Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

11 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

OnePlus OnePlus 6/6T Discussion Thread V2, The Speed You Need / Unlock the Speed

views

TSEiraku
post Sep 12 2018, 08:20 PM

Geeking since 1985!
7,037 posts

QUOTE(jambu21 @ Sep 12 2018, 07:53 PM)
is it worth to get this phone now?
nak upgrade from nexus 6p
see ada promo for the phone looks very tempting
Go Google the specs for the upcoming 6T. If it's attractive to you, it should hit local channels by the end of the year, so it's not a long wait.

However, if the decreasing price of the 6 is more interesting for you, by all means do get the 6.

Save for the slightly lesser-then-flagship Cameras (it's pretty good, just not P20Pro/S9 good), it's a very nicely built phone with excellent software (as far as OEM flavored Androids are concerned) and performance by the boatload.

So yeah, it depends.

Personally, I like mine enough that I'm probably staying out of the upgrade race for a few years lol.

This post has been edited by Eiraku: Sep 12 2018, 08:25 PM
TSEiraku
post Sep 12 2018, 09:48 PM

Geeking since 1985!
7,037 posts

QUOTE(jambu21 @ Sep 12 2018, 08:35 PM)
3 months lama kene tunggu jugak + the price sure will be a bit more expensive

let me ask you, what is your personal opinion on the camera? worth it for that price?
It's a bit complicated.

For photos, the hardware is actually there, as can be evidenced from the pictures not being too bad once I installed Camera M Mod (a Magisk module) and dialed down the NR and sharpening. But at stock settings it kinda smears details a bit (the infamous "OP watercolour"), hence the "less then flagship" thing.

Also it's not so good in the dark, as the auto algorithm prefers to jack up ISO (less details, more noise... which the NR further butchers on stock settings) vs lengthening shutterspeed... but to be fair, that's what most phone cameras tend to do, anyway.

Still, it's pretty good for the price range, save for probably one rival, the Mi8, as that one is a bit better in the dark... though I'd rather not deal with MIUI myself (having come from EMUI). Personally, I have no real qualms with the pics though - but again I'm running it modded.

For videos, it's pretty good too. 4k/60fps, OIS, slow mo bla bla... But again it's not up to the flagships (especially in regards to the EIS/OIS) but it's a still better then the rest in its class for sure. The Zenphone 5Z comes close video-wise, but Asus software package is an acquired taste unfortunately and the stabilisation is even worse.

So yeah.

To be completely honest, it's the "package" that the 6 brings that is the clincher for me personally. Awesome build quality (shame its still a glass sandwich), speedy performance, pretty decent cameras overall and very, very light software (with resulting respectable battery life)... and all for less money now that the 6T is coming.

It's a "the sum of its parts" kinda thing really.

This post has been edited by Eiraku: Sep 12 2018, 10:09 PM
TSEiraku
post Sep 13 2018, 12:01 AM

Geeking since 1985!
7,037 posts

QUOTE(jambu21 @ Sep 12 2018, 10:26 PM)
wow thats some detailed review thanks
i still do think that my 6p camera is good for now but its just that the phone is starting to get laggy and its getting irritating at times
maybe ill go test out a demo unit and see how it goes from there.

thanks again
No problemo. If you can't find any demo sets elsewhere, All-IT Hypermart branches usually have OP6 demo units for you to play with.

Ironically, I ended up buying the 6 primarily because of an All-IT demo unit lol - before that I had qualms over the 6's size (vs my comparatively tiny old Honor 8)... biggrin.gif

TSEiraku
post Sep 13 2018, 02:33 AM

Geeking since 1985!
7,037 posts

QUOTE(Seng89 @ Sep 13 2018, 12:34 AM)
not sure why, but demo unit seem like abit laggy for me. But with the device never feel laggy. Weird huh ? even Op5t and Op6 the same.
Long time never clean cache? Or no software updates for that matter lol. Both sounds like a recipe for a laggy disaster to me.

