Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Sharing and finding Diesel Euro-5 Petrol Stations

wearwolf
post Sep 8 2018, 02:38 PM, updated 6d ago

Group: Newbie

Dear Diesel EURO-5 Users

As some users have noticed in another forum; i've shared my Malaysia Diesel Euro-5 map/list. Its proven to be quite useful for some people; and i'm sharing it with the wider group.

So here's the Google MyMaps share link for your reference. You DO NOT NEED a GOOGLE account to view and use the map

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1vjv9ygNVC...ZVE&usp=sharing

And Now here's another map for those of you with a GOOGLE EMAIL account. I share this for everybody to CONTRIBUTE/Add their info about EURO-5 petrol stations. You can view the map with no account; but to contribute/edit the map; you need a Google account.

Just click on a Petrol station/POI and (+Add To Map). And that should be it. After awhile and enough POI's, i'll transfer the data to the first map with the logos

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1U-0cczQwR...7KI&usp=sharing

I separate the 2 maps to avoid corruption of the first one whilst allowing people to contribute to what's my incomplete data maps.

Lemme know what you guys think and feedback
wearwolf
post Sep 16 2018, 12:57 PM

CALTEX Stations Updated as at 16/Sept/2018

However; due to Caltex website data accuracy; i need help with a few caltex locations since their GPS coords do not match their current placing. In the middle of nowhere near their stations.

CALTEX Stations with Questionable GPS location accuracy
- GUA Musang area
- Chemor Perak
- Bercham Perak
- Kg Buloh Kasap, Johor

If you can; please mark using the map below where they're located

wearwolf
post Sep 16 2018, 04:27 PM

SHELL Stations for Peninsular & Sabah & Sarawak Updated as at 16/Sept/2018

Remember to contribute your stations in the editable map below using your Google/Gmail account

wearwolf
post Sep 19 2018, 10:12 AM

A Quick question ; other than the big names like SHELL and PETRONAS; are there any other Gas station Franchises in SABAH/SARAWAK that i'm not aware of? Hopefully I can add more to the map listing if we can get more names of any franchises available. Example is BURAQOIL in PENINSULAR M'sia.
rcracer
post Sep 19 2018, 11:10 AM

?????
Group: Senior Member

Very highly doubt outer brands have euro 5
wearwolf
post Sep 22 2018, 06:29 PM

QUOTE(rcracer @ Sep 19 2018, 11:10 AM)
Very highly doubt outer brands have euro 5
Maybe. Couldnt hurt to try and ask though smile.gif
1+DC
post Sep 24 2018, 09:43 PM

QUOTE(wearwolf @ Sep 8 2018, 02:38 PM)
Dear Diesel EURO-5 Users

As some users have noticed in another forum; i've shared my Malaysia Diesel Euro-5 map/list. Its proven to be quite useful for some people; and i'm sharing it with the wider group.

So here's the Google MyMaps share link for your reference. You DO NOT NEED a GOOGLE account to view and use the map
And Now here's another map for those of you with a GOOGLE EMAIL account. I share this for everybody to CONTRIBUTE/Add their info about EURO-5 petrol stations. You can view the map with no account; but to contribute/edit the map; you need a Google account.

Just click on a Petrol station/POI and (+Add To Map). And that should be it. After awhile and enough POI's, i'll transfer the data to the first map with the logos

I separate the 2 maps to avoid corruption of the first one whilst allowing people to contribute to what's my incomplete data maps.

Somehow the 1st link that you share is missing all the BHP station.
jonathanchee315
post Sep 25 2018, 11:53 AM

Casual
Group: Junior Member

Great list! I have trouble finding Caltex euro 5 stations, it's like so rare !!!
wearwolf
post Sep 27 2018, 01:18 AM

QUOTE(1+DC @ Sep 24 2018, 09:43 PM)
Somehow the 1st link that you share is missing all the BHP station.
You're right; because i'm tired and pissed off at BHP's listing. As mentioned before (and many times earlier); BHP have a peculiar habit of using (example; BHP 9 Mile Jalan Cheras; or another example; BHP Jalan Kelang Lama 1, 3 and 4). But all the labels do not correspond with their actual stations in the actual google maps location. Which shoots down the accuracy. And this problem is common in thier database

That's why i created a 2nd map for people to contribute any i miss out; and you're welcome to list the BHP's that sell Euro-5 so that i can add them onto my maps....

Until otherwise; BHPetrol is not a big update priority since it'll take me hours just to get correct information and wasting my time. when i can finish Shell/Petronas in half a day but BHP can take DAYS!
1+DC
post Oct 2 2018, 07:07 PM

QUOTE(wearwolf @ Sep 27 2018, 01:18 AM)
You're right; because i'm tired and pissed off at BHP's listing. As mentioned before (and many times earlier); BHP have a peculiar habit of using (example; BHP 9 Mile Jalan Cheras; or another example; BHP Jalan Kelang Lama 1, 3 and 4). But all the labels do not correspond with their actual stations in the actual google maps location. Which shoots down the accuracy.  And this problem is common in thier database

That's why i created a 2nd map for people to contribute any i miss out; and you're welcome to list the BHP's that sell Euro-5 so that i can add them onto my maps....

