Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Maybankard 2 Gold & Platinum Cards V20, 5% with M2 Amex on ALL WEEKEND spend (Credit Cards)

David83
post Feb 20 2019, 10:25 PM

Witch Doctor
Group Icon
Group: Elite

QUOTE(BlacBeanz @ Feb 20 2019, 10:22 PM)
Hi anyone knows how to repay ptptn with Amex online? or must only over the counter?  i recall payment via FPX not eligible for cashback...

Also to update i succeeded in cancellation of my mastercard without hesitation from CS.
1. PTPTN portal. Don't select the FPX option. Use the Credit Card tab.
2. PTPTN branch/office
CrimsonFreakz
post Feb 20 2019, 10:38 PM

Group: Junior Member

QUOTE(celciuz @ Feb 17 2019, 11:05 AM)
Definitely, I was there years back and using AMEX Charge Card (company issues). Recent travels company no longer issue card so... use own cards to rack points haha!

Just noticed my credit card anniversary is next month, cancelled the Visa Platinum. Stated due to SST, then no further questions asked  thumbup.gif
Ah sorry for the late reply. I just realized that there is an extra 2.5% charge on top of the transaction? Meaning if my hotel stay is 1k euro i will have to pay 1k euro + 25 euro + MBB conversion rate?
celciuz
post Feb 21 2019, 07:25 AM

CY Pixels
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(CrimsonFreakz @ Feb 20 2019, 10:38 PM)
Ah sorry for the late reply. I just realized that there is an extra 2.5% charge on top of the transaction? Meaning if my hotel stay is 1k euro i will have to pay 1k euro + 25 euro + MBB conversion rate?
Yeah but since is BT, company just pay whatever appears in MYR on my statement. cool2.gif
iammasivers
post Feb 21 2019, 10:24 AM

Getting Started

If withdraw cash from cc how much fee will be incurred?
David83
post Feb 21 2019, 10:25 AM

Witch Doctor
Group Icon

QUOTE(iammasivers @ Feb 21 2019, 10:24 AM)
Cash Advance Fee + Daily Interest Incurred till the withdrawn amount is cleared at the rate of 18% p.a

Flat rate of 5% of the total amount of cash advance
Minimum: RM10

URL: https://www.maybank2u.com.my/maybank2u/mala...redit_card.page

A better alternative is Cash Treats or EzyCash
URL1: https://www.maybank2u.com.my/mbb_info/m2u/p...sonal/CRD-Cards

URL2: https://www.maybank2u.com.my/mbb_info/m2u/p...sonal/CRD-Cards

This post has been edited by David83: Feb 21 2019, 10:28 AM
LostAndFound
post Feb 21 2019, 11:30 AM

Look at all my stars!!

If I set a delayed payment to take effect on Saturday will I get the 5% weekend amex cashback?
#Victor
post Feb 21 2019, 12:07 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(LostAndFound @ Feb 21 2019, 11:30 AM)
If I set a delayed payment to take effect on Saturday will I get the 5% weekend amex cashback?
Yes, u will receive SMS in evening after the effective payment done or failed during the noon.
WaCKy-Angel
post Feb 21 2019, 12:36 PM

PeACe~~

QUOTE(iammasivers @ Feb 21 2019, 10:24 AM)
nowadays so much easier and cheaper ways to "withdraw" cash from CC like using e-wallet such as Boost, BigPay, Touch n Go app, etc etc...
it will NOT be counted as cash advance but as normal transaction so u wont get charged crazy
hurtedheart
post Feb 21 2019, 01:00 PM

Casual

If apply temporary credit limit increase can opt for 0% repayment after swipe the amount?
fruitie
post Feb 21 2019, 02:38 PM

Rise and Shine
Group Icon
Group: Staff

QUOTE(hurtedheart @ Feb 21 2019, 01:00 PM)
If apply temporary credit limit increase can opt for 0% repayment after swipe the amount?
Temporary credit limit increase is subject to management approval and it is for emergency reasons like hospitalization, overseas and etc.
timo1003
post Feb 21 2019, 02:54 PM

Casual

QUOTE(zhuhang @ Feb 20 2019, 05:48 PM)
hey guys,

I got my maybank 2 cards (mastercard + amex) this month.
Wondering if I can cancel the mastercard and keep amex?

My GF in the middle of applying, the staff whatsapp say after 6 months can cancel mastercard and keep the amex. Is it true?
Er, can try to cancel and update us here?

My personal experience:
Got my m2c plat in earlier this month (I already had the amex gold previously); asked for cancellation of m2c mastercard last week, (1st) CS said 'ok will proceed', called up on Friday to follow up and also mentioned 'last time CS said will proceed with cancellation', this (2nd) CS did not query and told me it's still in process according to system. Called up again today to get an update, was informed, after checking by (3rd) CS: 'can't cancel, we understand there was a request for cancellation sent, but rejected by management. Now all m2c CC after 1.9.2018 can't cancel just one card'. Called another (4th) CS afterwards and was told the usual 'now m2c cannot cancel either cards anymore'.

Wondering if anyone else did manage to get their m2c visa/mastercard cancelled post 1.9.2018 (especially if it's applied this year), at least some sharing would allow others to know that it can still be cancelled but depending on the CS..
cybpsych
post Feb 21 2019, 03:47 PM

---------------------

QUOTE(YouWin023 @ Feb 11 2019, 07:52 PM)
Submitted cancellation request on 4 Feb 2019 via FB message. CS contacted me on the same day, informing me it is allowed to cancel 1 out of 2 cards. I mentioned to CS that many Lowyat forumers mentioned it is no allowed to cancel 1 out of 2 cards for saving on SST purpose. He clarified stating it is allowed. The cancellation can even be done on the spot if I activate the card (I did not activate cause I am worried about getting SST charge).

