Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Asus Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 Discussion V2, SD636 | 5000mAh Battery | 10H SOT

views

souler_heart
post Apr 14 2019, 11:09 AM

Getting Started
52 posts

QUOTE(00king00 @ Apr 14 2019, 12:04 PM)
So guys, I updated my phone to Android Pie using manually method by putting the .zip file into internal storage. link

Just some little insight for Android Pie on our beloved phone.
- Ambient Display now enabled
- Semi-faulty "Swipe from home" navigation feature
- Still no luck for cameraapi2 (Can enable using fastboot)
- Bluetooth connection problem (com.bluetooth.android) keep forcing close, I tried clear cache/data but still happening.
- Status Bar items a little bit misaligned, leaving a bit of spaces on edge, forcing the item slightly into middle.
- Night light doesn't work (Some say have to enable in Developer Mode), but eventho in Developer Mode I still can't get it to work.
- There were no any performance upgrade so far & vice versa.

Can be use as daily if you okay with all the bugs, but for me the most cannot tahan is bluetooth issue. Thus I've rolled back to Oreo.
How to rolled back after upgrade to pie?
TSattw
post Apr 14 2019, 11:12 AM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
32,264 posts

QUOTE(00king00 @ Apr 14 2019, 11:04 AM)
So guys, I updated my phone to Android Pie using manually method by putting the .zip file into internal storage. link

- Bluetooth connection problem (com.bluetooth.android) keep forcing close, I tried clear cache/data but still happening.
- Status Bar items a little bit misaligned, leaving a bit of spaces on edge, forcing the item slightly into middle.
- Night light doesn't work (Some say have to enable in Developer Mode), but eventho in Developer Mode I still can't get it to work.

Can be use as daily if you okay with all the bugs, but for me the most cannot tahan is bluetooth issue. Thus I've rolled back to Oreo.
Better skip the update first in that case laugh.gif
JJKTP
post Apr 14 2019, 11:55 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,155 posts

Sounds scary.
nexona88
post Apr 14 2019, 01:31 PM

The Royal Club Member
All Stars
41,806 posts

Huhuhuhuh...
Basically don't update first 😈
TSattw
post Apr 14 2019, 08:25 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
32,264 posts

QUOTE(JJKTP @ Apr 14 2019, 11:55 AM)
Sounds scary.
It’s probably a good reason why they haven’t officially roll out the update yet smile.gif
JJKTP
post Apr 14 2019, 08:37 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,155 posts

QUOTE(attw @ Apr 14 2019, 08:25 PM)
It’s probably a good reason why they haven’t officially roll out the update yet smile.gif
Yeah. Good for us.
00king00
post Apr 14 2019, 10:46 PM

Touge!
698 posts

QUOTE(souler_heart @ Apr 14 2019, 11:09 AM)
How to rolled back after upgrade to pie?
You'll need to download the fastboot firmware, extract it and run the "flash_all.cmd", this will format all the data. And is quite hard to get it work on Windows 10.

I refer to this tutorial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jD3iMvkUnl0&t.

This post has been edited by 00king00: Apr 14 2019, 10:46 PM
TSattw
post Apr 16 2019, 01:40 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
32,264 posts

Early review on Android Pie for Max Pro M1

https://www.androidpure.com/zenfone-max-pro...-update-review/
zenman
post Apr 17 2019, 11:04 AM

Casual
348 posts

Looks like you've updated with AP Beta. Camera2 API is enabled on the stable version:

ASUS Zenfone Max Pro M1 Android Pie Update Review

'To be honest, the stable Pie Update is not that different from the beta. In fact, the only difference I could see is that support for Camera2API had been enabled in the Stable release. Pie Beta didn’t have it.'

I wouldn't be in too much of a hurry to update, even when the stable version is released. You never know just how buggy it can be.

Seems to me like Asus was in a hurry to meet the second, postponed deadline promised to its customers. A hasty effort may not produce good results.

I'd read around and evaluate for myself if the stable upgrade is even worth installing - when its released.

TSattw
post Apr 17 2019, 11:54 AM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
32,264 posts

QUOTE(zenman @ Apr 17 2019, 11:04 AM)
Looks like you've updated with AP Beta. Camera2 API is enabled on the stable version:

'To be honest, the stable Pie Update is not that different from the beta. In fact, the only difference I could see is that support for Camera2API had been enabled in the Stable release. Pie Beta didn’t have it.'
I wouldn't be in too much of a hurry to update, even when the stable version is released. You never know just how buggy it can be.

