Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

RSS feedBump TopicReply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Computer shop in Lowyat Plaza, With good customer service.

prelude23
post May 31 2007, 12:30 AM

SoonKyu 사랑해!
Group: Senior Member

Hi, thinking of troubleshoot my pc in one of the computer shop in Lowyat plaza as well as buying another mobo and casing. All these time I only shop at AllIt Hypermarket and I dont really like their customer service.

Can anyone recommend any computer shop in Lowyat with good customer service as well as the staffs are good in identifying problems. I kinda scare shops that always want you to buy products from them. Havent help you check your computer already say your pc spoil and ask you buy new pc.

Feel free to comment. Thanks ppl. smile.gif
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
kalakatu
post May 31 2007, 12:40 AM

Insanely Addictive

QUOTE(prelude23 @ May 31 2007, 12:30 AM)
Hi, thinking of troubleshoot my pc in one of the computer shop in Lowyat plaza as well as buying another mobo and casing. All these time I only shop at AllIt Hypermarket and I dont really like their customer service.

Can anyone recommend any computer shop in Lowyat with good customer service as well as the staffs are good in identifying problems. I kinda scare shops that always want you to buy products from them. Havent help you check your computer already say your pc spoil and ask you buy new pc.

Feel free to comment. Thanks ppl.  smile.gif
i would like to recommend u 2 shops : ATE and Viewnet thumbup.gif
for me, they are knowledgeable, and have the superb customer service and after-sales service thumbup.gif

+Quote Post
post May 31 2007, 01:01 AM

lost soul

every shop has their "customer support problem"

as far as i know from my experience...

PC Zone has the cheapest goods BUT USUALLY WHAT I WANTED THEY HAVE NO STOCK, apart from that their sales person is good, if you ask nicely they'll recommend or probably giving out several alternatives. i bought pendrives, tv card, DDR rams, DVD roms and a harddisk from them.
**** 4 stars

JCI gave me bad impression when i last bought their ATI GC (one chip fell off when i checked it before putting in my casing after reach home, and it takes them 2 months to replace another one for me) their goods are RM2 or RM5 more expensive than PC zone, i bought DDR ram, 2 DVD-RW, 1 power supply and ATI X1300 from them.
** 2 stars

ThunderMatch has the friendliest sales person, but i have to make sure what i bought is new and NOT OPEN OR USED BEFORE, two years ago when i bought my MSI motherboard they gave me used set and i just realized it after i reach home. Maybe they didn't know either, because i see new fresh faces everytime i visit them (means always changing the sales person) price is so so, i bought a Motherboard (MSI 865PE), a Graphic Card (ATI 9200SE) from them.
*** 3 stars

All IT has many options like SRI, but different from SRI, All IT is more emphasis on serving their clients, so you'll see the employees keep approaching you. bought none, i just go there for window shopping...
** 2 stars

SRI you have to know what you want to buy, THEY ARE SO "DO NOT HAVE TIME TO SERVE YOU" ATTITUTE WRITTEN ON THEIR FACES, but you'll get the biggest collections and options of PC related products there.
** 2 stars

other shops i never go, because i too used to these shop i mentioned, i visit each of them when

1) cheapest price : SRI / PC zone
2) looking for alternative options : SRI / All IT
3) place to find when i don't find in above shop : Thunder Match, JCI.
4) when i want to get info / price on one product : PC zone

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
oh sorry, i realized i am seriously out of topic after reading 2nd post.....

This post has been edited by 9876789: May 31 2007, 01:04 AM
+Quote Post
PonG
post May 31 2007, 09:40 AM

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

I am vote for ATE too.

smile.gif
+Quote Post
pooh88
post May 31 2007, 09:40 AM

Malaysia Tennis Enthusiast

I suggest u can try Viewnet,in term of price & service is not bad. brows.gif
If u buy in Bulk fr them,maybe u can discount a bit fr them. hmm.gif
Anyway i bought stuffs fr them,i find their sale person is ok ok la.
Maybe u need to ask urself,then u can tell me which outlet P/R is better. icon_rolleyes.gif

This post has been edited by pooh88: May 31 2007, 10:26 AM
+Quote Post
jitbeng
post May 31 2007, 02:51 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(9876789 @ May 31 2007, 01:01 AM)