This post has been edited by Eiraku: Sep 13 2018, 05:32 AM
TSEiraku
post Sep 13 2018, 11:57 PM

Geeking since 1985!
7,037 posts

QUOTE(wo0ho0o @ Sep 13 2018, 11:30 PM)
Omfg is oneplus for real… are we talking about oneplus… oneplus is removing the 3.5mm I hope this will be false

Update: I just read and its true… this will be a bad move on oneplus imho…

first u can't charge and listen on ur headphone at the same time unless u get those addapter which I don't even know works or not…

Second they will be huge lattency for games on their bluetooth device maybe upto 200 or more ms… even aptx LL is only rated upto 100ms only… bad news for gamers like me…

Haih wut happen to oneplus doh.gif

One good news is that oneplus 6 will be a gem the last phone from oneplus with headphones jack tongue.gif
Well, it could be that they have IP67 to counter the loss of that jack... but yeah, this is pretty in line with what I said before about "questionable design decisions lately"... or rather being "at the mercy" of Oppo's design team.

It's sounding more and more like they are (shackled to Oppo), and whatever Carl is saying is just rationalising the fact that the phone the OP6T is gonna be based on (the R17Pro) just doesn't have a jack to begin with... and there's no real time (or resource) left to try to change that for the 6T.

Well, at least seems that I decided to get in at the best possible time then lol. RIP Jack, you will be missed... while I continue to enjoy mine happily for the foreseeable future.

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

This post has been edited by Eiraku: Sep 14 2018, 05:28 AM
TSEiraku
post Sep 14 2018, 08:38 AM

Geeking since 1985!
7,037 posts

QUOTE(10071985 @ Sep 14 2018, 08:30 AM)
i thought r17 pro has the audio jack?
But really oP6T killing of the jack really a big turn down for me.
After OP2, I am waiting for 6T to join the OP club again ranting.gif
R17 has it, not the R17Pro. But the death of Jack has been confirmed by Carl Pei himself so we now know which chassis is being borrowed by OP.

And you know what else the R17Pro lacks? The Alert Slider lol. Usually OP adds them onto the R-series chassis but eyyy, considering they're in such a subtractive mood...

Unfortunately enough, considering the #papan9 gets, on average, 4-5 hours of SOT under heavy use WITH the 4000mAh batt when I can get 6h+ easily with the 6 (while using it hard as I always do)... Samsung doesn't really look like a viable option either.

Unless they do an Android One S10.

doppatroll Some folks (like me) plan to not only use the jack for output, but for input as well... so it's more than just headphones. Also, the BEST split charge/jack Type-C adapter so far (the Sony something or other) can only do 500mA input, so good luck charging quickly with those unless OP has plans for a Warp Charge adapter (which I doubt is in the works).

Also, the Nex S managed fine with BOTH an in-screen FPS and a jack so Carl's little BS show holds very little water TBH, besides TRYING to cover up the fact that they're stuck with using the R-series as a base as they will be moving forward - with very little leeway to customise the end product.

And yes, expect the same 3600mAh (2x1800) battery from the R17Pro. 300mAh being the compensation paid for the death of the Jack, which (combined with the possibly slow and inaccurate FPS) seems to be a bit inordinate, at least to me.

But again, eyyy... I doubt people are gonna care pun lol. Look at the Honor 10, even with the shitty ultrasonic FPS and the death of its microSD slot (and locked bootloader), normies bought boatloads of the thing anyway.

This post has been edited by Eiraku: Sep 14 2018, 08:54 AM
TSEiraku
post Sep 14 2018, 10:38 AM

Geeking since 1985!
7,037 posts

QUOTE(Andrew Lim @ Sep 14 2018, 10:31 AM)
OnePlus is trying to follow Apple's footsteps to sell headphone accessories.  bye.gif

#NeverSettle  puke.gif
Fixed that up fer ya.

Also, do remember that the OP2 Did ditch the NFC... and OP ended up putting it back in later so there's the slightest glimmer of hope that Jack might be returning...

Than again, OP actually designed their own darned phones back then, rather then modding Oppo designs, so... hmm.gif

This post has been edited by Eiraku: Sep 14 2018, 10:39 AM
TSEiraku
post Sep 14 2018, 12:36 PM

Geeking since 1985!
7,037 posts

QUOTE(tHe^CuLpRit @ Sep 14 2018, 11:34 AM)
Could there's be a possibility of earphones being included in the box with the 6T, seeing as there's going to be a Type C bullet earphone?
To bribe appease the roving bands of angry enthusiasts, maybe. A Jack adapter SHOULD be included by default though, as per every other Android OEM who has betrayed our poor Jack.

