Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Crossfire experience, Please share your dual gpu experience

views

TSkhiunngiap
post Sep 5 2018, 06:18 PM, updated 6y ago

Getting Started
193 posts

Hi, I have ryzen 7 1700 in a x370 mother board,currently using rx580, I am kinda satisfy with this card on my 1440p mon. However, looking at the price drop of gpu , kind a wanted to run it dual.

I know many would advice single better card, so wanna hear more experience from your guys.
H3artBreakKid
post Sep 5 2018, 06:27 PM

💔💔💔
448 posts

if budget constrain you can go for the 2nd rx580, but if you got dosh to spend then go all out on the best.

stronger single card always perform better than weaker sli/xfire cards.

at the end just add the last strongest card for sli/xfire for best performance thumbup.gif
mondayblue17
post Sep 5 2018, 09:34 PM

Getting Started
50 posts

sell your RX580 and buy a GTX1080 or 1080TI, can get a much better performance than dual RX580.
TSkhiunngiap
post Sep 5 2018, 09:49 PM

Getting Started
193 posts

I would like to get vega 56 . however, not sure How long can I enjoy it as it has been out for sometimes and the recent Nvidia new card.

Just have the urge to upgrade but rationally I should wait .
k!nex
post Sep 9 2018, 03:41 PM

Restless stars
3,327 posts

Never ever get a dual gpu setup if you're not running top end gpu and still asking more power.

Games these days litterally drop support for it. Plenty of stuttering problems and it does not scale well. When you wanna sell off the gpu to upgrade, you need to sell 2 of them instead of 1.

Dont be tempted on crossfire. It looks good on paper , in real world usage, it has so many complication. You better wait for upcoming 7nm Vega GPU if you need freesync.
man_sate
post Sep 9 2018, 04:39 PM

Getting Started
59 posts

Double post

This post has been edited by man_sate: Sep 10 2018, 09:32 AM
man_sate
post Sep 9 2018, 04:39 PM

Getting Started
59 posts

I have use 290x CF previously. Watercooled both of them because it is too hot. You will get a nice graphic on certain games. Others games that not support CF need an adjustment manually. Using it for 2 years and sell it because the performance gain is not good. Usually stuter when the graphic card is hot. Now, I buy gtx 1080 because I gain more performance, less heat and power consumption.
TSkhiunngiap
post Sep 10 2018, 08:16 AM

Getting Started
193 posts

I guess I should wait for the next amd gen card . The rx580 still good at 1440p on recent old games . I should wait one year ??? To enjoy another three years .
Skylinestar
post Sep 10 2018, 06:33 PM

Mega Duck
All Stars
10,090 posts

with malaysia hot temperature, you need to watch out on potential crossfire overheat and thermal throttling.
CyrusWong
post Sep 12 2018, 12:51 PM

Regular
1,626 posts

I don't have experience of using dual gc before, either crossfire or sli

but I've been googled for so many times in regarding of this

I can tell you, out of all the search results, all of them recommend don't do it, better spend the money on buying a single and better card.

reason is
1. dual card driver support is.. erm.. how do i say it... "slow"? in another word, not good driver support.

2. your game need to be optimized/developed to be able to utilize crossfire/sli

3. very high power consumption (which do not justify the level of performance upgraded), you need a powerful psu also, which mean you need to spend more budget into psu.

they say,

only crossfire/sli if you happen to get a spare card on your hand somehow and you do not want to spend money to upgrade your system.

else if you are buying new gc, don't do this, spend it on buying a better single graphic card.

again, I don't have experience of crossfire/sli, what I said above might be correct or might be wrong since I learn them from google search. dear sifus and masters here, please correct me if I said something wrong, cheers~ cheers.gif

This post has been edited by CyrusWong: Sep 12 2018, 12:55 PM

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0116sec    0.15    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:46 PM