PC Zone has the cheapest goods BUT USUALLY WHAT I WANTED THEY HAVE NO STOCK, apart from that their sales person is good, if you ask nicely they'll recommend or probably giving out several alternatives. i bought pendrives, tv card, DDR rams, DVD roms and a harddisk from them.
**** 4 stars

JCI gave me bad impression when i last bought their ATI GC (one chip fell off when i checked it before putting in my casing after reach home, and it takes them 2 months to replace another one for me)  their goods are RM2 or RM5 more expensive than PC zone, i bought DDR ram, 2 DVD-RW, 1 power supply and ATI X1300 from them.
** 2 stars

ThunderMatch has the friendliest sales person, but i have to make sure what i bought is new and NOT OPEN OR USED BEFORE, two years ago when i bought my MSI motherboard they gave me used set and i just realized it after i reach home. Maybe they didn't know either, because i see new fresh faces everytime i visit them (means always changing the sales person) price is so so, i bought a Motherboard (MSI 865PE), a Graphic Card (ATI 9200SE)  from them.
*** 3 stars

All IT has many options like SRI, but different from SRI, All IT is more emphasis on serving their clients, so you'll see the employees keep approaching you. bought none, i just go there for window shopping...
** 2 stars
SRI you have to know what you want to buy, THEY ARE SO "DO NOT HAVE TIME TO SERVE YOU" ATTITUTE WRITTEN ON THEIR FACES, but you'll get the biggest collections and options of PC related products there.
** 2 stars
other shops i never go, because i too used to these shop i mentioned, i visit each of them when

1) cheapest price : SRI / PC zone
Agreed with you on PC Zone, Sri, Thundermatch & ALL IT. Don't know about JCI.

Sri - sales people are "Aksi" because they are quite big now. I used to buy from them when they started in Imbi Plaza way back in 1992. I still buy from them but mostly small stuffs. Just get stuffs & pay. Don't bother to talk to the Staff. The boss is Mr. Tang & looks like a Japanese guy. I have deal with him a couple of times & he is ok lah but now don't see him anymore in the shop.

PC Zone - Bought quite a lot of big & small stuffs. Sales people ok & after sales can say ok lah. The boss is called Scoot & once I "lanyak" him for the bad after sales customer service. Looks like the counter girl at the after sales service counter was replaced after my complaint.

Thundermatch - I heard a few years back that one guy complained that after buying & taking home a supposed new CRT monitor he found it was used for the World Computer Gaming with a label "WCG" sticking on it. Somebody forgot to removed the label.

ALL IT - Bought some small stuffs using credit card.

Startec - This shop is opposite PC Zone. The boss is call Kong. He is a relative of the boss of Sri & used to work at Sri when Sri was operating from Imbi Plaza.
I bought a computer system for almost RM5,000.00 from this shop in 1999 & later some stuffs also.

But now I mostly buy from PC Zone. Normally for me even though the price is fixed in the price list, I still get discount from from RM5-50 depending.

+Quote Post
CKC_1
post May 31 2007, 05:11 PM

Casual

the sales person in thundermatch is very friendly..i bought a 8800gts 320mb from them and a 320gb W.D HDD...
+Quote Post
Discrucio Anima
post May 31 2007, 05:50 PM

On my way

1. PCZone, very friendly staff, look for the boss or Ah Yap for extra discounts brows.gif
2. AllIT, has (almost) everything, just talk to the staff to ask for a bit of discount
3. Viewnet, usually cheaper by RM1-10

+Quote Post
paradiseboy
post May 31 2007, 06:05 PM

Getting Started

i vote for PC zone.. rclxms.gif rclxms.gif
cheap and good service cool2.gif
+Quote Post
WaCKy-Angel
post May 31 2007, 06:08 PM

PeACe~~

Viewnet Sdn Bhd (Look for BIG COMPUTER signboard)
+Quote Post
super macgyver
post May 31 2007, 11:25 PM

★~13k Spam Club~★

vote for viewnet too. icon_rolleyes.gif
+Quote Post
ava
post Jun 1 2007, 12:16 AM

lolx jitbeng - pczone and czone different la , czone boss name scoot ......

well i bought some stuff from pczone , service ok NO problem so far la.... touch wood

rclxms.gif
+Quote Post
kornelius
post Jun 1 2007, 12:55 AM

All Star Player

I vote PC Zone. Bought my PC there, Memory card and a few more hdd. The price is cheap and the service is good. Never drag me. On the spot change mobo even after one week ^^

Czone... after bought hdd thn got problem thn ask thm change... took them months to do that... they even bullshit me and ask me top up la upgrade la and other reason.... their service... ZERO!!!