Seems to me like Asus was in a hurry to meet the second, postponed deadline promised to its customers. A hasty effort may not produce good results.

I'd read around and evaluate for myself if the stable upgrade is even worth installing - when its released.
Yup, for now, it’s best not to rush into the Pie update just yet for both M1 and M2.
JJKTP
post Apr 17 2019, 02:22 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,155 posts

Seems like i might need to reconsider my plan for next gen Asus.
TSattw
post Apr 17 2019, 05:48 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
32,264 posts

QUOTE(JJKTP @ Apr 17 2019, 02:22 PM)
Seems like i might need to reconsider my plan for next gen Asus.
I would disagree with that though. I thought they released updates and bug fixes pretty swiftly when I had my Max Pro M1.
00king00
post Apr 18 2019, 01:06 AM

Touge!
698 posts

Yes, after a 2-days usage of stable Pie, I rolled back to Oreo, more stable and no bluetooth bug.

azhar75
post Apr 18 2019, 08:12 AM

10k Club
All Stars
16,524 posts

Based on my previous experience, a hard reset is MANDATORY after every major Android OS upgrade.

After hard reset, do not install any apps for 48 hours to monitor the stability & energy consumption.

I know this exercise is not "practical". But this is the experience that I've gone thru for ages. The logic behind this is that the Devs use default stock apps to upgrade from old OS to the new OS. So, no interferences from 3rd party apps.

But knowing that M1 and M2 series are running on so-called "Stock Android" platform, I'm pretty sure the quirks in the 1st release of the "P"opcorn upgrade can be ironed out soon.

There's no way to expect Asus or any other manufacturers to deliver flawless major OS upgrade. There will be quirks but they should not be detrimental effects in using the device.

This post has been edited by azhar75: Apr 18 2019, 08:20 AM
TSattw
post Apr 18 2019, 06:05 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
32,264 posts

QUOTE(azhar75 @ Apr 18 2019, 08:12 AM)
Based on my previous experience, a hard reset is MANDATORY after every major Android OS upgrade.

After hard reset, do not install any apps for 48 hours to monitor the stability & energy consumption.

I know this exercise is not "practical". But this is the experience that I've gone thru for ages. The logic behind this is that the Devs use default stock apps to upgrade from old OS to the new OS. So, no interferences from 3rd party apps.

But knowing that M1 and M2 series are running on so-called "Stock Android" platform, I'm pretty sure the quirks in the 1st release of the "P"opcorn upgrade can be ironed out soon.

There's no way to expect Asus or any other manufacturers to deliver flawless major OS upgrade. There will be quirks but they should not be detrimental effects in using the device.
True, because it’s near stock, I’d imagine that it’s easier for Asus to fix the quirks and what not that comes with the updates.
JJKTP
post Apr 18 2019, 11:59 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,155 posts

QUOTE(attw @ Apr 18 2019, 06:05 PM)
True, because it’s near stock, I’d imagine that it’s easier for Asus to fix the quirks and what not that comes with the updates.
Exactly. That's what i thought all this while.
TSattw
post Apr 19 2019, 10:32 AM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
32,264 posts

Pie is imminent... Still no takers for a new TS to start V3 ah? Aiyooo laugh.gif
nexona88
post Apr 19 2019, 11:15 AM

The Royal Club Member
All Stars
41,806 posts

QUOTE(attw @ Apr 19 2019, 10:32 AM)
Pie is imminent... Still no takers for a new TS to start V3 ah? Aiyooo laugh.gif
Nearly 3k post only...
LYN now can have even 10k post per topic leh...
Why the hurry to have version 3 😑
TSattw
post Apr 19 2019, 11:16 AM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
32,264 posts

QUOTE(nexona88 @ Apr 19 2019, 11:15 AM)
Nearly 3k post only...
LYN now can have even 10k post per topic leh...
Why the hurry to have version 3 😑
No ma, I sold off my Max Pro M1 liow so I think a current owner should be the new TS, it's better this way smile.gif
zenman
post Apr 20 2019, 10:55 AM

Casual
348 posts

The weirdest thing happened to my M1 today. At 3am early this morning, I put it on airplane mode and plugged it in to charge (39% reserve) and then I checked it again at 9am. it was at full 100% charge, so I turned on the network, turned off the charger, unplugged it and left it idle.

At 10.30, when I checked my phone for messages, battery level showed an 85% balance. Whadaheck?!

Settings also showed that the last charge was 4 days ago...huh?

Attached Image

Why is my phone discharging so quickly and why is it living in the past?

198 Pages « < 148 149 150 151 152 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0165sec    0.25    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:44 AM