Until otherwise; BHPetrol is not a big update priority since it'll take me hours just to get correct information and wasting my time. when i can finish Shell/Petronas in half a day but BHP can take DAYS!
Noted. Will notify you if I bump to any bhp station with euro 5
rcracer
post Oct 2 2018, 09:47 PM

?????

Kinrara R&R petronas now also has euro 5, not seen in their station locator
1+DC
post Oct 9 2018, 05:49 PM

Added 2 shell stations at simpang, Perak into your map.
4WD_er
post Oct 11 2018, 09:04 AM

QUOTE(wearwolf @ Sep 8 2018, 02:38 PM)
Dear Diesel EURO-5 Users

Hi TS, I don't know how to add places, but please add the below :

Petronas (on NSE in front of Skudai Toll), has many E5 nozzle
https://goo.gl/maps/cd7aFnEyemS2

rcracer
post Oct 11 2018, 10:04 AM

?????

TS disappeared
wearwolf
post Oct 13 2018, 12:19 PM

Sorry abit busy and distracted. Working on reading PETRONAS's data at the moment. Will update PETRONAS Shortly.
wearwolf
post Oct 26 2018, 01:13 PM

Yeah Sorry Guys. I havent done updates abit since there isnt much new data; except the contribution data. I know PETRONAS has some new data for Sabah/Sarawak; so i'll be using that soon. PETRON no change since Jan 2018.

The reason for the delays is because i just got STEAM and Netflix sales and Binge watching/gaming seaon. So the new games and movies are abit too distracting....
wearwolf
post Oct 29 2018, 01:35 PM

OK Some updates

29/OCT/2018
BHPETROL - Melaka (100%); JOHOR (90% coverage; others inaccurate addresses)

So i've decided; i'll slowly take my own sweet time updating BHPetrol because of 2 things

1) Their crap labelling and addressing makes it difficult

2) Whilst i'm updating the EURO-5 Diesel list; i'm ALSO EDITING their BHPETROL GOOGLE MAPS DATA -=AT THE SAME TIME=-. But i'm only limiting it to the E5 Diesel stations. This is so that it makes it easier for me to find and double check the data later. Its all very behind the scenes; since you all dont really inspect the information they provide. But as for me; since i'm being a busybody with nothing to do; i double check the data using the GPS, G-Maps crowd sourced data AND PICTURES to confirm the station's info and locations accuracy. This is for everybody's convenience.

What am i doing with the Google POI data you're wondering? Well.. simple things like Correcting and RE-Labelling the stations according to the BHPetrol database; adding address and contact info.. etc....
buffa
post Oct 29 2018, 01:44 PM

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

QUOTE(wearwolf @ Oct 29 2018, 01:35 PM)
OK Some updates

29/OCT/2018
BHPETROL - Melaka (100%); JOHOR (90% coverage; others inaccurate addresses)
So i've decided; i'll slowly take my own sweet time updating BHPetrol because of 2 things

1) Their crap labelling and addressing makes it difficult

2) Whilst i'm updating the EURO-5 Diesel list; i'm ALSO EDITING their BHPETROL GOOGLE MAPS DATA -=AT THE SAME TIME=-. But i'm only limiting it to the E5 Diesel stations. This is so that it makes it easier for me to find and double check the data later. Its all very behind the scenes; since you all dont really inspect the information they provide. But as for me; since i'm being a busybody with nothing to do; i double check the data using the GPS, G-Maps crowd sourced data AND PICTURES to confirm the station's info and locations accuracy. This is for everybody's convenience.

What am i doing with the Google POI data you're wondering? Well.. simple things like Correcting and RE-Labelling the stations according to the BHPetrol database; adding address and contact info.. etc....
Really thanks for your effort.
wearwolf
post Oct 29 2018, 02:06 PM

Oh yeah.. Some good news also. Since 7-Eleven is using Google MYMAPS to store their location data..

**(https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/viewer?mid=1Dcxo7WR64emFqXx_aivDDMVcdH8&hl=en_US&ll=3.505492286464517%2C105.79578753124997&z=6)

What i've done is copy their data and integrated into my EURO-5 map.

Lemme know if you think this is too much info in the maps...

PS : There's two 7-Eleven POI folders. This is due to a max limit of 2000 POI's per folder ; and 7-11 has about 2500 locations. So the data had to be split......

This post has been edited by wearwolf: Oct 29 2018, 02:07 PM
wearwolf
post Oct 30 2018, 12:07 AM

UPDATE 30/Oct/2018

BHPetrol - SELANGOR (85% Update; usual address/label complications for the other 15%)

2 Pages  1 2 >Top
Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0796sec    5.14    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 16th January 2019 - 04:27 PM