Viewnet cheap and good service. Last time bought my GC there.

All IT oni go there for those cheap computer accessories.
+Quote Post
inteluser
post Jun 2 2007, 06:04 AM

Casual

ATE ATE ATE..

All Time Flavor Enterprise.. laugh.gif

This post has been edited by inteluser: Jun 2 2007, 06:05 AM
+Quote Post
karhoe
post Jun 2 2007, 09:53 AM

www.karhoe.net

**** 4 stars

Yes, go for PCZONE

JCI gave me bad impression when i last bought their ATI GC (one chip fell off when i checked it before putting in my casing after reach home, and it takes them 2 months to replace another one for me)  their goods are RM2 or RM5 more expensive than PC zone, i bought DDR ram, 2 DVD-RW, 1 power supply and ATI X1300 from them.
** 2 stars

No comments

ThunderMatch has the friendliest sales person, but i have to make sure what i bought is new and NOT OPEN OR USED BEFORE, two years ago when i bought my MSI motherboard they gave me used set and i just realized it after i reach home. Maybe they didn't know either, because i see new fresh faces everytime i visit them (means always changing the sales person) price is so so, i bought a Motherboard (MSI 865PE), a Graphic Card (ATI 9200SE)  from them.
*** 3 stars

BULLSHIT, ignore this shop at all costs. Their supervisor does not give a shit on customer service. Once he told " Itu printer, suruh dia claim warranty dengan HP lar, kita dealer sahaja " . And the printer has DOA less than 7 days.

** 2 stars

ALLIT not bad, but don't be fooled by it's hypermarket appearance. You can negotiate the price there.

** 2 stars

SRI COMP, some salesman are OK, some are terrible. This shop is your last option.

1) cheapest price : SRI / PC zone - SRI goes to MOST EXPENSIVE PRICE
Wish you good luck in buying
+Quote Post
Ryo
post Jun 6 2007, 04:13 AM

.:: Rise Lord Vader ::.

i buy most of my stuff at C-Zone, ATE, PC Zone and MyPC.
highly recommended thumbup.gif
+Quote Post
jasonkwk
post Aug 3 2007, 04:40 AM

Self Improvement is Masturbation

I recommend go to PC-Zone to buy your stuff,but most of the time the stuff is out of stock.
+Quote Post
super macgyver
post Aug 3 2007, 04:03 PM

★~13k Spam Club~★

QUOTE(jasonkwk @ Aug 3 2007, 04:40 AM)
I recommend go to PC-Zone to buy your stuff,but most of the time the stuff is out of stock.
Then y recomend us to go there ler? sweat.gif
+Quote Post
kupu
post Aug 4 2007, 03:11 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(Discrucio Anima @ May 31 2007, 05:50 PM)
1. PCZone, very friendly staff, look for the boss or Ah Yap for extra discounts brows.gif
2. AllIT, has (almost) everything, just talk to the staff to ask for a bit of discount
3. Viewnet, usually cheaper by RM1-10
very very true..ah yap knows how to handle customer and can suggest u the best rigs..can kurang kurang oso,no doubt about it..
+Quote Post
yewjhin
post Aug 4 2007, 01:54 PM

Getting Started

NEVER ever buy from sri computers. Unfriendly and rude staff. Poor aftersales service and RMA. I even overheard the service counter lady who got a call from a customer who was asking about his hardware which was sent to manufacturer. You know what? The lady (a malay) screamed back at him thru the phone and even used the word "*d-i-u".

I've just went there 2 days ago, i brought along a list of prices of items i wanted which are sold in the forums here and compared to their prices there. Whats the results? The items in sri-comp were more expensive by rm20-50 PER ITEM.

Forget about sri comp.

With regards to 9876789's post above, sri computers are severely overpriced. As an example, go to the trade zone/bulk orders and search for a cooler master 3.5" HDD Xcraft enclosure, its around rm150-165 with 1 year warranty (2 USB hub/1 touch backup/eSATA & SATA2). Go to sri comp, they have the "Lite version" at RM200 and only 3 months warranty(NO usb hub/ NO 1 touch backup).

