Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Toyota Vios 2014 (third gen) upgrade Sound system

views

TSfeips
post Aug 22 2018, 01:44 PM, updated 6y ago

41 posts

Current the car got OEM 4 speaker and a pair of tweeter, would like to ask some opinion. If I want to upgrade my sound system better, what should I add or change first? for the first step?

some said Change a good pair of component speaker > amp > woofer or should I just add a amp for OEM speaker sound better? Or perhaps just add a woofer for the sound system produce the full range sound? rclxub.gif

would like to know any great suggestion from every sifu here notworthy.gif
BelaCHAN
post Aug 22 2018, 02:13 PM

On my way
550 posts

First and foremost Upgrade your HU (Head Unit).

As they say: "Crap in, crap out".

And nothing says "Crap" more than than ANY stock HU.

Speakers, amps, woofer, bla bla bla, nothing will change the sound more than your player.

Then next only change component speakers. The internal amp of your (hopefully already upgraded) HU wont be able to unleash the full potential of ANY component speakers, but it will still sound much much better.

Then can add "amplifier for subwoofer" and the subwoofer with it's enclosure, to re-claim the lost bass frequency that component speakers cant reproduce.
A good HU will have ALL the necessary digital controls and outputs ready to integrate a sub no prob. Gone are the days of separate pre-amps, crossovers, and EQs.

By now, you would want more power (clearer sound, with no distortion at high volume) from them front components. Time to add in another amplifier for your front components to unleash max potential.

Obviously the Subwoofer amp and front-stage amp can be a single unit 4-way amp, or 2 units of 2-way amps. I recommend separate units. Brand and model up to your budget.

That would be the basic upgrade path for better sound for ANY car.

Once the above all done, and you still serious, ask more and we'll tell more =D
The above alone will cost you at least 1 month salary.

Happy ICEing =D

This post has been edited by BelaCHAN: Aug 22 2018, 02:28 PM
BelaCHAN
post Aug 22 2018, 02:26 PM

On my way
550 posts

Obviously, if u dun dare (or plain dont want) to change the HU (warranty, looks, it's your FAMA's car, etc...), then you can continue to DREAM of better quality music.

You can do the following and get "marginally better" sound quality, but you will never hear the max potential with stock HU:

-Change front components
-Add woofer amp and woofer
-add components amp
-continue with life, as any more is no improvement with stock HU.
TSfeips
post Aug 22 2018, 02:28 PM

41 posts

QUOTE(BelaCHAN @ Aug 22 2018, 02:26 PM)
Obviously, if u dun dare (or plain dont want) to change the HU (warranty, looks, it's your FAMA's car, etc...), then you can continue to DREAM of better quality music.

You can do the following and get "marginally better" sound quality, but you will never hear the max potential with stock HU:

-Change front components
-Add woofer amp and woofer
-add components amp
-continue with life, as any more is no improvement with stock HU.
actually I already changed to HU to android based touchscreen unit already, so the next is to upgrade the sound system
TSfeips
post Aug 22 2018, 02:29 PM

41 posts

QUOTE(BelaCHAN @ Aug 22 2018, 02:13 PM)
First and foremost Upgrade your HU (Head Unit).

As they say: "Crap in, crap out".

And nothing says "Crap" more than than ANY stock HU.
Speakers, amps, woofer, bla bla bla, nothing will change the sound more than your player.
Then next only change component speakers. The internal amp of your (hopefully already upgraded) HU wont be able to unleash the full potential of ANY component speakers, but it will still sound much much better.

Then can add "amplifier for subwoofer" and the subwoofer with it's enclosure, to re-claim the lost bass frequency that component speakers cant reproduce.
A good HU will have ALL the necessary digital controls and outputs ready to integrate a sub no prob. Gone are the days of separate pre-amps, crossovers, and EQs.

By now, you would want more power (louder with no distortion) from them front components. Time to add in another amplifier for your front components to unleash max potential.

Obviously the Subwoofer amp and front-stage amp can be a single unit 4-way amp, or 2 units of 2-way amps. I recommend separate units. Brand and model up to your budget.
That would be the basic upgrade path for better sound for ANY car.
Once the above all done, and you still serious, ask more and we'll tell more =D
The above alone will cost you at least 1 month salary.

Happy ICEing =D
so the end is the OEM speaker from toyota suck big? and tq for so detail explanation, this is what I want thumbup.gif
BelaCHAN
post Aug 22 2018, 02:34 PM

On my way
550 posts

QUOTE(feips @ Aug 22 2018, 02:28 PM)
actually I already changed to HU to android based touchscreen unit already, so the next is to upgrade the sound system
(^-^) Then my first advice holds =D

(P.S.: There are more crap aftermarket android-based-touchscreen-unit that sounds worse than stock HU, than there are better sounding ones =D

Remember: Crap in, Crap out =D)

Cheers!
BelaCHAN
post Aug 22 2018, 02:40 PM

On my way
550 posts

QUOTE(feips @ Aug 22 2018, 02:29 PM)
so the end is the OEM speaker from toyota suck big? and tq for so detail explanation, this is what I want  thumbup.gif
Practically 95% of stock car audio sucks.

The ones that are decent (from BnO, Dynaudio, Bose), you will only get from cars with street price RM150K and above.

Hence:

Your car price >150k, maybe.
Your car price <150k, all suck.
TSfeips
post Aug 22 2018, 02:45 PM

41 posts

QUOTE(BelaCHAN @ Aug 22 2018, 02:40 PM)
Practically 95% of stock car audio sucks.

The ones that are decent (from BnO, Dynaudio, Bose), you will only get from cars with street price RM150K and above.

Hence:

Your car price >150k, maybe.
Your car price <150k, all suck.
biggrin.gif lol ok, for speaker unit is this jbl cs760c model are that good?
spadecrew
post Aug 24 2018, 01:55 AM

Getting Started
154 posts

QUOTE(feips @ Aug 22 2018, 02:45 PM)
biggrin.gif lol ok, for speaker unit is this jbl cs760c model are that good?
how much u are willing to spend on the front speaker?

TSfeips
post Aug 24 2018, 11:13 AM

41 posts

QUOTE(spadecrew @ Aug 24 2018, 01:55 AM)
how much u are willing to spend on the front speaker?
around this model price tag, why?
akallen
post Oct 10 2018, 01:26 AM

Getting Started
66 posts

QUOTE(feips @ Aug 22 2018, 01:44 PM)
Current the car got OEM 4 speaker and a pair of tweeter, would like to ask some opinion. If I want to upgrade my sound system better, what should I add or change first? for the first step?

some said Change a good pair of component speaker > amp > woofer or should I just add a amp for OEM speaker sound better? Or perhaps just add a woofer for the sound system produce the full range sound? rclxub.gif

would like to know any great suggestion from every sifu here notworthy.gif
Depends what is ur wants and needs..
Do you need more bass? Change player... Add a mono and slap in a pair of woofers

Or you can op for Dsp and remain the same player

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0192sec    0.38    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:35 AM