!

This post has been edited by wearwolf: Jan 10 2019, 02:09 PM
rcracer
post Jan 10 2019, 08:29 PM

?????

I realized , almost all BHP have euro5 already.

if you can't access the map , really just try bhps high chance they will have
exeon
post Jan 11 2019, 12:20 AM

Hi, sorry for asking, is the euro5 only for RON97 or both RON95/97 ya?
widget
post Jan 11 2019, 08:54 AM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(rcracer @ Jan 10 2019, 08:29 PM)
I realized , almost all BHP have euro5 already.

if you can't access the map , really just try bhps high chance they will have
Indeed, especially in Klang Valley.
OTOH, many of the bigger Petronas stations in KV don't have Euro5
IamAHuman
post Jan 11 2019, 09:10 AM

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

QUOTE(exeon @ Jan 11 2019, 12:20 AM)
Hi, sorry for asking, is the euro5 only for RON97 or both RON95/97 ya?
This thread is for euro 5 DIESEL locations!
rcracer
post Jan 11 2019, 09:17 AM

?????

QUOTE(widget @ Jan 11 2019, 08:54 AM)
Indeed, especially in Klang Valley.
OTOH, many of the bigger Petronas stations in KV don't have Euro5
even outside of klang valley also much higher chance bhp has euro 5, other states same
entire
post Jan 11 2019, 09:30 AM

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

very great list thumbs up for TS
exeon
post Jan 11 2019, 10:13 AM

QUOTE(IamAHuman @ Jan 11 2019, 09:10 AM)
This thread is for euro 5 DIESEL locations!
Oops my bad, missed out the DIESEL word!
wearwolf
post Jan 11 2019, 02:29 PM

UPDDATE 11-Jan-2019

SHELL Malaysia; BOTH Peninsular and Sabah & Sarawak; 99% accuracy
*** Due to some issue in Shell's database displaying 2 stations but different names on the SAME location.

This post has been edited by wearwolf: Jan 11 2019, 02:32 PM

Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0684sec    4.77    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 16th January 2019 - 07:49 PM