413 Pages « < 328 329 330 331 332 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Xiaomi Pocophone F1, Flagship Killer with Killer Price

views

n8210
post Jul 18 2019, 04:29 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,659 posts

Without rooting, how to stop the full screen ad, I believe from Google.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZZgygbtbzM

I have done this, but 6 links remained, can't remove.
adam husin
post Jul 19 2019, 04:38 AM

Getting Started
50 posts

good processer but very bad panel screen....sold mine 4 months ago and no regret at all
azhar75
post Jul 19 2019, 07:22 AM

10k Club
All Stars
16,523 posts

QUOTE(n8210 @ Jul 18 2019, 04:29 PM)
Without rooting, how to stop the full screen ad, I believe from Google.
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

I have done this, but 6 links remained, can't remove.
Hmmmm... Not sure if these ads are from Google or Xiaomi or some dirty 3rd party apps... I assume ur unit is still running stock MIUI. Then, it's most probably from 3rd party app(s)... MIUI ads is not on the lockscreen though...

But after following that YouTube, are the ads totally gone?
n8210
post Jul 19 2019, 09:13 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,659 posts

QUOTE(azhar75 @ Jul 19 2019, 07:22 AM)
Hmmmm... Not sure if these ads are from Google or Xiaomi or some dirty 3rd party apps... I assume ur unit is still running stock MIUI. Then, it's most probably from 3rd party app(s)... MIUI ads is not on the lockscreen though...

But after following that YouTube, are the ads totally gone?
When I wrote the above post, I already tried the whole Google ad opt out thing, following the youtube video on the day before. So within the 24 hours, I were still receiving ads, especially when you on the screen, then perhaps sip a bit of hot coffee, then it notice you have not touched the phone screen for a short while, that's when the ads would pop up. BUT, the MOST irritating time is when I am touching touching touching the screen, playing my mobile game, and the ad would force it way into my face!!! Suddenly I have no control over my game character, you start to wonder what's going on... bug? lost connection? Boom! In my face... !@#$%^&* Google ad. You can't immediately off it either. You touch the X at the corner to close it, won't register. A few seconds have to pass, then only you will regain control of the screen.

I re-did the whole youtube opt out thing again last evening. But this time, I think I do not have any ads again. At least for the past 12 hours. You know why? Seems like, when I first do the steps, I turn off ads personalization, then go to website to opt out all. And once finished, somehow, google managed to turn on my ads personalization again. I noticed this when I went in the second time and tried again last evening. God damn ad war with google.
freddy manson
post Jul 19 2019, 09:22 AM

ðñê hêll ð£ å gµ¥
4,817 posts

QUOTE(n8210 @ Jul 19 2019, 09:13 AM)
When I wrote the above post, I already tried the whole Google ad opt out thing, following the youtube video on the day before. So within the 24 hours, I were still receiving ads, especially when you on the screen, then perhaps sip a bit of hot coffee, then it notice you have not touched the phone screen for a short while, that's when the ads would pop up. BUT, the MOST irritating time is when I am touching touching touching the screen, playing my mobile game, and the ad would force it way into my face!!! Suddenly I have no control over my game character, you start to wonder what's going on... bug? lost connection? Boom! In my face... !@#$%^&* Google ad. You can't immediately off it either. You touch the X at the corner to close it, won't register. A few seconds have to pass, then only you will regain control of the screen.

I re-did the whole youtube opt out thing again last evening. But this time, I think I do not have any ads again. At least for the past 12 hours. You know why? Seems like, when I first do the steps, I turn off ads personalization, then go to website to opt out all. And once finished, somehow, google managed to turn on my ads personalization again. I noticed this when I went in the second time and tried again last evening. God damn ad war with google.
too much trouble bro
i think rooting will benefit u most
it is an easy task (if u can wait for the unlocking window time)
and fairly lots of tutorials on it online/youtube
n8210
post Jul 19 2019, 11:23 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,659 posts

Nooooo.... The damn ad just pop up again
xylo_i_phone
post Jul 19 2019, 12:41 PM

Getting Started
51 posts

QUOTE(n8210 @ Jul 19 2019, 11:23 AM)
I think u might have some malware app on ur phone. I've never seen popup ads that bad on any of my android phones I've used since the galaxy s3 days.

