Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Will the Astro/Maxis packages get faster speed?, Or should I split my current plan?

views

TSarubin
post Aug 21 2018, 04:03 PM, updated 6y ago

Holy Pastafarian
670 posts

Currently paying about ~300 or so for a Superpack 3 and a 10MB fiber line. It was decent deal before but its now quite rubbish with the newly announced faster packages.

Will there ever been an agreement with Astro to bring the new improved speeds over? Cos right now, its both cheaper and faster if I split my Astro and Maxis plans at the price of losing Astro over fiber which is nice for when it storms here.

I don't want to have to sign a 2 year package now only to suddenly see a similar deal available with Astro.
zaman_chem
post Aug 21 2018, 04:05 PM

Casual
487 posts

Might be in future since both Maxis n TIME now has 100Mbps plan
TSarubin
post Aug 21 2018, 04:57 PM

Holy Pastafarian
670 posts

QUOTE(zaman_chem @ Aug 21 2018, 04:05 PM)
Might be in future since both Maxis n TIME now has 100Mbps plan
Or it might never and I don't want to wait for nothing.

Unofficial word is Maxis is not particularly happy with Astro regarding their current collaboration. They might not be agreeable to further arrangements

This post has been edited by arubin: Aug 21 2018, 05:09 PM
AhBoy~~
post Aug 22 2018, 04:45 PM

Regular
1,134 posts

QUOTE(arubin @ Aug 21 2018, 04:57 PM)
Or it might never and I don't want to wait for nothing.

Unofficial word is Maxis is not particularly happy with Astro regarding their current collaboration. They might not be agreeable to further arrangements
both company might merge also unofficial word
zerko
post Oct 9 2018, 02:21 PM

Getting Started
157 posts

QUOTE(arubin @ Aug 21 2018, 04:03 PM)
Currently paying about ~300 or so for a Superpack 3 and a 10MB fiber line. It was decent deal before but its now quite rubbish with the newly announced faster packages.

Will there ever been an agreement with Astro to bring the new improved speeds over? Cos right now, its both cheaper and faster if I split my Astro and Maxis plans at the price of losing Astro over fiber which is nice for when it storms here.

I don't want to have to sign a 2 year package now only to suddenly see a similar deal available with Astro.
Just saw your post.

I'm on Astro/Time last time also 10Mbps but complain to them and they upgraded to 100Mbps about 4 months ago.
Call them up.

ps... I called and was further informed there will be further upgrade soon
TSarubin
post Oct 9 2018, 03:21 PM

Holy Pastafarian
670 posts

QUOTE(zerko @ Oct 9 2018, 02:21 PM)
Just saw your post.

I'm on Astro/Time last time also 10Mbps but complain to them and they upgraded to 100Mbps about 4 months ago.
Call them up.

ps... I called and was further informed there will be further upgrade soon
Time is different.

I'm unfortunately on Maxis. I tried calling them and they both ducked responsibility for the decision.

Maxis says its out of their hands. Astro says they got to talk to Maxis.

Unfortunately, this is exactly the sort of stupid useless answer I expect to get from telephone support.

This post has been edited by arubin: Oct 9 2018, 03:21 PM
zerko
post Oct 9 2018, 03:47 PM

Getting Started
157 posts

QUOTE(arubin @ Oct 9 2018, 03:21 PM)
Time is different.

I'm unfortunately on Maxis. I tried calling them and they both ducked responsibility for the decision.

Maxis says its out of their hands. Astro says they got to talk to Maxis.

Unfortunately, this is exactly the sort of stupid useless answer I expect to get from telephone support.
I'm surprised as they are sister companies.
If I were you I will lodge a complain to MCMC. Sure got fast response.

Last time I also did that. While it took them a few months to upgrade from 10 to 100, at least they did eventually.

You have a very good case as why Time upgrade and Maxis cannot.

aeiou228
post Oct 9 2018, 04:02 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,829 posts

QUOTE(arubin @ Aug 21 2018, 04:03 PM)

Any reason why you can't potong Astro ? For old folks at home or some must have channels ??
TSarubin
post Oct 9 2018, 04:19 PM

Holy Pastafarian
670 posts

QUOTE(aeiou228 @ Oct 9 2018, 04:02 PM)
Any reason why you can't potong Astro ? For old folks at home or some must have channels ??
Yup. Easier for them to use than a TV box. Plus its HD without lag and easy to record shows with.

If they don't come up with a better package deal soon, I will probably split the plans. But I damn tulan if I do and they suddenly announce a joint package.

Its fucking retarded...both owned by Ananda Krishnan yet somehow those 2 companies aren't in sync. Malaysia boleh!
aeiou228
post Oct 9 2018, 05:08 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,829 posts

QUOTE(arubin @ Oct 9 2018, 04:19 PM)
Yup. Easier for them to use than a TV box. Plus its HD without lag and easy to record shows with.

If they don't come up with a better package deal soon, I will probably split the plans. But I damn tulan if I do and they suddenly announce a joint package.

Its fucking retarded...both owned by Ananda Krishnan yet somehow those 2 companies aren't in sync. Malaysia boleh!
Just to share this option if it suit you.
LG WebOS TV has Astro on the go built-in and it comes with Magic Remote, a screen pointing remote control (similar to air mouse) for ease of control especially for old folks.
After speed upgrade to 100mbps, even 4K UHD also instant playback without lag. As for recording Astro content, I think you don't need to record anymore since you can watch the content from AOTG over and over again.
TSarubin
post Oct 9 2018, 05:19 PM

Holy Pastafarian
670 posts

QUOTE(aeiou228 @ Oct 9 2018, 05:08 PM)
Just to share this option if it suit you.
LG WebOS TV has Astro on the go built-in and it comes with Magic Remote, a screen pointing remote control (similar to air mouse) for ease of control especially for old folks.
After speed upgrade to 100mbps, even 4K UHD also instant playback without lag. As for recording Astro content, I think you don't need to record anymore since you can watch the content from AOTG over and over again.
Thanks, but my concern now is about the monthly fee and the speed of my internet. I don't really need a new TV.
kkkw80
post Oct 20 2018, 11:11 PM

Tan Sri Member
972 posts

Just cancelled my Astro IPTV today and installed Maxis Fiber. Ordered an EVPad, one time cost with free hundreds of channels incl most of Astro’s channels.
ian90
post Oct 22 2018, 12:53 PM

Enthusiast
885 posts

Been thinking about splitting also... to do 100mbps and tvbox. But not sure which box to choose and if need after sales service.

How did u get upgraded? Wad magic words did u use ah? Haha

TSarubin
post Oct 22 2018, 01:50 PM

Holy Pastafarian
670 posts

QUOTE(ian90 @ Oct 22 2018, 12:53 PM)
Been thinking about splitting also... to do 100mbps and tvbox. But not sure which box to choose and if need after sales service.

How did u get upgraded? Wad magic words did u use ah? Haha
I mana ada get upgraded?

I'm giving them till the end of this month to announce joint packages, than I split cos I tulan.
UserU
post Oct 23 2018, 07:27 PM

CSONLINE2.NET - FREE COUNTER-STRIKE
Group Icon
Elite
5,013 posts

Their 4G network has become shitty lately. Even in KL and you get below average signal.

Attached Image

Premium price, subpar service.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0172sec    0.40    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:36 AM