Unless OP is planning to go FULL Apple on us... doh.gif

This post has been edited by Eiraku: Sep 14 2018, 04:29 PM
TSEiraku
post Sep 14 2018, 11:22 PM

Geeking since 1985!
7,037 posts

QUOTE(benny888 @ Sep 14 2018, 10:32 PM)
You'd think that rather then put a bloody LED in there they could have put a wireless charging pad inside instead lol. But eyyy, that's just practical ol' me.

I mean folks already did it with iPhone 6/7s. Maybe later once my phone get older I can experiment like that one YouTube angmoh in China who did that (and Jacked his 7).

And TBH, that finish looks hideous to my cheapo eyes lol.

This post has been edited by Eiraku: Sep 14 2018, 11:26 PM
TSEiraku
post Sep 15 2018, 12:52 PM

Geeking since 1985!
7,037 posts

QUOTE(muman7 @ Sep 15 2018, 10:02 AM)
I bought my OP6 Malaysia set on 28th Aug from directD with 2 years MiHan warranty, what I need to do to obtain the extra 1 year warranty? Or how do I check my phone warranty period?
I think you already have that extra year lolz, normally it's only 1 year.

As for checking, not so sure.
TSEiraku
post Sep 15 2018, 08:43 PM

Geeking since 1985!
7,037 posts

QUOTE(Seng89 @ Sep 15 2018, 06:16 PM)
Haha ... But 50 units lol ..
Clearing stocks for the 6T most prolly lol.
TSEiraku
post Sep 16 2018, 12:38 AM

Geeking since 1985!
7,037 posts

QUOTE(RyoKenzaki @ Sep 15 2018, 10:29 PM)
Got my ringke fusion case today.
It's not bad but there's 2 major drawback...
The speaker volume is noticibly lower now, I have a hard time listening to foot steps while playing pubg.
Another issue is that it's impossible to switch my alert slider...
I literally have to remove the case to switch them

Most probably gonna get another case, any recommendation for clear case?
If your buttons work well you might have the "revision" version (yeah the buttons used to be even worse lol). If you use an art knife or something to shave a bit of the material from the "inside-top" of the slider opening, it should work a bit better.

Otherwise, yeah, that's pretty much it. A good thing is the Fusion has a decent amount of front lip... which is more I could say for a whole bunch of other cases out there. For example, the Sedio Optik / Capas clear case has better buttons, cutouts and a zero-rainbow back... but for me it has no lip at all lol (check front page for a link to my review on the casenunder "Acessories").

Oh, there ARE the Supcase UB Style (aka the Beetle) and the Orzly Fusion cases, but I haven't tested any of them yet so no idea if they are viable alternatives. The Orzly has a clear back with no bumps though, which means RAINBOW PARTY!

This post has been edited by Eiraku: Sep 16 2018, 12:52 AM
TSEiraku
post Sep 16 2018, 01:18 AM

Geeking since 1985!
7,037 posts

QUOTE(RyoKenzaki @ Sep 16 2018, 01:13 AM)
Yeah I plan to cut the slider opening a bit...
Either that or I will just sell it while it's still fresh and buy another case haha

Orzly case looks good, I will try that
It might rainbow badly though, due to the no-bump back. Just FYI. Personally think the Supcase UB Style would work better in that regard, but it has flush buttons unfortunately.

This post has been edited by Eiraku: Sep 16 2018, 01:19 AM
TSEiraku
post Sep 16 2018, 01:38 AM

Geeking since 1985!
7,037 posts

QUOTE(RyoKenzaki @ Sep 16 2018, 01:29 AM)
What does flush button mean?
Anw "rainbow" refers to the reflective rainbow-ish tone on the cover right?
How does no bump create rainbow effect?
Apologize, I'm a bit blur
Actually "rainbow" here refers to that yucky, oil-like effect that you get when a clear, non-bumped plastic/TPU case back gets into contact with the glossy back glass of a phone. It's like how a bad, non full adhesive TGSP looks like when you push down.

The bumps keeps the two layers apart, or at least tries to, so the effect is minimised. Look at the back of your Ringke case to see how these bumps look like.

The rainbow "tone" is another thing but eyyy that's not really an issue as it is usually only present under certain angles. The oil "rainbow"? You can clearly see it no matter what angle you look at it lol, so yeah you don't want it.