This post has been edited by yewjhin: Aug 4 2007, 02:13 PM
+Quote Post
super macgyver
post Aug 4 2007, 02:32 PM

★~13k Spam Club~★

QUOTE(yewjhin @ Aug 4 2007, 01:54 PM)
NEVER ever buy from sri computers. Unfriendly and rude staff. Poor aftersales service and RMA. I even overheard the service counter lady who got a call from a customer who was asking about his hardware which was sent to manufacturer. You know what? The lady (a malay) screamed back at him thru the phone and even used the word "*d-i-u".

I've just went there 2 days ago, i brought along a list of prices of items i wanted which are sold in the forums here and compared to their prices there. Whats the results? The items in sri-comp were more expensive by rm20-50 PER ITEM.

Forget about sri comp.

With regards to 9876789's post above, sri computers are severely overpriced. As an example, go to the trade zone/bulk orders and search for a cooler master 3.5" HDD Xcraft enclosure, its around rm150-165 with 1 year warranty (2 USB hub/1 touch backup/eSATA & SATA2). Go to sri comp, they have the "Lite version" at RM200 and only 3 months warranty(NO usb hub/ NO 1 touch backup).
lite version? mean a loss pack?
+Quote Post
yewjhin
post Aug 5 2007, 12:18 AM

Getting Started

no, its just meant to be a budget/cheaper version from Coolermaster. The normal Xcraft can also function as a USB 2.0 hub and has backup software with it. The Lite version does not have these features.

Can't believe huh? Sri Comp selling the lower end product (Lite) at a higher price, they don't even sell the normal Xcraft.

+Quote Post
post Aug 23 2007, 03:11 AM

lost soul

karhoe, yewjhin

thanks for the info on SRI (i know its too late for a thank-you reply) but its still preciously informative to me.

This post has been edited by 9876789: Aug 23 2007, 03:13 AM
+Quote Post
WisePrince
post Aug 23 2007, 05:11 AM

Casual

wo... only now i know that Sri got 0 starts... erm, y dont u make a poll?
+Quote Post
mrlooi
post Aug 26 2007, 12:32 AM

Casual

QUOTE(kalakatu @ May 31 2007, 12:40 AM)
i would like to recommend u 2 shops : ATE and Viewnet  thumbup.gif
for me, they are knowledgeable, and have the superb customer service and after-sales service  thumbup.gif
Yey! Viewnet's my favourite rclxms.gif
+Quote Post
yourgadget
post Aug 26 2007, 12:40 AM

Casual

QUOTE(WaCKy-Angel @ May 31 2007, 06:08 PM)
Viewnet Sdn Bhd (Look for BIG COMPUTER signboard)
ya, i vote this branch too....
+Quote Post
NSR
post Aug 28 2007, 10:27 PM

Casual

i agree, SRI price is consider the most expensive in Lowyat. They cannot discount too much for u.
for network stuff, i found that All IT is the cheapest. before u go to All IT, u can check other shops' best price 1st. then u go to ALL IT squeeze their price which is cheaper than other shops' best price.
if u 1 2 buy things with real cheap price in lowyat, u need some strategy 1. dun simply go to a shop and go straight buy it. u need to survey for their best price, not from the price in their price list.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Bryan901010
post Aug 29 2007, 02:28 PM

Lowyat nice!!!!!!!!
+Quote Post
johnlck
post Sep 3 2007, 01:33 PM

Getting Started

I VOTE MAKIWA.THEY AFTER SLAES SERVICE IS BETTER
+Quote Post
hakunamatata
post Sep 3 2007, 01:59 PM

Casual

how about cycom? is it good?
+Quote Post
Cynari
post Sep 3 2007, 03:45 PM

Group: New Member

Just came back from Low Yatt doing some transactions with VIEWNET people n it's all good. I've got a good price and u know what? Without service fees. Look for Jimmy there!

And thanx for this forum recomendation anyway.

And I couldnt believe this is my first post since long time ago registering. HeHe.

This post has been edited by Cynari: Sep 3 2007, 03:47 PM
+Quote Post
Yukaeshi
post Sep 3 2007, 08:05 PM

Casual
Group Icon
Group: Trade Enforcers

I usually go to ViewNet or AllIT.

If you're using credit card AllIT charges 2% service charge (Except Diners and Bankcard), while ViewNet charges 3%. So price-wise depends on how you negotiate discounts, how much you're buying, etc.

