Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Oh, My Home Renovation Journal, ...

views

TSWhitE LighteR
post Sep 20 2018, 06:25 PM

WhitE LighteR Is Black~
All Stars
10,339 posts

Day 8 (20/9/2018) - Measuring temperature differences with and without tint. #unscientific

TSWhitE LighteR
post Sep 21 2018, 12:38 PM

WhitE LighteR Is Black~
All Stars
10,339 posts

Day 2, 6 and 8 (14, 18, 20 Sept 2018) - CCTV & Alarm Wiring Only (4 out 5 star rating)

Wiring in preparation for the CCTV & Alarm installation at the end of the reno once all the major hacking is done.

Sorry can't show much for obvious reasons....

This post has been edited by WhitE LighteR: Sep 21 2018, 12:38 PM
kirakun
post Sep 21 2018, 02:56 PM

On my way
656 posts

QUOTE(WhitE LighteR @ Sep 20 2018, 01:30 PM)
Can see. That is why still need curtains. I don't know any tint that turn on lights at night cannot see in.
Reflective tint. I'm using silver black. Night time just need turn on the light outside the tinted window and woila, reflective effect is as good as day time tested icon_idea.gif .
TSWhitE LighteR
post Sep 21 2018, 03:04 PM

WhitE LighteR Is Black~
All Stars
10,339 posts

QUOTE(kirakun @ Sep 21 2018, 02:56 PM)
Reflective tint. I'm using silver black. Night time just need turn on the light outside the tinted window and woila, reflective effect is as good as day time tested icon_idea.gif .
Reflective tint gets quite dark inside right? Anyway wouldn't regular tint also behaves same way if u on external lights...

This post has been edited by WhitE LighteR: Sep 21 2018, 03:04 PM
kirakun
post Sep 21 2018, 03:16 PM

On my way
656 posts

QUOTE(WhitE LighteR @ Sep 21 2018, 03:04 PM)
Reflective tint gets quite dark inside right? Anyway wouldn't regular tint also behaves same way if u on external lights...
The reflective effect is minor on most out of factory windows for residential. Normally comes with slightly green tinted. With additional tint, the see through effect is reduced however still pretty much visible at night.

U can try but the reflective effect is quite a far apart comparing normal tint vs reflective tint.

Inside will be darker with any tint of course depending on the vlt of the tint u use. The lesser vlt of the tint, the cooler the inside will be and darker it will get.

Reason i choose silver black is from external view, the look will be reflective silver while from internal view, the look is just typical dark tint. Will not cause reverse reflective effect on the internal view at night.
RVN10
post Sep 21 2018, 03:50 PM

Getting Started
180 posts

QUOTE(WhitE LighteR @ Sep 21 2018, 12:38 PM)
Day 2, 6 and 8 (14, 18, 20 Sept 2018) - CCTV & Alarm Wiring Only (4 out 5 star rating)

Wiring in preparation for the CCTV & Alarm installation at the end of the reno once all the major hacking is done.

Sorry can't show much for obvious reasons....

bro how is the cctv and alarm guys work? ig good please share contact....
TSWhitE LighteR
post Sep 21 2018, 06:33 PM

WhitE LighteR Is Black~
All Stars
10,339 posts

QUOTE(RVN10 @ Sep 21 2018, 03:50 PM)
bro how is the cctv and alarm guys work? ig good please share contact....
Only done wiring only so far. The CCTV n alarm set will only be installed at the end of the renovation. The wiring work done I give 4 out of 5 stars. Not perfect (hardly anything is unless we DIY) but of reasonably high quality and neat installation.

I will share out with u all at the end after all is done and I am satisfied. If u need it now, u can PM me.

This post has been edited by WhitE LighteR: Sep 21 2018, 06:33 PM
nxtpg
post Sep 21 2018, 08:51 PM

On my way
601 posts

QUOTE(WhitE LighteR @ Sep 20 2018, 12:51 PM)
rm 11 psf for this model

Yes done whole house. Total for mine is about a little over 2.3k

The total for u might be different from mine as it depends on how many window area u have and depending on how the tint guys do site measurement.
good choice
i find this kind of tint (non reflective) is the best choice
i am going for a vlt 40 tint too ... should be similar to yours

did they remove the black window rubber lining before tint installation?

TSWhitE LighteR
post Sep 21 2018, 10:24 PM

WhitE LighteR Is Black~
All Stars
10,339 posts

QUOTE(nxtpg @ Sep 21 2018, 08:51 PM)
good choice
i find this kind of tint (non reflective) is the best choice
i am going for a vlt 40 tint too ... should be similar to yours

did they remove the black window rubber lining before tint installation?
My requirement was that it's not too dark. I still want light into the house. I also want either black, silver or grey tint only. I've seen other colored tint. They change the light color coming into the house after install. If the tint is green, u will see a green colour lights cast into the house. I didn't like that..

Yes they did remove the lining. I actually deduct 1 star due to that. They remove it and of course when install back won't be back like original anymore and now it looks a little cacat due to the lining has all shifted around. They didn't do this at the sliding door n only cut a little off the lining to allow the tint to go behind it. I don't know why they remove the lining for my master bedroom. Haihz. So 4 stars only. Unsatisfactory installation. Haha
joelriez
post Sep 24 2018, 03:09 PM

Getting Started
118 posts

parking
kayweng
post Sep 25 2018, 12:36 PM

Getting Started
160 posts

how good the cctv & alarm ? hmm ..need a video to show more ..
TSWhitE LighteR
post Sep 25 2018, 12:46 PM

WhitE LighteR Is Black~
All Stars
10,339 posts

QUOTE(kayweng @ Sep 25 2018, 12:36 PM)
how good the cctv & alarm ? hmm ..need a video to show more ..
CCTV and alarm have yet to be installed. Once installed I will share ...
nxtpg
post Sep 25 2018, 08:42 PM

On my way
601 posts

QUOTE(WhitE LighteR @ Sep 21 2018, 10:24 PM)
My requirement was that it's not too dark. I still want light into the house. I also want either black, silver or grey tint only. I've seen other colored tint. They change the light color coming into the house after install. If the tint is green, u will see a green colour lights cast into the house. I didn't like that..