As for "flush" buttons, well they're buttons that don't physically poke out on the cases. Some of them are marked with texturing or cuts but they don't rise out from the sides, and are of the same level. I find these types of buttons a bit harder to feel for so I don't really like them... but they can be "okay" when done right.

prokiller1199 Actually, my Smoke unit does seem "partly" updated. The buttons are awesome (they have cuts in them like the Spigen vs the fully uncut original release) but the slider cutout is still pretty meh lol.

So I modded the cutout with a razor (and the back panel with some stickers as even with bumps, my ClearCoated back is pretty rainbow-prone) and it's soldiering on well as my backup case now.

This post has been edited by Eiraku: Sep 16 2018, 01:48 AM
TSEiraku
post Sep 16 2018, 01:47 AM

Geeking since 1985!
7,037 posts

QUOTE(RyoKenzaki @ Sep 16 2018, 01:44 AM)
Noted with thanks, I will skip that one then haha
Missed the "flush" question though, have edited my initial response with info on that too.
TSEiraku
post Sep 16 2018, 02:30 AM

Geeking since 1985!
7,037 posts

QUOTE(prokiller1199 @ Sep 16 2018, 01:48 AM)
check attachment.
Hmmm, then the buttons have cuts in them even in V1? Then I don't really understand the previous issue with them as they work fine this way. Was under the impression that they didn't have the cuts to begin with.

Or did the rep only mean updates to the alert slider cutout (check the reply you posted: "only fixed the alert slider cutout...")? Because yeah the one I got did have a shitty cutout. Only the buttons seemed improved (even if they were).

This post has been edited by Eiraku: Sep 16 2018, 02:33 AM
TSEiraku
post Sep 16 2018, 02:36 AM

Geeking since 1985!
7,037 posts

QUOTE(prokiller1199 @ Sep 16 2018, 02:33 AM)
hmm.my button is fine.
On V1? Or V2? Because I really thought the issue with the pre-revision models were shitty buttons AND the crappy alert slider cutout.

If I was wrong then it's fine lol. The my razor DIY fixes are sufficient anyway for the alert slider to work, and for a backup case that's already fine for me.

A shame they're not updating the smoke though.

This post has been edited by Eiraku: Sep 16 2018, 02:38 AM
TSEiraku
post Sep 16 2018, 02:43 AM

Geeking since 1985!
7,037 posts

QUOTE(prokiller1199 @ Sep 16 2018, 02:38 AM)
mine first bought and the latest, the volume button no problem. the alert slider is the main problem for me . I think it's v1 assuming v2 is the latest now. razor op.
Ahhhhh. Then it's just the alert slider that's the issue then. OK dokey.

So yeah, I can now concur that the Smoke is all old stock then lol.
TSEiraku
post Sep 16 2018, 03:23 PM

Geeking since 1985!
7,037 posts

QUOTE(Ju5tin85 @ Sep 16 2018, 01:28 PM)
I have the UAG case and I have no issues with the alert slider
The only issue I have with the UAG is the huge branding at the back lol. Sure, the logo is part of the UAG "look" but it's a bit too showy for me.

Otherwise it seems to be a decent "tough" case for times when the Spigen isn't enough (or when you're rocking a full-face TGSP).
TSEiraku
post Sep 17 2018, 12:22 AM

Geeking since 1985!
7,037 posts

BTW, a few days back I stumbled upon what might just be the "Holy Grail" of glass protectors (at least for me): The Matte TGSP. Linkies here: https://goo.gl/3nz4hS

As happy as I am with the X-One, I am a hard core matte lover so I was sufficiently intrigued to order a few lol. Comments on Amazon seem to focus that it's not "full-cover", but eyyy, the X-One isn't either. Also a few folks complaining the TGSP wasn't clear when they ordered a matte one specifically... doh.gif

Hopefully I don't screw up applying these later though (like I did with the InvisShield), but supposedly they also come with a Whitestone-like "template"so that might make things a whole lot easier. Plus trauma from the "InvisShield incident" should make me a lot more careful this time.

Unfortunately, the company's international shipping rates don't really make them all that 'affordable" overall... BUT there's ZERO similar items on AliEx, just a few overcut ones that need "side glue"... soooo expensive shipping it is then.

So yeah, expect a review in a coupla weeks. Hopefully sooner rather than later.

carpathia Depends. How much is Mr Jack important to you? For me, I'd rather have it then not, for headphones AND mics, but I'm not so sure for you.

This post has been edited by Eiraku: Sep 17 2018, 05:35 AM

11 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.1295sec    0.20    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:35 PM