As for customer and after-sales service, ViewNet is good but then sometimes if there's a lot of people have to wait before you get served tongue.gif As for AllIT, so-so for me. Some are friendly some are not, depends on luck I guess laugh.gif
+Quote Post
jasonkwk
post Sep 3 2007, 08:23 PM

Self Improvement is Masturbation

QUOTE(super macgyver @ Aug 3 2007, 04:03 PM)
Then y recomend us to go there ler?  sweat.gif
I said some not all of the item. sweat.gif
+Quote Post
nik0ns
post Sep 12 2007, 10:07 PM

Ingenium

viewnet and pczone for buying computer parts...price quite cheap and good custumer service

ALLIT if buying some excessories
+Quote Post
zeist
post Sep 14 2007, 11:32 PM

U N K E R

Based on my personal experience, PC-Zone is better than C-Zone. biggrin.gif

I bought alot of parts from both shops.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
cannavaro
post Sep 17 2007, 10:33 PM

CATTENACIO

VIEWNET FTW.

After seeing many people in here praising them, I decided to start buying things from there.

After my fourth visit, I can safely say that they're the real deal. Really friendly and most of the time they have the best prices.

Like the saying goes... if it's the first time, it's luck. If it happens the second time, it's just a coincidence. If it still happens for the thirrd time, it's a pattern...

A pattern of customer service par excellence.

lol, how's that for being cheesy?

+Quote Post
Yukaeshi
post Sep 17 2007, 11:11 PM

Casual
Group Icon
Group: Trade Enforcers

Cheesiness +1.

If only now Viewnet would open a branch in Digital Mall or in PJ so I don't have to go down all the way to get stuff... laugh.gif
+Quote Post
super macgyver
post Sep 17 2007, 11:49 PM

★~13k Spam Club~★

QUOTE(Yukaeshi @ Sep 17 2007, 11:11 PM)
Cheesiness +1.

If only now Viewnet would open a branch in Digital Mall or in PJ so I don't have to go down all the way to get stuff... laugh.gif
yup, agree as they aldy got so many branches as 6 unit at lowyat plaza now. sweat.gif
+Quote Post
wodenus
post Sep 18 2007, 12:03 PM

Tree Octopus

ThunderMatch has the friendliest sales person, but i have to make sure what i bought is new and NOT OPEN OR USED BEFORE, two years ago when i bought my MSI motherboard they gave me used set and i just realized it after i reach home.

How did you find out ?

+Quote Post
Shevchenko9
post Sep 18 2007, 04:25 PM

looks like alot of ppl likes viewnet er.... flex.gif all hail to them i guess... thumbup.gif
+Quote Post
sniperwolf
post Sep 21 2007, 03:42 PM

Boku Wa Gundam

QUOTE(Shevchenko9 @ Sep 18 2007, 04:25 PM)
looks like alot of ppl likes viewnet er.... flex.gif  all hail to them i guess... thumbup.gif
Well its out of my list. Maybe my purchasing style is bit unique biggrin.gif tongue.gif
+Quote Post
kazalan_kamitake
post Sep 22 2007, 11:49 AM

This Star Nothing For Me

bro..i think the sri computer is ok service laa..not bad...

about price also in Plaza Lowyat is expensive from this forum..but must forget they need to cover the shop and the plaza lowyat have many choice la.....try search first before buy the item...
+Quote Post
super macgyver
post Sep 22 2007, 12:22 PM

★~13k Spam Club~★

QUOTE(sniperwolf @ Sep 21 2007, 03:42 PM)
Well its out of my list. Maybe my purchasing style is bit unique biggrin.gif  tongue.gif
wat ur coment on viewnet? negative on staff? price? service?
+Quote Post
nik0ns
post Sep 22 2007, 12:29 PM

Ingenium

viewnet aftersales service is not quite good for me
+Quote Post
stanley85
post Sep 22 2007, 12:39 PM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(super macgyver @ Sep 17 2007, 11:49 PM)
yup, agree as they aldy got so many branches as 6 unit at lowyat plaza now. sweat.gif
ya..i noticed it few months back.. i doubt if they go take a few unit link together then open a big store..then probably the biggest in lowyat lol rclxms.gif sweat.gif
My friend and me bought our pc in viewnet, their service are nice and the price is cheap too. thumbup.gif

This post has been edited by stanley85: Sep 22 2007, 12:44 PM
+Quote Post
gzavincent
post Sep 23 2007, 04:54 AM

SINGAPORE POLYTECHNIC!

Viewnet Sdn Bhd rclxms.gif rclxms.gif rclxms.gif
+Quote Post