Yes they did remove the lining. I actually deduct 1 star due to that. They remove it and of course when install back won't be back like original anymore and now it looks a little cacat due to the lining has all shifted around. They didn't do this at the sliding door n only cut a little off the lining to allow the tint to go behind it. I don't know why they remove the lining for my master bedroom. Haihz. So 4 stars only. Unsatisfactory installation. Haha
omg. i tot its better to remove the lining so can get a perfect fit bangwall.gif
TSWhitE LighteR
post Sep 25 2018, 09:35 PM

WhitE LighteR Is Black~
All Stars
10,339 posts

QUOTE(nxtpg @ Sep 25 2018, 08:42 PM)
omg. i tot its better to remove the lining so can get a perfect fit  bangwall.gif
U can ask them to cut a little into the lining in the glass similar to how they do for sliding door. Dont need to totally remove it in my opinion. That should look better i think.
jacsotong
post Oct 7 2018, 01:38 PM

20 posts

QUOTE(kayweng @ Sep 10 2018, 01:48 PM)
are your renovation includes hacking , house extension ? do need to submit house architecture drawing to government ?

I wonder how i can get total estimated wet work cost from contractor ? i have asked few contractor but them want me pay one of them draw the house architecture plan & house layout plan first and cant give me the total estimated cost to complete my renovation ( i already give my idea to them).

Do this procedure normal ? spend few k to hire contractor draw the house architecture plan upon know total estimated wet work cost..
Hi, recently I'm engaging a MPKJ's panel draughtsman for my house renovation as well. For my case, i can't use MPKJ's standard drawing plan because my house is above 2 feet from back lane. It cost me around RM3k+ in order to draw a new plan, submit & get approval/permit from MPKJ. (in fact half of the cost is go to MPKJ.... shakehead.gif shakehead.gif shakehead.gif )

This only up to getting approval for renovation, didn't included getting CCC at the end of the day. Getting CCC is another hard work to go & will incur more cost which i decided not to go about it. yawn.gif yawn.gif cry.gif cry.gif

Reminder:
1) Get all the necessary permit/approval first before you start ur reno job. Never start first only go apply....else if some neighbour complaint u then GG liao....
2) If can avoid use contractor as runner to submit & get permit. Better do it by yourself so that you will know more in details from the professional. In some cases, contractor may just take your money & do nothing.

This post has been edited by jacsotong: Oct 7 2018, 01:43 PM
TSWhitE LighteR
post Oct 7 2018, 04:49 PM

WhitE LighteR Is Black~
All Stars
10,339 posts

QUOTE(jacsotong @ Oct 7 2018, 01:38 PM)
Hi, recently I'm engaging a MPKJ's panel draughtsman for my house renovation as well. For my case, i can't use MPKJ's standard drawing plan because my house is above 2 feet from back lane. It cost me around RM3k+ in order to draw a new plan, submit & get approval/permit from MPKJ. (in fact half of the cost is go to MPKJ.... shakehead.gif  shakehead.gif  shakehead.gif )

This only up to getting approval for renovation, didn't included getting CCC at the end of the day. Getting CCC is another hard work to go & will incur more cost which i decided not to go about it. yawn.gif  yawn.gif  cry.gif  cry.gif
Reminder:
1) Get all the necessary permit/approval first before you start ur reno job. Never start first only go apply....else if some neighbour complaint u then GG liao....
2) If can avoid use contractor as runner to submit & get permit. Better do it by yourself so that you will know more in details from the professional. In some cases, contractor may just take your money & do nothing.
What's the cost for CCC?
jacsotong
post Oct 9 2018, 12:17 AM

20 posts

QUOTE(WhitE LighteR @ Oct 7 2018, 05:49 PM)
What's the cost for CCC?
1) Another RM 1k+ for Ar to issue CCC
2) Another RM 1k+ for engineer site visit
3) Structural plan RM 950
3) All your contractor, plumber, electric technician must registered / licensed person. (means charges also higher)

😑😑😑
TSWhitE LighteR
post Oct 9 2018, 12:23 AM

WhitE LighteR Is Black~
All Stars
10,339 posts

QUOTE(jacsotong @ Oct 9 2018, 12:17 AM)
1) Another RM 1k+ for Ar to issue CCC
2) Another RM 1k+ for engineer site visit
3) Structural plan RM 950
3) All your contractor, plumber, electric technician must registered / licensed person. (means charges also higher)

😑😑😑
Wow... Quite many red tape
Aquarius33
post Oct 10 2018, 12:48 PM

16 posts

Currently renovating your home? Read this blog so you could avoid the problems you might be facing during your home renovation!

This post has been edited by Aquarius33: Oct 10 2018, 12:50 PM
kimzee
post Oct 10 2018, 12:56 PM

Casual
411 posts

QUOTE(Aquarius33 @ Oct 10 2018, 12:48 PM)
Currently renovating your home? Read this blog so you could avoid the problems you might be facing during your home renovation!
Too general and not very useful IMHO.

3 Pages < 1 2 3 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0172sec    0.37    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:38 PM