Today I followed up again via FB and got a call as well. This CS informing me the cancellation is in progress and it is expected to complete by 14 Feb 2019. He also mentioned to me if I have activated the card, he can do the cancellation on the spot too. (again I did not activate cause of the SST concern)

Let's see the end results by 14 Feb 2019. To be continued....
QUOTE(YouWin023 @ Feb 11 2019, 08:38 PM)
Ya. Applied in January 2019.
any news for the cancellation?
hurtedheart
post Feb 21 2019, 06:12 PM

Casual

QUOTE(fruitie @ Feb 21 2019, 02:38 PM)
Temporary credit limit increase is subject to management approval and it is for emergency reasons like hospitalization, overseas and etc.
Ya, it was. Sadly they only increase 30% from my limit, I resulted to bank in cash to the card in order to swipe the card for emergency.
derick8860
post Feb 21 2019, 07:22 PM

Pledged FD for m2c 2 years ago, recently applied to cancel the pledge but to remain my m2c, they rejected me.

My ccris ok, last 2 years payment & usage for the m2c also ok, with latest income got me 800k housing loan also.

Last year I applied also rejected me, they just die die dont wan release the FD back to me. ranting.gif

If I were to cancel the m2c, do I have to finish all the treat points first?

Or the treat points will remain even I cancelled the cards?

Truly disappointed with them.
David83
post Feb 21 2019, 07:24 PM

Witch Doctor
Group Icon

QUOTE(derick8860 @ Feb 21 2019, 07:22 PM)
Pledged FD for m2c 2 years ago, recently applied to cancel the pledge but to remain my m2c, they rejected me.

My ccris ok, last 2 years payment & usage for the m2c also ok, with latest income got me 800k housing loan also.

Last year I applied also rejected me, they just die die dont wan release the FD back to me.  ranting.gif

If I were to cancel the m2c, do I have to finish all the treat points first?

Or the treat points will remain even I cancelled the cards?

Truly disappointed with them.
You are advised to redeem all TP before cancellation.
Once cancelled, kiss goodbye to the TP and the card.
cybpsych
post Feb 21 2019, 08:06 PM

---------------------

user posted image

Get Rewarded & Win Cashback up to RM150 [ MBB | T&Cs ]
Apply online and be rewarded when you spend a minimum of RM300 and above on your newly approved Maybank Visa & American Express Principal Credit Card.

Click here to apply for a Credit Card now!

**read the webpage and T&Cs thoroughly**
derick8860
post Feb 21 2019, 09:07 PM

QUOTE(David83 @ Feb 21 2019, 07:24 PM)
You are advised to redeem all TP before cancellation.
Once cancelled, kiss goodbye to the TP and the card.
Ok, thanks for the advice!
ubeyou
post Feb 21 2019, 10:48 PM

DreamX

Hi sifu,

I have a question for the Amex Travel Insurance.

If I purchase the flight ticket with my Platinum Amex, do I have to buy Tune Protect? Or everything is covered by the Amex Travel Insurance?
ericlaiys
post Feb 21 2019, 11:56 PM

Regular

One noob question, if buy flight ticket using Amex, then loss/delay baggage or flight issue, how to claim and who to report to?
koala225
post Yesterday, 12:19 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(ericlaiys @ Feb 21 2019, 11:56 PM)
One noob question, if buy flight ticket using Amex, then loss/delay baggage or flight issue, how to claim and who to report to?
CLAIMS
1. All information and evidence required by the Company or its agents shall be furnished at the expense of the Covered Person or his or her personal representative and shall be in such forms and of such nature as the Company may prescribe.

2. Copies of Record of Charge Forms relating to expenses incurred in respect of which indemnity is claimed under this Certificate must be supplied to Maybank Card Centre, 7th Floor, Menara Maybank, 100, Jalan Tun Perak, 50050 Kuala Lumpur. Also the Record of Charge Form, verifying that the relevant flight tickets were charged to Maybank 2 Platinum Cards Account and in respect of lost or delayed luggage, a copy of the property irregularity report obtained from the airline, must be supplied to Maybank Card Centre, 7th floor, Menara Maybank, 100, Jalan Tun Perak, 50050 Kuala Lumpur with the following information:
 Full details of the flight (airline, flight numbers, departure airport,
destination, scheduled times and arrival airport).
 Full details of the delay or loss incurred.
 Full details of expenses for which reimbursement is claimed.

3. Benefits payable under this Certificate in respect of valid claims will be
payable to Maybank Cards Business and will be credited to the Covered Person’s Maybank 2 Platinum Cards Account.

MAXIMUM INDEMNITY
Duplicate or multiple Maybank 2 Platinum Cards shall not obligate the Company in excess of the limit stated herein for expenses incurred by any one individual Covered Person as a result of any one incident covered under this Master Policy.

4. Claims Service – all claims and correspondence relating to the insurance must be given as soon as possible but no later than 21 days after the event giving rise to the claim to:

Maybank Card Centre
7th Floor, Menara Maybank
100, Jalan Tun Perak
50050 Kuala Lumpur

This post has been edited by koala225: Yesterday, 12:22 AM

Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0820sec    2.52    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 23rd February 2019 - 02:36 AM