Try blockada first.. Not the play store version tho. Play store version only works on certain browsers and not system-wide

xylo_i_phone
post Jul 19 2019, 12:46 PM

Getting Started
51 posts

Does the ad have a notification or show up in recent apps? Maybe u can long tap on it then uninstall in settings
Someonesim
post Jul 19 2019, 12:51 PM

In my way
9,132 posts

QUOTE(n8210 @ Jul 19 2019, 11:23 AM)
I've never have such ads before, and I doubt it's Google ads. 99% chance are some funky apps.
n8210
post Jul 19 2019, 01:07 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,659 posts

QUOTE(xylo_i_phone @ Jul 19 2019, 12:46 PM)
Does the ad have a notification or show up in recent apps? Maybe u can long tap on it then uninstall in settings
That was the first thing I tried to look for. But no, nothing. No clue. I asked around and friends showed the youtube video. I did dl malwarebytes and used the full, trial period version to clean it. Found nothing.
n8210
post Jul 19 2019, 01:11 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,659 posts

https://labs.xda-developers.com/store/app/org.blokada.alarm
Is this the latest?
xylo_i_phone
post Jul 19 2019, 01:17 PM

Getting Started
51 posts

Yes it's this version
azhar75
post Jul 19 2019, 02:32 PM

10k Club
All Stars
16,523 posts

Hard reset and don't restore is the last resort...
n8210
post Jul 19 2019, 03:07 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,659 posts

For now, trying out the blokada app. I was using it, but the outdated version, v3.7. The latest is v4.14. Since it is not from play store, so I totally forgot to manually update it instead of relying on play store to inform me of newer updates.

So cross fingers, hope it works. Thanks to all kind friends who made the wonderful suggestions. Terima kasih.
n8210
post Jul 19 2019, 03:08 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,659 posts

For now, trying out the blokada app. I was using it, but the outdated version, v3.7. The latest is v4.14. Since it is not from play store, so I totally forgot to manually update it instead of relying on play store to inform me of newer updates.

So cross fingers, hope it works. Thanks to all kind friends who made the wonderful suggestions. Terima kasih.
Ronald_loulan
post Jul 19 2019, 06:40 PM

Regular
1,131 posts

QUOTE(n8210 @ Jul 19 2019, 09:13 AM)

I used to get similar ads on my new mi max last time.
I bought the AP mi max and it contains dangerous app like ads on lockscreen or even when you are using it.
Laterni search it and found out that the phone have been tampered and pre install will these apps and 1 of it is a 3rd party keyboard.
This might risk your confidential data when u use the keyboard.
I did a hard reset and it was still the same, so I unlock bootloader and flash official miui and settle!
n8210
post Jul 21 2019, 10:43 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,659 posts

I think finally I have no full screen ads, at least for the past 24 hours. So thanks guys. I based it on all the advice given here, such as it might be from a rogue app, try to check immediately what app is running when ad appears, etc...

So if not mistaken, I believe the ad came from Offline Map app. I have downloaded this when I first had the phone, but had never turned it on before because there's data available. It was a backup. And for so many months it did not do anything until now.

So once again, thank you all for the help. Hope it really is gone.
megadisc
post Jul 21 2019, 11:28 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,342 posts

QUOTE(Xonius @ Jul 17 2019, 02:21 PM)
Are u having any lag while playing PUBG? I'm experiencing seriously shitty lag (massive drop in frame rates) when there's many people in a certain area, worse if its in a small confined space until can't aim. I thought SD845 wouldn't be having such issue, even have the game boost mode on which all it does is sucks up battery life without providing much benefit.

I do also have some ghost touch issues too.

Thinking of switching to OnePlus 7 Pro.
yeah me too but the budget doesnt seem right leh

any promo to share ???
azhar75
post Jul 21 2019, 12:41 PM

10k Club
All Stars
16,523 posts

QUOTE(Xonius @ Jul 17 2019, 02:21 PM)
Are u having any lag while playing PUBG? I'm experiencing seriously shitty lag (massive drop in frame rates) when there's many people in a certain area, worse if its in a small confined space until can't aim. I thought SD845 wouldn't be having such issue, even have the game boost mode on which all it does is sucks up battery life without providing much benefit.

I do also have some ghost touch issues too.

Thinking of switching to OnePlus 7 Pro.
Even with Game Turbo / Boost enabled...?
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Someonesim
post Jul 21 2019, 01:30 PM

In my way
9,132 posts

QUOTE(n8210 @ Jul 21 2019, 10:43 AM)
I think finally I have no full screen ads, at least for the past 24 hours. So thanks guys. I based it on all the advice given here, such as it might be from a rogue app, try to check immediately what app is running when ad appears, etc...

So if not mistaken, I believe the ad came from Offline Map app. I have downloaded this when I first had the phone, but had never turned it on before because there's data available. It was a backup. And for so many months it did not do anything until now.

So once again, thank you all for the help. Hope it really is gone.
Lat time I used to have HERE ( ex-Nokia ) map for offline navigation usage. Long time didnt use anymore because whenever outstation I will get tourist data plan so no need offline map yet.

413 Pages « < 328 329 330 331 332 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0184sec    0.38    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:51 PM